Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGalisa
    replied
    C = Cried my heart out this morning. The dam of tears finally burst. Yesterday, I was dazed and sort of in shock. Today, I broke down. Our office (small business) shut down, closed, kaput, until further notice. Not going to bounce back if this COVID-19 virus shutdown lasts longer into a month or 3 months or even most of the rest of the year, which has been heard suggested thru the airwaves of other news. Mostly every state that started out volunteering to request "social distancing" and minimize public contact in workplaces, etc., has also finally shuttered down ... leading to mandatory closures and isolation tactics.

D = Done with talking about this stuff. I have to work on other more important things on homefront. Even my (currently former) coworkers are exhausted from dealing with this news, and facing an uncertain work / financially stable (or unstable?) future.

E = Employment elsewhere seems bleak, at best. Everyone is in the same sinking boat and feelings. Expecting long lines at unemployment, because if TPTB shut many businesses and industries down longer than one month, perhaps as long as six or more months, NO one is going to hire... nor in the field you are best qualified to work in. If you already have pre-existing health problems or nearing retirement, finding anything within the scope of what you need-- financially and otherwise, is going to be like watching the retirees pushing shopping carts at Walmart and supermarkets. Must be able to deal with all sorts of weather (and any outdoor allergies) in those situations, too.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    YZ says that I'm concerned about the coronavirus, but the media is blowing things so out of proportion it's not funny. And I just donwhick. which one. 't know what is behind the craziness about hoarding toilet paper. What's up with that?! Sheesh!

A - Another day, another dollar.

B - Been taking care of my sick husband. He's either got draining sinuses or bronchitis. Not sure which one, but he has a scratchy throat and is coughing and clearing his throat all the time. Hopefully he'll be better soon.

Leave a comment:

• pscard
    replied
    T - Took to streaming using Amazon Prime and CBS All Access so I can watch 'Star Trek: Picard'.

U - Undeniably enjoying rewatch of sci-fi shows from the 90s and early 2000s, some from SciFi's heydays.

V - Very interested in 'cutting the cord'. I'm paying $157/mo. and have about 100 channels in my favorites but watch fewer than that.

W - Wanted to see if I could get over-the-air channels as a first step, so I hooked up the old rabbit ears to the HDTV and received 40 stations including the networks!

X - Xperiment #2 is to hook up the VCR. That'll be my version of 'On Demand'.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    Q - Quite cold out tonight here. Wind chill warnings and temps below 0. Brrrrrrrr!

R - Really hope it doesn't snow as we don't need it.

S - Swing in temps this weekend where if it's below 0 now, it will be in the 40's by Saturday/Sunday. Ugh!

Leave a comment:

• SGalisa
    replied
    Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    O = Outdoor air is being filled with bad dust particles (and any airborne germs, too). Town stirring up dust at superfund site, so, this is beyond the control of people in the area. Anyone passing thru breathes in the dust particles, and it can cause respiratory problems. ...

Originally posted by pscard View Post
    P - Perhaps you can wear a dust mask?
    P = People avoid walking thru that area, but there are businesses on the same road, and some are food related. Since it's winter, I just pull my scarf or gloves over my face. IMO, a dust mask isn't enough... maybe a sealed head-gear (gas mask type breathing) suit. You can literally see the dust being kicked up in the air at night, so we can only imagine how hard that is for the residents living right next to the place. Can't open the windows without the dust pouring into the house, and can't go out and enjoy working in the yard or just sitting there soaking up the sun. Lots of asthmatics have resulted from this digging operation. A few weeks ago, creosote (oil residues) was found in the ground, and ended up having particles of it filling the air. Whole neighborhood smelled awful... Gag!

Leave a comment:

• pscard
    replied
    O - Other forums I usually visit I've been away from.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    L - Love seeing you both here, pscard and bandit! glad you're back!

M - Maybe you'll stick around for awhile.

N - Now we're under a Winter Storm Warning for our area. Heavy snow, cold temps and winds. Ugh not again!

Leave a comment:

• pscard
    replied
    F - Far from here I have been.

G - Gotta say, life is busy.

H - Have a lot of things to catch up on like repairs and decisions to be made.

I - I've been considering 'To Do' lists for a week, month, year, and remaining years.

J - Just hope y'all are doing OK.

Leave a comment:

• SGalisa
    replied
    C = Calm moment in the midst of a busy winter.

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
    W - Where did everybody go?
    Hi Bandit! I drop by here now and then whenever I am able to.

D = Dealt with having to heal up some bad abrasions on my hand/wrist. Fell on concrete walkway and slid downhill. It scraped my skin down to the muscles and bone. So, I got it cleaned up, sterilized it, and kept it covered completely for about a month... it healed up and scab fell off on its own. Then the skin healed from the outside to the center of a circular wound... no scarring occurred. WOW..! I learned thru that experience that I need to stop picking at my scabs... maybe they won't scar that way.

E = Exhausted from having to pamper my boo-boos every day, and not be able to do my spinal exercises properly, because I couldn't lean on my hand while doing back arches. *sigh* Much better now, but the knee still hurts when putting pressure on it. Makes life difficult trying to clean floors, since I still can't fully kneel on even a foam pillow.

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    XYZ says I'm still here! *waves*

A - And another one bites the dust! *LOL*

B - Been dealing with some bad eyesight. My eyes have cataracts that my eye doctor says aren't bad enough. However, they're really bothering me, so I plan to make an appointment to have them rechecked and see where they are. Please hope for the best for me.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    W - Where did everybody go?

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    T - That's too bad, SGalisa!! Hope you heal and get well quickly!

U - Upwards of 17.5 inches of heavy, wet snow my town got last weekend, but I'm visiting Branson, MO, right now as I'm on vacation.

V - Very much wish all of you a happy and prosperous, joyous new year!

Leave a comment:

• SGalisa
    replied
    S = Still fighting some sort of respiratory infection. Off the antibiotic now. But it came in handy when I fell and scraped my hand during a downhill, sidewalk fall (of my own carelessness). Antibiotic was fighting on 3 levels... sinus infection, badly scraped hand (down to muscle and probably bone area), and my good knee is now my new, bad knee. Can't exercise properly with it. Day #9 of healing from fall. Still dealing with healing. It was interesting watching how the "sinews" and other stuff were being repaired into the skin day by day. But I wouldn't recommend hurting oneself just to see such amazing wonders occur. Videos from/about someone else would be a better option...

Leave a comment:

• imzadi35
    replied
    R - Really want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope that you all stay safe in your travels. Love you all!

Leave a comment:

• pscard
    replied
    P - Perhaps you can wear a dust mask?

Q - Questions I would have for the mayor and state senators regarding the possible long-term heath issues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X