No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N - Nice day on Saturday I had because I got to go to a Minnesota Twins game. One of our local radio stations sponsored the bus that went. it was also the day my favorite player, Joe Mauer, got to retire his number. It was a bit cloudy, and there were thunderstorms back home, but at Target Field the game went on. The Twins won the game, too!

O - On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day and my 48th birthday. We went to Redfield an hour or so away from where I live to a drive-in outdoor theater. We saw The Secret Life of Pets 2, and also part of A Dog's Journey. It was a late night, but it was a good birthday.

P - Problem I had coming home though. I got to drive home from Redfield, but even though I was wearing my glasses and not my contacts, I was seeing double when I drove. What I mean is, is that I was seeing two of all the road signs and reflectors. So I can't drive again at night until I get that figured out. Please pray that I do.

Q - Quite sure I also found out the reason for my bad headaches. I have chronic sinus infections. So I see an ear, nose, throat doctor July 19th. Hopefully the doctor can help.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

R - Reason for headaches could be due to sinuses.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

S - Seems to be. I get to go to an ear, nose, throat doctor on July 19th. I'll know more then.

T - Time for me to get ready for work.

U - Upwards temps and high humidity are on tap for this weekend. Hope so. I like the heat compared to -40 temps in the Winter.

Comment

V- Very glad it’s almost Friday because < has to get ready for work too.

W- Wonder if taking apple cider vinegar would help you, it always helps me get rid of anything like that.
          Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

XYZ - End of the alphabet.

A - And away we go!

(Chosen One)

Comment

B = Best days and years are behind us. Hubby's job is closing down. Bad, because he's nearing retirement. If his health doesn't hold out, we're screwed, and I'll be homeless (again!). If he does survive and is able to retire from working, we won't have the money to afford renting or living in a home. He'll have to get part time work to supplement lack of retirement funds. Also, our current house just had major roof leak that caused a bunch of other internal problems, but needed to be fixed pronto (and it was, but there is more work to do on room improvements now) if we are ever able to sell the place.

C = *Caring* family and friends have offered to house me, if anything happens to my hubby and I end up a widow, due to job issues and job loss. I appreciate their concern, but it's not something I am looking forward into living with for the rest of my life, as I will have to quit my current job and work myself to death somewhere else in another state.

D = Dread this potential disaster of a future waiting...

E = Eeek! Been having spasm issues where my blood pressure drops and sometimes a spasm occurs anywhere in the body. Magnesium (mineral supplement) is supposed to help the spasms, but it also lowers the blood pressure to calm the body down; and I already have a low enough blood pressure level, that gets worse by having to take the magnesium just to control the spasms. Catch-22. This health issue is NOT going to help me get a future job elsewhere.

F = Fortunately, my current bosses are aware of my health problem and have been very gracious with me spasming after eating, etc. Scary stuff, when it happens. Found out my younger niece has MS, but I don't think my health problem is that. No one ever had MS in our family, that I know of. Have no idea how to *heal* from this malady. One person suggested trying the KETO diet, but I need my dairy foods for other health related issues. I'm already on a halfway sort of KETO diet, and keep hearing the dairy and gluten-containing foods need to be completely removed. ugh!!!

Comment

G - Goodness.

H - Hope things turn around.

I - It's wonderful that so many people offered to help you out. Don't be shy. Accept their invitation.

J - Jesus is working through them,
                (Chosen One)

Comment

K = Kindness... is always appreciated. pscard, thank you for your compassionate thoughts & prayers.

L = Leaning on Jesus is the only reliable support system I really have. He is my strength and guiding light, always... I'd definitely be more of an emotional wreck than I already am without HIS presence being there beside me, as well as carrying me, when I can't continue on my own (and sometimes literally from the spasms and chronic arthritis pains).

Comment

M - Me, I'm doing okay, and right now my headaches are not so bad. But there are bad days though sometimes. I might have to try that apple cider remedy though and see if that works. How do you do it?

N - New computer (i.e. laptop), I had to get because my other one was dying. It was over 8 years old anyway, and it was time. Now to tell my mom I did it! LOL!

O - Oh the joys of setting up a new computer to your way of doing things! I haven't gotten a whole lot on here, but I'm starting to.

P - Prayers being sent, SG Alisa, not only for you but your hubby and family as well.

Comment

Q = Quickly... Sending a *thank you* to imzadi35. I almost sent you an email or PM on FB, but was hoping I could keep my hubby's stuff off of FB... He gets upset over me sharing about his woes on there... But prayers and kind words are always encouraging.

Comment

R-Raw Apple cider vinegar with the “mother” (you’ll see it labeled when you look for it) is the best kind to get if you want all of the benefits. I take 1 teaspoon in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. It’s pretty strong, but you can dilute it in water and drink it if you prefer. You can always start with twice a day too, I’m just used to it by now. I hope it helps!

S-SG Alisa, thinking of you!

T-Totally happy about the three day week I have coming up!
                        Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

U = Uncertain futures are often scary, but we've learned to expect the unexpected more often than most people seem to be experiencing or dealing with on a daily basis.

V = Very appreciative of *positive* thoughts and comforting prayers. *Thank you!*, Stargate Atlantis Girl

W = Wholesome wellness for imzadi35... If you go with the apple cider vinegar solution, you can also put it on some lettuce or salad and drink it as part of the salad dressing that way, too. My mom got me into the habit of using apple cider vinegar a lot.

X = Xtra vinegar... Now, I actually prefer those salad dressings over French or mild Italian. I add extra balsamic vinegar to my regular Italian and other balsamic/oil mixtures. Sometimes I think it might be too much, but so far it hasn't reacted bad on me.

Y = Yes... (generic *you* to everyone here) Was reading about people suffering with GERD need to put more (apple) cider vinegar acid into their stomachs, because for whatever the reason, it counteracts the stomach acids from coming back up with GERD (acid reflux/regurgitation vomiting). Some people don't take enough vinegar related foods, and have more GERD problems than others. Balancing out the natural vinegar acids added to combat the bitter stomach acids (sometimes?) helps in making a healthier gut. But one suggestion is to also add the teaspoon of vinegar to a glass of water -- to help dilute it going down the throat, and help it from feeling that ultra burning feeling and super sour taste.

Comment

Z - Zounds!

A - And away we go!
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

B - Been trying to redownload one of my computer programs and have been having trouble.

C - Can't get it to redownload. I'm still trying though.

D - Damp it is here because it's been raining all morning where I live. What's the weather been doing where YOU live?

Comment

E - Eventually you'll be able to download it, but do you get an error message?

F - Flash drive perhaps? Download then copy it to your PC?
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X