• Show
Clear All

So, a glorified security guy...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Nope, these ******s have police powers within their little fiefdoms.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Nope, these ******s have police powers within their little fiefdoms.
        Ah, so a light-version of an actual cop.

Comment

yup.
          Disturbing, isn't it.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

if he was an actual cop that kid might be dead with a few bullet holes in the noggin by now lol

Comment

The "sweet innocent little girl" that the media is disingenuously trying to portray her as mouthed off to the cop and even took a swing at him when all the cop was trying to do was his job, which was to remove the blatantly disruptive "sweet innocent little girl" from the class

was he just supposed to stand there and let someone take a swing at him without fighting back?

don't know about you but if someone unjustly takes a swing at me, I can and I WILL make sure that person regrets it....whether it be a male or a female

Comment

There are other ways to deal with a mouthy teenager than to go all gong-ho on her. I'm sure the disruptive miss had it coming to be kicked out of the classroom, but seriously this light-cop should have known better.

Comment

There are other ways to deal with a mouthy teenager than to go all gong-ho on her. I'm sure the disruptive miss had it coming to be kicked out of the classroom, but seriously this light-cop should have known better.
                  did you happen to miss the part where I said that the "sweet innocent little girl" also TOOK A SWING at the cop in question? once she started using fists he was well within his rights to use force in return

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    did you happen to miss the part where I said that the "sweet innocent little girl" also TOOK A SWING at the cop in question? once she started using fists he was well within his rights to use force in return
                    I didn't - hence why I said disruptive.

There are other ways to respond to violence. Returning violence with violence, makes you no better than the culprit.

Comment

I didn't - hence why I said disruptive.

There are other ways to respond to violence. Returning violence with violence, makes you no better than the culprit.
                      so if someone is attacking me I'm just supposed to sit there and let them pummel me? heck no! just use of force in defense of my own person makes me far better than the person who just beats the crap out of people for the fun of it...and far better than the person who hasn't the stones to fight back when being attacked

Comment

It really streamlines the process of getting the 'bad' kids out of school and straight into prison..

Comment

police_brutality_zps0djzc4nf.jpg

Comment

I would say it depends on how you are being attacked. I support a person defending themselves but if their is a better alternative I suggest taking it
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually, they are sheriff deputies and have full police powers in the county that the department operates in. Or at least in my area. There are states where sheriff departments don't have full police powers, they have on call police officers or a stationed officer from a local police department. Schools they are assigned to are considered their "beat" or jurisdiction just like in any large department with multiple precincts.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              The "sweet innocent little girl" that the media is disingenuously trying to portray her as mouthed off to the cop and even took a swing at him when all the cop was trying to do was his job, which was to remove the blatantly disruptive "sweet innocent little girl" from the class

was he just supposed to stand there and let someone take a swing at him without fighting back?

don't know about you but if someone unjustly takes a swing at me, I can and I WILL make sure that person regrets it....whether it be a male or a female

I didn't see her swing her arm, and I watched two different videos...
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                It really streamlines the process of getting the 'bad' kids out of school and straight into prison..
                                Would you rather leave the "bad" kids in school to disrupt things for those kids who are there to learn? A quick trip to prison might actually scare some of these teenage monsters straight. Even if it doesn't, removing them from the schools is a good thing. According to a large number of teachers, these disruptive students are making school hell for teachers, staff and other students, and as it stands now, almost nothing can be done to get rid of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X