Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this article interesting!

https://www.popularmechanics.com/spa...e-oval-office/

I really hope we go back to the Moon soon, because that would be really cool to see! However, there are still people that believe ALL of the moon landing were faked, even though NASA, using the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter on July 17, 2009, took pictures of the landing sites from Apollo 11, Apollo 14, Apollo 15, Apollo 16 and Apollo 17, including foot prints, decent stages of the landers, and more.

Many conspiracists also say that since there are no stars in the photos Apollo astronauts 'supposedly' took on their missions, that that's proof they were faked. However, all crewed landings happened during the lunar daytime, and the sunlight, as well as the sunlight reflected off the lunar surface, outshone any stars they could have seen back then. Even those on the Space Shuttle, MIR space station, and the ISS can't see them like we can here on Earth. The astronauts could see stars with the naked eye only when they were in the shadow of the Moon.

What do you think? I firmly believe that NASA did in fact, go to the moon. I also believe we will go back again, and soon, too.

Last edited by imzadi35; 23 January 2021, 08:36 PM.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

They put a Mars rover on err... Mars.

Hell yeah, they went to the moon first -- for one, it's closer.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So here's a question for you all. They did a movie in Hollywood about Apollo 13, and it was a great movie, too! Anyway, do any of you know about any other movies or documentaries about any of the other moon landings?

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
          So here's a question for you all. They did a movie in Hollywood about Apollo 13, and it was a great movie, too! Anyway, do any of you know about any other movies or documentaries about any of the other moon landings?
          National Geographic Channel does miniseries about the space race, based on true facts.

Comment

This is exciting!
            Nasa's Mars Perseverance rover has sent back its first colour images from the surface of the Red Planet. The space agency also released a dramatic image of the Mars Perseverance rover being lowered onto the surface during its landing on Thursday. The image (below), unveiled during a press briefing on Friday, was taken by the descent stage that placed the vehicle on the ground. Adam Steltzner, Mars 2020 chief engineer, told the briefing he hoped the image of the rover landing would become as iconic as the picture of Buzz Aldrin on the moon in 1969, the image of Saturn seen from Voyager 1 or the Pillars of Creation taken by the Hubble Telescope.

Comment

In the meantime, the helicopter has also given a sign it's doing well.

I'm so excited for this mission.

Comment

Me too, FH!

Comment

NASA released stunning new video for the first time Monday from its Perseverance rover's audacious landing on Mars last week. The footage, shot from multiple cameras, captures the rover's entry, descent and landing on the red planet's Jezero Crater on Feb. 18. "This is the first time we’ve been able to actually capture an event like the landing of a spacecraft on Mars," Michael Watkins, the director of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), said in a news conference Monday, adding that he hopes the video will bring viewers along on the journey.

Comment

Someone on my Facebook feed named Hugh Hou, took NASA's panoramic photos from the Perseverance Rover, and made a 360 degree photo of them. It's so cool! Wish I could post it here, but I can't.

Comment

I'll go look for it on Facebook.

I'm loving all the manipulations people posted about what it was that Perseverance first saw when it landed. The one with the Jawa from Star Wars made me laugh the hardest so far.

Comment

It was a 3D photo he made with the Oculus Quest 2 / Quest 1 VR headset. Here's the link to the photo, if that helps... It's really cool! (It says Facebook in the link, but click on it, and it goes to the photo.) Otherwise, look for Hugh Hou's Mars 360 photo.
                        Last edited by imzadi35; 26 February 2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Do you all think we should land on Mars? My MIL doesn't think so. She thinks we should leave it alone. What are your thoughts?

Comment

NASA's Parker Solar Probe captures stunning Venus photo during close flyby
                            Here's a bigger picture on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SPACEdotcom/stat...569665/photo/1

I happened to see this while on space.com's website: Company plans to start building private Voyager space station with artificial gravity in 2025

As for Mars, I think we should, but for research purposes only as the Mars rovers can only do so much, and only when a lot of the travel time can be shaved off of the time from Earth to Mars and back.
                            Last edited by planet_tv; 27 February 2021, 03:55 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              I read about that. I thought it was interesting! If you had the chance after it was built, would you go?

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              As for Mars, I think we should, but for research purposes only as the Mars rovers can only do so much, and only when a lot of the travel time can be shaved off of the time from Earth to Mars and back.
                              I agree. Maybe not live there, but for research only.

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                                I read about that. I thought it was interesting! If you had the chance after it was built, would you go?
                                I don't know if I would or not.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X