This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    So he got Mexico to agree to do things they were already most likely going to be doing considering domestic pressure...does he expect an award for this?
    Granted, it's not perfect, and Mexico may not do what they say they're gonna do, but it's more than anyone else has done or even tried to stop the flood at the southern border.

Comment

some1 explain how thef Mexico's expected to prevent emigrants from entering the US?
      doesn't even make sense

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        some1 explain how thef Mexico's expected to prevent emigrants from entering the US?
        doesn't even make sense
        It's not supposed to make sense. Trump's entire presidency was a publicity stunt, he never left campaign mode. He takes credit for so many things out of his control and the trumpets want more Kool aid.

How else is he supposed to galvanize his xenophobic base?
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

doesn't even make sense
          Simple. Mexico is being overrun by invaders from its own southern border, many making refugee status claims under the incorrect assertion a tanked economy at home qualifies for refugee status. It doesn't.

Until now, Mexico has been letting the caravans and such proceed north through Mexico to our southern border, where they become a problem for the US. Since Mexico is saying they're gonna use their own resources to control their own border and people passing through, hopefully fewer will make it to our border. And they've also agreed to having asylum seekers wait in Mexico, rather than passing them through so they overwhelm our input capacity and have to be released; "Catch & Release", and in many cases they just vanish into the US.

Since Mexico will now have to house, feed & clothe these people on their dime, they will have an incentive to keep the flow northward to a minimum.

There is one major flaw in this deal, aside from the fact that I don't think Mexico will keep their word. But let's see how this works before I start nitpicking.

Comment

If Mexico had resources to begin with most of the population wouldn't be living in dumps.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Do you really think he will care?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Simple. Mexico is being overrun by invaders from its own southern border, many making refugee status claims under the incorrect assertion a tanked economy at home qualifies for refugee status. It doesn't.

Until now, Mexico has been letting the caravans and such proceed north through Mexico to our southern border, where they become a problem for the US. Since Mexico is saying they're gonna use their own resources to control their own border and people passing through, hopefully fewer will make it to our border. And they've also agreed to having asylum seekers wait in Mexico, rather than passing them through so they overwhelm our input capacity and have to be released; "Catch & Release", and in many cases they just vanish into the US.

Since Mexico will now have to house, feed & clothe these people on their dime, they will have an incentive to keep the flow northward to a minimum.

There is one major flaw in this deal, aside from the fact that I don't think Mexico will keep their word. But let's see how this works before I start nitpicking.
                so basically you saying your immigration problem is due to Mexico's own immigration policy?

(and that the immigrants on your southern border are non-mexican ones?)

Comment

so basically you saying your immigration problem is due to Mexico's own immigration policy?

(and that the immigrants on your southern border are non-mexican ones?)
                  Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                    yes to the 2nd question too? could've sworn your king called the migrants "ms13 thugs" and since ms13's mexican this means he says the immigrants are (mostly?) from Mexico itself

Comment

yes to the 2nd question too? could've sworn your king called the migrants "ms13 thugs" and since ms13's mexican this means he says the immigrants are (mostly?) from Mexico itself
                      There are no doubt some folks coming from Mexico directly. And they, including the criminal element needs to be stopped also. But the vast majority of the problem for the past few years are people entering Mexico through its southern border and coming north to the US's southern border. And Mexico was doing nothing to stop them from entering Mexico at its southern border. Maybe that will change now.

Comment

You're quite naive Annoyed. No doubt years of kool aid have clouded your judgment.

You're buying every self-attributions of Trump via a mere few words.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

There are no doubt some folks coming from Mexico directly. And they, including the criminal element needs to be stopped also. But the vast majority of the problem for the past few years are people entering Mexico through its southern border and coming north to the US's southern border. And Mexico was doing nothing to stop them from entering Mexico at its southern border. Maybe that will change now.
                          Interesting. Totally false but interesting
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

so of all the south-american immigrants how many % are mexican?

there's gotta be some simple stats to settle this right?

Comment

Everybody south is a Mexican, all Asians are Chinese, Canadians live in igloos. Ah, the miracles a good ol' home education does for those folks.

You're asking a lot from them Soul, as Jel said it's a false problem.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I thought all Canadians were Mounties
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X