Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol whoever brought Mexico in this discussion... Seriously? No killings? Do you even Cartel?

I cannot comprehend how some are unable to see the REALLY SIMPLE LOGIC behind all of this. ACCESSIBILITY TO WEAPONS. How can somebody actually say it is not an issue?

I am pretty sure everybody in this thread got rejected by a girl/boy as a kid, maybe got cheated on, whatever other similar situation. You became really depressed, sad, furious, angry, etc.

Now you're in that state of mind, you look to your left : Oh a Glock, to your right: Noice, a brand new MP-5 with my Dad's new Jaffa-custom grip! You impulsively grab it and go out for blood.

Now, put yourself in the same situation, without access to firearms. By the time you actually put something together your negative emotions will have faded/dimmed and you will abandon that idiotic plan of yours.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Now you're in that state of mind, you look to your left : Oh a Glock, to your right: Noice, a brand new MP-5 with my Dad's new Jaffa-custom grip! You impulsively grab it and go out for blood.
      what of those kids whose dads are cops it's not like the dad can be held accountable (and that's assuming the kid himself doesn't plan to follow in his dad's footsteps)
      Last edited by SoulReaver; 22 May 2018, 11:19 PM. Reason: forum bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
        Errare humanum est!
        it's all part of being a #$%$ sapiens
        Last edited by SoulReaver; 22 May 2018, 01:33 PM. Reason: censored

Comment

lol whoever brought Mexico in this discussion... Seriously? No killings? Do you even Cartel?

I cannot comprehend how some are unable to see the REALLY SIMPLE LOGIC behind all of this. ACCESSIBILITY TO WEAPONS. How can somebody actually say it is not an issue?

I am pretty sure everybody in this thread got rejected by a girl/boy as a kid, maybe got cheated on, whatever other similar situation. You became really depressed, sad, furious, angry, etc.

Now, put yourself in the same situation, without access to firearms. By the time you actually put something together your negative emotions will have faded/dimmed and you will abandon that idiotic plan of yours.
          I've been ditched multible times, but I never felt the urge to go on a killing spree because of that. No guy is that important.
          sigpic

Comment

Errare humanum est!
            Actually, she used Publix online ordering system. So, it automatically censored the message the mom submitted for the cake before the employees got it. If, however, she'd ordered in person...she could've explained the meaning.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              New idiots come out of the woodwork every day!

Proud mom orders ‘Summa Cum Laude’ cake online. Publix censors it: Summa … Laude.

Speaks to the failing educational system in the US.
              Also shows the wisdom of sending a machine to do a human's job.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Actually, Mexico does get school shootings, there were at least 4 in 2018.
                Total fatalities so far....4.
                US...almost one each week since Jan 1st with a lot more than 4 fatalities.

Of those four that happened so far, 2 where targeted assassinations, and 1 was a "heat of the moment" event. Only 1 can be called a "mass shooting". In 2016 there was only one shooting. No shootings for 2015 and 2016. Since 2004 there have only been some 9 shootings with a total body count of 12.

You'll have to go back and properly read the posts. In the US school shootings are...out of hand. Yet in a place like Mexico, as you pointed out, somehow they are not out of hand. Both countries have an abundance of weapons and there are more homicides per capita in Mexico than in the US. So no, it's not just a simple "access to guns" issue. Yes, it is easier to kill more with heavier weapons. But the weapons themselves do not cause someone to kill. People don't just kill on a drop of a dime. Mexicans and Americans are not anymore violent than eachother

I
                cannot comprehend how some are unable to see the REALLY SIMPLE LOGIC behind all of this. ACCESSIBILITY TO WEAPONS. How can somebody actually say it is not an issue?

I do hope that you are not truly describing your disposition...because that is not normal nor healthy in any way...

No, Homicide would not have been, nor has it been, my knee jerk reaction. Not by a long shot...no pun intended (and if you knew me, you'd know that it is rare for me to not intend a pun).

