No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great Aldi vs. M&S caterpillar cake wars of 2021...

Seriously? Gimme a break. ????
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      The great Aldi vs. M&S caterpillar cake wars of 2021...

Seriously? Gimme a break. ????
      Oh so... they have those battles everywhere...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Trying to rent any type of housing in 2021...super inflated
        Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Myself and a couple of neighbours need some repair work done to the front of the house, the matter has been with the property management company since just after New Year.

There's been hemming and hawing, discussion over which contractors to hire, people dragging their feet over paying their share of the fees.
          The pandemic hasn't helped either.

Today, just after half past nine, the chosen contractors finally show up.
          "Great!" I thought, "I'll just have a quick word with their boss about what specifically they're going to do to my part of the property."

Grabbed my house keys and checked out of the window to see what progress they'd made... and saw that they'd vanished. In the space of just about the ten minutes since I first noticed them.

So that's my pet peeve for today.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Sounds like the mailman leaving a note in the mailbox that they came to the house with a package, rang but nobody was home... Then you look at the date and hour, and you realize you were at home cause working from home but the bell never rang when they said they pushed the button.

Lazy mailmen/women are horribly annoying features.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, Microsoft Outlook was hacked so I had to go through all the accounts that I have and change the emails to a non outlook email.

Comment

When people assume that their beliefs are absolutely right and everyone else is wrong…

I believe that I am right of course, most people do, but I do try to recognize that I could be wrong and so try to keep my mind open for possibilities that disagree with my world view… of course I usually fail at that too.

Comment

At the risk of repeating myself, people in supermarkets who stand around in the middle of the aisle gossiping.

GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    At the risk of repeating myself, people in supermarkets who stand around in the middle of the aisle gossiping.

GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!
                    THIS. And then they look at you weird when you try to pass them
                    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post

THIS. And then they look at you weird when you try to pass them
                      Perhaps the time is right to start being blunt with these idiots?

Just scowl at them and say in a firm voice "Get out the f***ing way!"
                      sigpic

Comment

I normally just say "Cleanup on Aisle {numberhere}" They normally move when I say that, otherwise I am just bluntand go "move" OR I start shopping out of their cart..... {this last one normally makes them move, very quickly}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          I normally just say "Cleanup on Aisle {numberhere}" They normally move when I say that, otherwise I am just bluntand go "move" OR I start shopping out of their cart..... {this last one normally makes them move, very quickly}
                          You are terrible! ......................... But I like you xXK0IzY.gif
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

You are terrible! ......................... But I like you xXK0IzY.gif
                            *Blushes*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Mmo9zFu.gif
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I've gone on at some length about people at the cinema who show up late and make a big deal out of finding their seats, but today's effort really takes the cake.

There I was, watching the new Bond film "No Time to Die".
                                It gets to around three quarters of the way through, Bond and the villain are about to have their climactic showdown, when a group of at least a dozen assorted adults, teens, and kids appear and start clomping up the stairs - before suddenly realising that they were in the wrong screen, and clomping back out again.

Where has this dip in people's reading comprehension come from?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X