Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

...and I isolated Kyra with the magic wand tool and then fliled her in with that purple...ish color. Then I cut and pasted"it onto the sig and scaled it down to fit. I then went back and undid the fill on the original Kyra image, did another cut-and-past job and scaled that down. After which I positioned the purple layer where I wanted it and the new Kyra layer over that, but off a little. Lastly, I gaussain blurred the purple layer.
    You can achieve the effect very quickly and easily using "drop shadow" - when you pull up the drop shadow dialog box, right click on the black box next to the blend mode (multiply is the default for shadows) that brings up the color picker box - you can then choose purple if you like.
    Then, right click on the drop shadow effect in the layers menu, towards the bottom is "create layer". Click this. Now you have a totally separate shadow layer that you can manipulate however you want - I use "skew" a lot to create long shadows cast from your object.
    Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    So, is there any trick how to make it work the way you want to? I really would die to "cut" one person out without that it's blurry and I have to put several textures over the pic only to hide my failures.
    to make really clean cuts, you need to learn to use the pen tool. Very powerful "weapon". I won't kid you though, it takes practice. There are lots of tutorials available.
    How do you copy and paste in PS CS3?
    to select an entire layer, CTRL + A (all), CTRL + C (copy), CTRL + V (paste - no not P - that would be print!)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      It's the same as in Gimp. Change the layer mode to Screen.
      Got it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      You can achieve the effect very quickly and easily using "drop shadow" - when you pull up the drop shadow dialog box, right click on the black box next to the blend mode (multiply is the default for shadows) that brings up the color picker box - you can then choose purple if you like. http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...h_colorbox.png
      Then, right click on the drop shadow effect in the layers menu, towards the bottom is "create layer". http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...reatelayer.png Click this. Now you have a totally separate shadow layer that you can manipulate however you want - I use "skew" a lot to create long shadows cast from your object.
      I knew this already. Was just too tired to think of it. I didn't know about creating a new layer for the drop shadow. That will come in very handy in the future.

[QUOTE]to make really clean cuts, you need to learn to use the pen tool. Very powerful "weapon". I won't kid you though, it takes practice. There are lots of tutorials available.
      This is also good to know. Thank you. And for the kink.

to select an entire layer, CTRL + A (all), CTRL + C (copy), CTRL + V (paste - no not P - that would be print!)
      I figured it out but I'm sure I've forgotten by now so thank you.

Okay, here is my attempt at lg's tut...

sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Gorgeous, RiG.

I'm loving how each one of these has "It's all about the ___." That was just part of Renner's quote that I used because that's how I view writing. But it's been really great to see how everyone uses it!

Speaking of art, had a go at this tut shared by Hyn, I believe it was.

Edit: Yep, it was Hyn who shared that lovely tut. Thanks!

Comment

Gorgeous, RiG.
          Thanks.

I'm loving how each one of these has "It's all about the ___." That was just part of Renner's quote that I used because that's how I view writing. But it's been really great to see how everyone uses it!
          Well, I really liked that part and just had to use it! Btw, Jeremy was on Live With Kelly and Michael this morning. And he looked gorgeous!

Oh, WOW! They are beautiful!!!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks. I just followed the tut.

And I didn't know that! *reminds self to look up video*

Comment

Thanks. I just followed the tut.
              Welcome.

And I didn't know that! *reminds self to look up video*
              I tried to find the video a few minutes ago with no luck. Maybe you'll have better luck.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Welcome.

I tried to find the video a few minutes ago with no luck. Maybe you'll have better luck.
                I'll give it a day or two, then look on his website.

Comment

Good idea.

Oh, and I bkmk'd that icon tut you so kindly linked to.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Good idea.

Oh, and I bkmk'd that icon tut you so kindly linked to.
                    It was a really easy tut! I made a couple changes 'cause I used PS, but that's it.

Comment

It was a really easy tut! I made a couple changes 'cause I used PS, but that's it.
                      Good to know.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

great work all love the takes on lg's tut
                        sigpic
                        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Gorgeous, RiG.

Wow, those are great!

EDIT:
                          Okay, had to give the tut my very personal try once more. Don't know why, I like the second one better:

And just because RiG seemed a little confused, here are some of the art I'm making after order (not only Grimm/David-G.-related but true, a lot ):

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hyndara71; 23 January 2013, 04:20 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                          Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Jumble! You made it colorful! Love it!
                            I did Thanks

Nice colourful icons

Thanks Yami - and that's a really nice twist you've done on that wp

Comment

Hyndara, I love the icon tuts you've shared...just my take on some...

I'm definitely doing more!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Love them, Ikorni! I will definetely give some of them another try. Here we go, 20in20-challenge !

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                                Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic
                                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X