No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M - Microchimerism is a fascinating subject. Thanks to you, I've learned something new!

N - Now for the pronunciation:

Last edited by pscard; 28 June 2017, 07:38 AM.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

O = Ohhhhh no!!!!! I can't read these forums. Managed to find a way in to post this, but get a database error message when attempting to view the subforum index. Thought it might be either the subject I mentioned, or the forums are suffering from some other issue that might be due to the hacking problem that is going on all over the world right now...

P = Please let me know it's not me that caused this crazy (can't read the) text viewing problem by bringing up that fascinating subject of "male microchimerism".

Comment

Q -- Questions were sent on the twitter account of GW, and the forum was down. Worst day of my proverbial life. My distraction was down -- and darn it, it was very long day at work too so I could have used it.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

S = Soooooooo, it wasn't the "male microchimerism" subject that threw the forums into a tizzy spin.. *whew* Good to know. I really wanted to post that info into another thread, and might later with more details about it...

T = *THANK YOU!!!!!* FH with hugs!! (girl squishes girl with emotional hugs.. FH gets flabberghasted at the image..) Thank you for mentioning the GW tidbit on twitter. I usually venture off to the gateworldalphasite.com but thought Greg was working on upgrading the forums again, so I just ventured off to other places to read. Plus, I didn't have twitter as a back-up source to look at, so I didn't know where else to look at what was wrong with the forums at that time.

Comment

U = Uplifting pet story appeared in my family FB page about a dog-wolf-dog hybrid. Seemed like it took 25 web pages to scroll thru just to get to the last page of the story, but it had a happy ending, so it was worth it. Next day I came across a---

V = Very intriguing story, from that same web site source, about a baby animal that looked like a mole at that time, was abandoned but got rescued, and ended up being a flying squirrel. That story took another 25 pages to scroll thru to find out about its sort of happy ending--because it couldn't be released back into the wild, since human hands raised it, and details went on and on about what might happen if it did get put back into the wild..
            Anywho, some viewers were complaining about scrolling onto a new page just to see the next picture and paragraph. Would that format possibly be caused by the story being set up to view on an i-phone, but not reformatted for the web? I was thinking maybe the MB size of the story/pictures had something to do with why it was formatted with such suspenseful "OMG, I got to click on *Next Page* again?" ..Just curious as to why anyone might set their web page up like that.

W = What did you(FH) expect as a reaction from me about GW's alternate twitter site? Of course I'll hug almost *anyone* who gives me great news that makes a happy, positive difference to me. I've even hugged people at the grocery store(s), and some of us gals hug each other at work over non-work issues (usually about some horrid, personal crisis situation, and also usually when at special holiday parties)..we just don't hug the guys for obvious reasons.. Imagines squeamish FH pushing the iccky conservative/right-leaning germs off after that happy hug!

X = Xtra item.. BTW, I couldn't find anything about GW's site being down at GW's twitter site, but did find a few comments about it on the alternate gateworldalphasite.com site.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
              T = *THANK YOU!!!!!* FH with hugs!! (girl squishes girl with emotional hugs.. FH gets flabberghasted at the image..)
              Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
              W = What did you(FH) expect as a reaction from me about GW's alternate twitter site? Of course I'll hug almost *anyone* who gives me great news that makes a happy, positive difference to me.
              Y -- You could say (and these are the words one of my friends used), hugging me is like hugging a tree because I will freeze and my brain will go into panic-mode instantaneously. I do not like to be touched, not by anyone (family, friends, strangers, ...). I'm very socially awkward and I literally had to learn how to hug people. If they don't initiate it, I will happily shake hands. If they do, I have to sort of go with the flow and hope for the best. Hence my friend's comment about hugging a tree.

Z -- Zzzz.... the sound of a bunch of flies right now. Cats need to go hunting.

