Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I doubt they used cubits. However since Moses is our purported author it makes sense that cubits would be used much in the way the Spanish Wiki uses meters to describe the heights of Americans instead of feet.
    That just makes any kind of measurement seem imprecise. At least the wiki's are contemporary sources so some kind of overlap even with different measurements makes sense. Noah is far removed from Egypt.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Background for review first... and the multi-quote isn't working with giant walls of text. Gotta piece-meal this together. agh!
      Sorry if it's out of order...

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      Here are the Noah's Ark discovery details I jotted down from the following--
      "Drone Flying Over the REAL Noah's Ark" (17:04 minutes:sec)
      Spoiler:
      "Drone Flying Over the REAL Noah's Ark"
      Michael Kelly
      Published on Nov 14, 2016

BIG notes on above video, which I think I got my notes combined with another two videos as well.

This boat/ship shape is NOT on the actual Mount Ararat. It resides within view of Mount Ararat with a valley between the ship and the other "Noah's Ark" on Mount Ararat tour. So, given these details, the ship/ark resides on the "Mountains of Ararat" (it's a regional name thing for that area...)
      . . .
      Please refer to the above for other details regarding this specific area, as it reveals what the locals believe *it* really is.

Okay, no time now to get into anything else. Just focusing here on one issue regarding this whole "Noah's Ark" stuff: WHY???? IF there was NO catastrophic FLOOD, *Why* put a giant boat on "little Ararat"... That was basically my original question. I won't get into the mudslide images yet, until this first bit is resolved.
      And YES, that boat-shaped object is sitting in a mudslide... got impaled on a giant rock, too.
      Details... details... they actually DO mean something.

Seems my "WHY?" question is MIA in the blurred walls of text...
      I'm not asking HOW it was done, I'm asking *WHY* it was done. (*wink,wink*!!)

*** Why would a giant (ship) boat-like structure be sitting on top of a dry mountain, not even near a large enough body of water, as viewed today...?
      Grant it, I did ask how wood got into the rooms when there were few trees big enough to build this "structure" in that area...
      * Note... no large trees in surrounding area have been known to grow there. Even the Turkish people in the area believe this site IS the actual Noah's ark vessel..!
      thus, the following HOW's came back...highlighted/bolded for emphasis...

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Ancient civilizations used floats made of natural materials at hand to move huge slab of stones from the mountain tops. Channels were dug and water was diverted to create a slide of water and carry the slabs using flotation.
      . . .
      This is how every single ancient civilizations moved huge stones, including the Egyptians.
      So, perhaps I wasn't focused enough on asking the *WHY* and got all sorts of ideas on the "How" it was done...
      thus...

Problem with that explanation is that it doesn't explain WHY a huge ocean-sized SHIP...approximately the size of a modern air-craft navy carrier (which is *huge*!), now containing petrified wood is sitting wedged into a rural mountainside when there is literally NOTHING up there of significant interest to anyone. Deliberately hiking up a mountain to deliberately start Farming at approximately 17,000 feet in elevation high...? (Actually, the NAMI research team claims the boat-shape object they found is approximately 12,000-ft. elevation above sea level in elevation.)
      Riiiiiiiiiiight. It's on a volcanic hill valley, too, where nothing was growing. That takes a lot more *faith* to believe the people residing up there deliberately did so on purpose... what?? ...to be hermits?
      Everything "HOW" came back, instead of *WHY* that mega-boat shape is on that mountain, as a reply. A little lake boat, I could understand... leisure fishing, or just relaxation. But this isn't a little house-boat... it is half the size of a current mega-luxury cruise-ship liner.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      If you had bothered to READ the article, you would have known that it was MODERN people who moved the temple complex in order to save it from the flood waters of the Aswan Dam -- not the Ancient Egyptian builders who didn't know their little temple complex would one day be in the way of an artificial dam.

