Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Rodney/Jennifer!!! I so totally shipped them! Love it! I'd green you but GW is being a big scrooge!

I can't see the "gorgeous sig" lg, all I get is an error message.

Um...is it possible that when linking to Shadowplay we get a heads up so that those of us that don't have accounts/memerships there will know not to click the link?

Hmmm... I suppose I could register for a Shadowplay acct. Maybe I will. I kinda really want to see that sig.
    I am SOOOO sorry. I normally do mention it. I'll edit it.

I would sign up for a Shadowplay acct if only for the tutorials on there. They have a good amount of challenges, but I'm not into a lot of the things they are. I still like to keep up to date on there.

Comment

Quick flybypost. Will try to come back later.

Entry for Challenge. Still need to watch Fringe finale. Off to do that now.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Rodney/Jennifer!!! I so totally shipped them! Love it! I'd green you ikorni but GW is being a big scrooge! Btw, I love that font, what is it called?

Great sig lg!
        Thanks! The font's Kravitz Thermal and from dafont.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
          Thanks! The font's Kravitz Thermal and from dafont.
          You're welcome. And thanks for the font.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          I am SOOOO sorry. I normally do mention it. I'll edit it.

I would sign up for a Shadowplay acct if only for the tutorials on there. They have a good amount of challenges, but I'm not into a lot of the things they are. I still like to keep up to date on there.
          That's okay. I went and signed up.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          Quick flybypost. Will try to come back later.

Entry for Challenge. Still need to watch Fringe finale. Off to do that now.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps581e7dbc.png
          Oh, this is cool! I saw the finale last night, it was good!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

For the challenge - another wallie

sigpic

Comment

My first challenge entry.

Edit: Oh, and this is the first bit of art I've made entirely in PS. My sig comes close, but I used Gimp to crop everything except the round part. Still working on making those edges sharp and not feathered.

Comment

Great JR sig lg! Though I'm not sure what you mean by "round part". I see noting round, except maybe the curve of JR's shoulder?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                That is cool!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks, RiG.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                    My first challenge entry.

Edit: Oh, and this is the first bit of art I've made entirely in PS. My sig comes close, but I used Gimp to crop everything except the round part. Still working on making those edges sharp and not feathered.
                    Nice job. When you do "select" with the marquee tool, you can choose feathering or not - select > modify > feather or you can right-click on the selected area and a bunch of choices will come up like feathering and inverse selection. Also, when you make a selection (using the pen tool to create a path) you can set the number of pixels for the feathering. I usually use 0 pixels for a very clean cut.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you RiG!
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice job. When you do "select" with the marquee tool, you can choose feathering or not - select > modify > feather or you can right-click on the selected area and a bunch of choices will come up like feathering and inverse selection. Also, when you make a selection (using the pen tool to create a path) you can set the number of pixels for the feathering. I usually use 0 pixels for a very clean cut.
                        I tried that, and it wouldn't go any lower than 0.2. Which is what I used for the round "crop" in my current sig. But, when I tried to change it to a rectangular selection, it wouldn't have that crisp edge I wanted.

Thanks, btw! It took most of the day that I was home to get it done.

Comment

that's really weird. I cannot imagine why it's not letting you get it at the default of 0 pixels. If you do nothing at all to modify the selection, it should be zero. It's only when you modify the selection that you can expand, contract, or feather.
                          sigpic

Comment

that's really weird. I cannot imagine why it's not letting you get it at the default of 0 pixels. If you do nothing at all to modify the selection, it should be zero. It's only when you modify the selection that you can expand, contract, or feather.
                            It's very odd.....Might have been my computer, though. I had issues with Gimp today, and then my browser crashed.

Comment

Lovely arties! You're doing great with PS lg.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, mane. It's basically a lot of trial and error. There are things I still don't like....but I'm getting used to it.

And, oddly, my sig was much sharper before I uploaded it.

Comment

Working...
                                X