A -- alternate site I picked was the yahoo group which still exists, but it only said the site was down (cause it was the whole of Gateworld that I couldn't access), and then I made a post on twitter, mentioning the Gateworld handle, and they responded when it was fixed with the good news so that's how I knew it wasn't on my end alone.

Comment

B - Beautiful day today.

C - Can I share some great SG-1 news? Beginning yesterday, the ELRAY Channel has begun airing a three-hour block of Stargate: SG-1 Monday-Friday at 1 pm.
                (Chosen One)

Comment

C - Cool!

D - Don't want to start WW3 in here, but suffice it to say that God never intended for same-sex marriages.
                  "This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." Genesis 2:24

E - Eyes are tired tonight, so off to bed for me. However before I go, here are some more pics of the two of us from our wedding...

My dress...

Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                  (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

F = Family day yesterday visiting with Thomas the Train. This year I wasn't working on the ground with pictures, but in my very own "padded cell" table booth. Joke there is that every time I go (which is volunteer, cause my hubby is also a volunteer and likes to play with the big toys--meaning the real deal choo-choo's), I end up hurting myself (from falling backwards from an equilibrium issue or losing my balance and hurtling forward like superwoman without the super powers to stop!), so I was able to just sit still and stamp papers all day.

G = Gorgeous train on your dress, imzadi. I kept wondering what the back would look like with the blue accent. Love the embroidered lacing on the gown, too. My train wasn't that long but I'm not re-doing what's already been done, signed, sealed and delivered.

Comment

H -- Had forgotten about the dowry! Imzadi, did your husband pay your family a dowry?
                      Cause that's what marriage was about -- long before any religion took possession of it. A contract to solidify power, land, titles, .... heirs if you were unfortunate enough to be a member of the royal family or nobility.

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                      D - Don't want to start WW3 in here, but suffice it to say that God never intended for same-sex marriages. [/B]"This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." Genesis 2:24
                      [B]
                      I -- I hope you do realize that your god has no jurisdiction over marriage or love or unions whatsoever. In fact, he has no jurisdiction over any of it at all. You do not have the right, as it is written in your constitution, to push your religious believes on others and deny them the right to equal benefits by doing so. Marriage existed long before anyone even talked about your god, or any other god for that matter (although I don't know what elements the first humans believed in, or the Neanderthals or the Homo something something for that matter -- they didn't leave too much writing behind ).

J -- Just a real life example here (and I learned this earlier today when researching something entirely different): in Belgium a civil marriage takes presedence over a religious marriage. Meaning without an official marriage certificate from your local mayor, your marriage has no legal ground to stand on. In the eyes of the law, you'd not be married at all.

K -- 'Kay, you want to believe that marriage can only be between a man and a woman (no adultery or divorcing or remarriage, I imagine, and children optional or mandatory?) but would you therefore deny the same benefits you are automatically entitled to to same sex couples? Because, whether you like it or not, that's exactly what it's all about, the right to be on your partner's death certificate, to be by their side when something happens and they are hospitalized, when they are sick or dying, or to be on their healthinsurance as their partner, or to gain tax-cuts, or to have whatever else there is to be gained when marriage happens.

L -- Little known fact but marriage isn't just about "to love and to hold, in sickness and in health, until death do you part" -- not anymore, and it never was (but that's too much history to go into).

M -- Might I ask, if there was a bill introduced tomorrow that would make marriage illegal for everyone, every benefit no longer applicable and everyone equally denied the benefits that go with it, how would you feel about that? Would that be fair to you?

N -- No point in asking, I guess, how you feel about the LGBTQ in general? Hate the sin, love the sinner -- or however it goes again... Still not a choice though (hate is, homosexuality not so much).

O -- Oh no... there's a fly in the house and the cat's on the hunt... and LOL, it's a smart fly, although the door's in the way of freedom at the moment.