I understood about Temples (and other huge objects) being moved. But my comment was asking about WHY the ARK-Ship got moved up the "little Ararat" mountain, if it was manually moved up there by human power, instead of some giant, catastrophic flood.
      Somewhere in between I had also asked again *why*... with the following--
      July 5th, 2019, 07:07 PM, post #1848
      QUOTE (SGalisa) ---
      Seriously, what is the point of putting *that* "ship" up there? I see no logical reason for a "boat" mega-sized up there on that mountain.

What is the point in putting a 515 foot long, 85 feet wide and nearly 52 foot high "ship" up that mountain when there is NOTHING up there, but maybe farming... So, a bunch of people ---say EIGHT people--- because that is what the town near it is translated to ("village of Eight")... these people decided to build a ship and have it dragged up the mountain to live like hermits up there?

--- END of QUOTE

But again... no reasonable *WHY* it was done was given for an answer. Instead, there was another "HOW" it was done suggested...

Ask the Egyptians how they moved their massive stone blocks for their pyramids, or better yet... Ask the builders of Stonehenge how they managed to get their genormous Welsh blocks of stone from their original location to the Salesbury planes.

It ain't rocket science -- in a manner of speaking.
      THERE are no temples on top of that mountain. Plus, the boat is sitting on a slope side of a collapsed volcano. WHY???? To suggest there was some "TEMPLE" worship involved would be implying that Noah wanted to *move* his family into the volcano. That's just silly and sounds like a bunch of sci-fi self-sacrificial nonsense.

So.... I wasn't asking "HOW" the "boat" got up there, I was asking *WHY?* ...what was the point of putting it there in the first place?

...This conversation is going in circles...
      Not HOW, but WHY. ...WHY....WHY....why????
      There is NO point in the WHY ....maybe because no one here can reasonable answer the *WHY*... so it gets redirected with "how" instead. NO more "How"s, please. =)

Just a simple *WHY* it was done.. what was the purpose/point reason..?
      Unless (generic) you are all suggesting Noah created a "temple" in the shape of a BOAT, and dragged it up the mountain to worship or sacrifice into the volcano..? Still nonsense.

Luxury liner/ARK-Ship rescue shelter for animals and plants makes far more sense. Volcanic soil is also very rich in nutrients, too. So, it helps the plant life grow faster. All we need to do is look at the volcanoes on Hawaii to figure that bit of botanical / agricultural know-how out.

Thus, please refer back to my original comment. As I noted prior ---- There is NOTHING up there, but farmland and lots and lots of SNOW. Eight Hermits living in a giant boat-shaped object in the SNOW? Seriously? That's just silly.

It either makes the story of a world-wide flood a reality and Noah's Ark a necessity at the time, or Noah was just some crazy old hermit who liked to be eccentric with the biggest, oddest, and most outrageous shaped *house* on the planet at that time. Somehow, I honestly wonder if when the "ark/boat" shaped object is finally revealed, that is what some of (generic) you folks in this world are going to spout off claiming... he was weird, eccentric, and had a flare for the unique! END of Story.
      (Silly talk.)

Even the Muslims in the area believe this boat-shaped object IS Noah's ARK that landed up there as resulting from a major earth-sized FLOOD. The travel routes have signs leading up there, all pointing to the object as "NOAH's ARK" which *rests on the mountains of Ararat* (little Ararat mountain range... 15 miles from the BIGGER Ararat mountain with a valley in between both mountain areas). There are some nice travel videos reinforcing this bit of data along with the "village of Eight" nearby, and the giant anchor stones that got cut loose from the Ark/BOAT down in the valley (I saw several of these videos months ago). Interesting data. But, trying to explain it here (on GW) is an *ugh!*

Comment

Nobody cares about the why because that would be implying your fable is true and looking into the purpose of this structure. Rule out all other possibilities then we'll talk Alien and Gods.

You also don't seem to understand the scientific methodology nor what is considered proper evidences and peer reviewed research.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

You forget that is liberal propaganda Chaka
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Are we seeing a pattern here?
            Well said Chaka. It seems like you are correct on that.