I've been ditched multible times, but I never felt the urge to go on a killing spree because of that. No guy is that important.
                I'm no stranger to rejection myself...and yes, no girl is that important. Most people tend to avoid "murder" as a reaction for rejection. Now if you're a stalker or something....

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Also shows the wisdom of sending a machine to do a human's job.
                Like your car?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  [COLOR="#000080"]You'll have to go back and properly read the posts. In the US school shootings are...out of hand. Yet in a place like Mexico, as you pointed out, somehow they are not out of hand. Both countries have an abundance of weapons and there are more homicides per capita in Mexico than in the US. So no, it's not just a simple "access to guns" issue. Yes, it is easier to kill more with heavier weapons. But the weapons themselves do not cause someone to kill. People don't just kill on a drop of a dime. Mexicans and Americans are not anymore violent than eachother
                  Motive, means and opportunity.
                  If means and opportunity are non-starters, that leaves motive, and if you are willing to say Mexicans kill each other at the same rate as Americans, but are just more picky about where, that's still motive.
                  Perhaps Mexicans are just as nuts as Americans?
                  Something in the water, lead perhaps?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Yeah...I'm sortta with Annoyed on this...where did you get this from? I've heard the argument that TV/Movie violence and video game violence are to blame for the school shootings. But we've had these things for decades...why all of the sudden would they cause school shootings?

And were on God's green Earth did you hear the "teenage girls should sleep with more boys..." thing? Who are the supposed "adults in positions of power" making these claims?

Look up some of the more recent quotes of Oliver North and others. They were blaming everything from video games, to abortion and ritalin.

As for the girls sleeping with boys I don't know where I read that but someone suggested they take one for the team to prevent shootings.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I didn't watch the Billboard Music Awards, but I loved what Kelly Clarkson had to say regarding the shootings at Sante Fe HS here in TX.

I saw that video and liked what she had to say on this issue as well.

Soul I never made any comment about glocks. Why is my name quoted here when I never said that?

Comment

? fixed (must be another forum bug)

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Look up some of the more recent quotes of Oliver North and others. They were blaming everything from video games, to abortion and ritalin.

As for the girls sleeping with boys I don't know where I read that but someone suggested they take one for the team to prevent shootings.
                          Lots of people blame video games, TV, the declining morals of the times and such. And there may be some truth in those claims. TV/Game violence may have desensitized people, and the "anything goes" morality we embrace today might also be a factor. These are legitimate subjects for debate.

But suggesting that women date or have sexual relations with males* who they would otherwise reject to prevent the rejectee from going off the rails is absurd.

* This can of course be turned around. As we all know, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            ? fixed (must be another forum bug)

No problem thanks dude (or dudette)

Comment

I do hope that you are not truly describing your disposition...because that is not normal nor healthy in any way...

You missed my point. I definitely never had the urge to shoot someone. I dramatized a situation to illustrate exactly what Gatefan mentioned :

Motive, means and opportunity.

What I was trying to say is, if you DO have the motive and opportunity, and you DO have access to weapons (means), it makes the job that much easier. If acquiring a weapon is somehow complicated, strict permits and regulations in place, psycho-evaluation, etc., said person might just cool off and decide not to act.

All humans have dark impulses, some more than others, and if the means are available at hand you might act on impulsion and do something horrible. Nothing can prevent a killer to kill if he has the intention and carefully plan his actions.

You can although prevent an unstable man from going on a rampage on the flick of a switch.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

flick of the switch is what they do not understand.
                                Have you noticed that no one has argued that the state or people have no right to regulate cars?
                                Regulate bomb making material?

They Accept that regulation as it makes sense, but regulating a tool with no function but to kill?
                                Second amendment baby!!!
                                Well, I want 12 year olds to be able to drive, a method of conveyance is a safe thing, and they will be responsible with 2 ton of steel and plastic.
                                If I consider a car a weapon, it's immune to regulation, it's an "arms".
                                My (chemical 1) plus (chemical 2) is a arms, and you have no right from limiting my access to said arms, yet it is done all the time by second amendment lovers.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X