P -- Putting the lazy in tuesday as I have another day off thanks to Flemish weavers who kicked the French knights' butts in 1302 -- the Battle of the Golden Spurs -- however, Flanders wasn't the same size back then. In fact, where I live wasn't even part of Flanders then.

Comment

Q = Quickie note, which includes the quote. I know the question was directed to Imzadi, but I think I can explain this about what "Christians" do (the ones I've ever met or heard about, anyway)...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        H -- Had forgotten about the dowry! Imzadi, did your husband pay your family a dowry?
                        Cause that's what marriage was about -- long before any religion took possession of it. A contract to solidify power, land, titles, .... heirs if you were unfortunate enough to be a member of the royal family or nobility.
                        ...heirs? dreaming of being rich and famous? here's my

Q = Quickie note version. Except for the rich and famous and those who *want* to lavish on their wedding -- my niece spent approximately $20,000 on her wedding party and started divorce proceedings 5 months later! -- Well I don't know too many Christian marriages in our 21st century times that involves a dowry. In fact, I've never heard of any such thing in any of the Christian marriages I've ever attended. Other religions might and actually still do include some sort of dowry payment, but that never happened in any of the marriages I've witnessed with any of my long list of distant relatives. There was the Sisters of Mary (Roman Catholic) ceremony, and a big party reception and lots of gifts given, but no dowry from the parents on either side.

R = Rich (or wealthy) I wasn't (and still ain't), and neither was either side of my family. My own marriage was simply a joining between my fiance/hubby and me, because we wanted to spend our future together as husband and wife. Nothing more added, and nothing more got added. Our moms and dads on both sides were simply happy to see their children find someone else to hitch onto, be indebted to each other in more ways than one (*snicker*) ..and thus start off on our own.

S = Starting the marriage.. well, us kids chose each other. When it came time for the wedding, it's usually the groom's side to supply the liquor and drinks, and the bride's side to supply the reception food supplies and nearly everything else. In my own wedding reception, because both sides of our families were more on the frugal//poorer side, we not only cut down the reception invites to less than 50, but our parents also did not rent an elaborate setting, etc. Reception was at the Ladies Auxillary Firehouse and nicely set up considering where it was located. Hey, yah make do with what one can afford, and that included our cheap band, which was a tape reel of selected music, using my hubby's own speaker system set up (he studied electronics).

T = There was NO dowry of any sort--no land, no contracted whatevers, nor investments being passed from one family to the other in my situation. Hubby & I barely scraped ends to meet to get our new apartment from our own savings account, and I still didn't have promise of a full time job, until almost a month AFTER I got married (I sort of begged a local business that I needed one, so finally that full time employer was nice enough to grant me one). That's what is termed as "living by FAITH, and NOT by sight."
                        Last edited by SGalisa; 17 July 2017, 06:06 PM. Reason: fixed dyslexic thought: who pays what ~ wedding/reception

Comment

U - Under no circumstances did Ricky give my mom a dowry. That's so medieval anyway, besides being wrong.

V - Very hot here, and going to be worse by Monday. Temps in the 100's and no relief in sight.

W - Wrong you are about some things. God created everything, including marriage, and He says that marriage belongs between one woman and one man only.
                          Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10) But you believe what you believe, I'll believe what I believe and leave it at that.

Comment

X - Xceptionally true: No matter who we are, no matter what we are, God loves us all for we are His children.

Y - You must remember this as we spread His love to others.

Z - Zed.

A - And here we go again!
                            Last edited by pscard; 17 July 2017, 09:58 AM.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

B - Beyond knowledge I have about that. I know God loves all His children, but He's sad when we sin. But I try to love everyone that I can because it's what Jesus taught us to do.

C - Can safely say that it's HOT here! Dew points are in the lower 70's, so it's really muggy here. There's a good chance of thunderstorms tonight, but whether they do anything to get rid of the humidity remains to be seen.

D - Doing it all over again here in this thread. So what will the next person cone up with?

Comment

E - Excited to find out, are you?
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X