Adam & Eve
            Noah's Ark
            The Tree of Life and the 10 commandments

All those main stories present in the Bible have been literally copied from Ancient Babylonian lore or other civilizations, it's just a rehearsal with a new twist.

There has been 0 geological evidence found to date that indicates such a flood occurred. There would DEFINITELY be remnants of such a cataclysmic event easily found all over the globe by having geologist examine the ground. Nothing.

There has been 0 physical proof of the Ark itself, nothing. Your Roody guy isn't a source because of all FH said.

Cubits are literally the most inaccurate measurement unit which have been giving archaeologists headaches. My cubit was that big, yours was that big, we all call it the same.

So literally you have no leg to stand on in terms of evidences.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

SGAlisa, the "why" question is beyond the scope of this conversation.

A "why" question in proper archaeology, can only be answered if there's writing involved, dating to or a little after the same period in time in which the people state their reasons, or depict it or draw it. If there's no written evidence of any kind, the "why" simply cannot be answered.

Archaeological evidence as to why people do what they do, is not an easy feat to discover, unless they told us why (and even then, the story can be skewed or misinterpreted). And if they didn't bother, we can only guess to their true reasons.

We've learned through archaeological evidence that Stonehenge and the Avebury stone circle were in fact connected with one another, but why... what were they used for? I don't know for sure, and neither do the people who've studied both places.

Or how did the people, that build the incredibly beautiful passage tomb of Newgrange know where to put that little window at the entrance so that the rays of the sun would light up the inner chamber during the winter solstice.

And in other news... As archaeologists say they’ve found King David’s city of refuge, a debate begins
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Background for review first... and the multi-quote isn't working with giant walls of text. Gotta piece-meal this together. agh!
                Sorry if it's out of order...

Please refer to the above for other details regarding this specific area, as it reveals what the locals believe *it* really is.
                No one CARES what they BELIEVE.
                If I said the Earth was just a trapezoid, you would ask for proof, right?
                If I said one section of the Earth was a dodecahedron, People would ask WHY.
                Simple fact is, you cannot back up your claims. I have no doubt you believe in them, but you cannot PROVE them, and that's the basis of science. I can no more prove my religious claims than you can.
                Faith is not tied to fact, it's tied to feeling, and feeling lack's fact, pretty much by definition.
                What you want is people accepting your "feelings" over the facts.
                Okay, no time now to get into anything else. Just focusing here on one issue regarding this whole "Noah's Ark" stuff: WHY???? IF there was NO catastrophic FLOOD, *Why* put a giant boat on "little Ararat"... That was basically my original question. I won't get into the mudslide images yet, until this first bit is resolved.
                And YES, that boat-shaped object is sitting in a mudslide... got impaled on a giant rock, too.
                Details... details... they actually DO mean something.
                Pretty much anything can *look* like a boat if you go looking for a *boat*
                We have "boat's" predating even biblical timelines.
                The Aboriginals of Australia had boats thousands of years before Noah, yet they have no record of a world breaking flood.
                Or are they just lying?
                If so, WHY?
                Seems my "WHY?" question is MIA in the blurred walls of text...
                I'm not asking HOW it was done, I'm asking *WHY* it was done. (*wink,wink*!!)
                1: You don't care how it was done.
                2: Your why question is not a "why", but "I am right because I have an answer"
                It's base Ego.
                Grant it, I did ask how wood got into the rooms when there were few trees big enough to build this "structure" in that area...
                Try building a small aircraft carrier with no resources and a stag antler.
                thus, the following HOW's came back...highlighted/bolded for emphasis...
                The HOW is "HOW do you back up your claims", no more, no less.
                So, perhaps I wasn't focused enough on asking the *WHY* and got all sorts of ideas on the "How" it was done...
                thus...
                Quite the opposite.
                You focus on "why" rather than "how".
                Noah simply could not build an aircraft carrier sized ship on his own, the bible itself says people rejected helping him and the logistics of building such a structure are beyond a single person, even today.
                You are asking people to accept that *A PERSON* in the pre-historic age can do more than modern engineers.
                Even with God's blueprint, it is beyond the ability of a single person, or their lifetime.
                Everything "HOW" came back, instead of *WHY* that mega-boat shape is on that mountain, as a reply. A little lake boat, I could understand... leisure fishing, or just relaxation. But this isn't a little house-boat... it is half the size of a current mega-luxury cruise-ship liner.
                No, it's not.
                It's not even half the size of naval vessels we had 100 years ago. If Noah's ark was real, it was big, but hardly big enough to do what it claims to have done, and that's simple mathematics.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Forget King David's city of refuge, I've found something far more interesting predating David by a few thousand years:

Apidima Cave fossils provide earliest evidence of Homo sapiens in Eurasia

Two fossilized human crania (Apidima 1 and Apidima 2) from Apidima Cave, southern Greece, were discovered in the late 1970s but have remained enigmatic owing to their incomplete nature, taphonomic distortion and lack of archaeological context and chronology. Here we virtually reconstruct both crania, provide detailed comparative descriptions and analyses, and date them using U-series radiometric methods. Apidima 2 dates to more than 170 thousand years ago and has a Neanderthal-like morphological pattern. By contrast, Apidima 1 dates to more than 210 thousand years ago and presents a mixture of modern human and primitive features. These results suggest that two late Middle Pleistocene human groups were present at this site—an early Homo sapiens population, followed by a Neanderthal population. Our findings support multiple dispersals of early modern humans out of Africa, and highlight the complex demographic processes that characterized Pleistocene human evolution and modern human presence in southeast Europe.

I'd like to point to page 19 of the report -- the proper way to present a case to the archaeological/scientific community.

Comment

Saw that today, the 210k-ish old skull ? From Greece? All the recent finds completely rewrites human evolution. You probably followed the genetics experiments of Australian natives. Can't find the research right now but basically if I remember they found a dude that had genes so ancient he was related to a different variety of archaic human. Sorry think I'm wrong on that

For our religious folks: what do you think of that, why was there different "models" of humans created by God that lived simultaneously? Does that change anything Bible-wise?
                    Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 11 July 2019, 02:53 PM. Reason: Correction
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Yes, I know the research you speak of -- the Denisovan connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        No one CARES what they BELIEVE.
                        If I said the Earth was just a trapezoid, you would ask for proof, right?
                        If I said one section of the Earth was a dodecahedron, People would ask WHY.
                        Simple fact is, you cannot back up your claims. I have no doubt you believe in them, but you cannot PROVE them, and that's the basis of science. I can no more prove my religious claims than you can.
                        And that applies to the THEORY of mankind causing climate change, too, right?

That cannot be PROVEN either.

Comment

Yes, I know the research you speak of -- the Denisovan connection.
                          Thanks that's exactly it.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I'm still not right in the head after the sudden surprise death of a beloved pet, so I'm not gonna say much, but it seems to me that if the biblical tale of Noah's ark is true, the logical barriers to the construction of the ark wouldn't apply. If there is a "God", I have to assume he could do whatever he wanted by some means.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              I'm still not right in the head after the sudden surprise death of a beloved pet, so I'm not gonna say much, but it seems to me that if the biblical tale of Noah's ark is true, the logical barriers to the construction of the ark wouldn't apply. If there is a "God", I have to assume he could do whatever he wanted by some means.
                              By that standard, human-caused climate change is real too.
                              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 12 July 2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                but it seems to me that if the biblical tale of Noah's ark is true, the logical barriers to the construction of the ark wouldn't apply. If there is a "God", I have to assume he could do whatever he wanted by some means.
                                God didn't build the Ark, he commanded Noah and gave him instructions to build it.

For the sake of discussion (I only use KJV as a reference personally)

4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

5 And Noah did according unto all that the Lord commanded him.

6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X