Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    You are certainly not boring me with your art, post all you want

And yep, I'm still not authorized to access GateWorld Forum Software Upgrade! (Questions & Requests). It would nice to be able to, though as you say, this thread is more important
    Thanks

Here's another recent one
    "Sad Elf, Wearing a Fur Cape"
    Digital drawing created with GIMP

(click on image for redirection to full-size view)

Comment

Really like the hair on the Sad Elf.
      Compared to the watercolor works you've shared, is it then faster to work in Gimp?

Comment

Thanks

But no it is not faster as I am drawing them in GIMP by hand, too, I've got a drawing tablet. so it's actually the same work. Just one pen but I select different brush tools as well as I switch pens when working on paper. So it's about the same time I need for them.
        Last edited by DarkenLycht; 27 February 2021, 03:19 AM.

Comment

FEBRUARY PROMPTS

WINTER

and

FARAWAY WORLDS

Jumble Faraway World

Jumble Winter

DarkenLycht

Winter

https://images2.imgbox.com/91/c2/ULmzXunj_o.jpg

Faraway worlds:

https://images2.imgbox.com/dc/e5/9U2xITao_o.jpg

Estrela

Faraway Worlds

SCIMM

Faraway Worlds

Comment

YOUR PROMPTS FOR MARCH ARE

MUSIC

and

FUN!

Please post your artwork here during the month and send them to me so that I can make a ‘prompt post' at the end of the month.

Please also put your name or initials on your pieces – thank you!

Comment

Oh nice entries for the last prompt The new one will be interesting as I do not have any idea yet what to do with those XD

Here's one of my recent arts though
              "Glow, the Shadow"
              Digital artwork created with GIMP

(click on image for redirection to full-size view, new tab)

Comment

My entry for 'Music' - when I was in Vancouver for the Sanctuary con I heard Martin singing this song a lot!
                Last edited by Jumble; 01 March 2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Interesting eye colour on that one DL

My entry for 'Fun'

Comment

Ah nice entries, Jumble And well, his eyes are why they call him Glow (I mean they will, if I ever write a story about him XD)

Here's another recent art
                    "Green-Eyed Cat"
                    Digital artwork created with GIMP

(click on image for redirection to full-size view, new tab)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkenLycht View Post
                      But no it is not faster as I am drawing them in GIMP by hand, too, I've got a drawing tablet. so it's actually the same work. Just one pen but I select different brush tools as well as I switch pens when working on paper. So it's about the same time I need for them.
                      Thanks. One of the advantages with using GIMP is the easy way to correct mistakes. I'm certainly using Ctrl+Z a lot when working in photoshop

Comment

well, if you know how to cover up mistakes you do not even need to use it soften And sometimes such a little accident can be a better result as you've actually had in mind first
                        On paper there is no ctrl z so I also do not use it often on PC

Comment

well, if you know how to cover up mistakes you do not even need to use it soften And sometimes such a little accident can be a better result as you've actually had in mind first
                          "We dont make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" ~ Bob Ross

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yes, that is right I love to watch his "Joy of Painting", really sad he died rather young

But some of the accidents are really not that happy, like when you squeeze a gold glitter pen because no liquid gets to the brush and then it suddenly leaves a big pool of gold on the paper...then cover up work requires watercolors or acrylics

Comment

Yes to this out of mistakes come new ideas, so it's not all bad.

Comment

Entry for music:

sam jack artwork

Comment

Working...
                                X