• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No challenge-entry. I only needed some new WPs for my cell:

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Gorgeous arts from last week

lg: Love the set!

Sci: Love the icons! Especially the Doctor Who ones

Hyn: Awesome arts!

I made this while trying to get my mind to cooperate to make 40-47 icons which it doesn't want to do

sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
        Gasp...Those are wonderful.Really, Really. My cell is quite lucky to have the photo of my dog...

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
        Gorgeous arts from last week

lg: Love the set!

Sci: Love the icons! Especially the Doctor Who ones

Hyn: Awesome arts!

I made this while trying to get my mind to cooperate to make 40-47 icons which it doesn't want to do

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...43478-yami.jpg
        THOR! Squeeee! Thor! *severe fangirl attack*

Gorgeous! I'm streching my imagination to get seven... 40 is an overdose!
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks, yamii and JW!
          JW, well, I tried with a pic of Jules (my cat) but ... don't know. After I got my new cell last year I began to make WPs, and I'm also using them for some callers, because I still haven't figured out how to download and install some cool sounds instead of that boring stuff that's already installed. Well, it makes it a little personal - and I like the reactions of people looking (more or less) accidently on my screen
          yamii, good luck with the icons! The Thor-banner is gorgeous!

Twitter-challenge with a friend - I think I won as I was retweeted from one of the actors *giggles*:

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Thanks, yamii and JW!
            JW, well, I tried with a pic of Jules (my cat) but ... don't know. After I got my new cell last year I began to make WPs, and I'm also using them for some callers, because I still haven't figured out how to download and install some cool sounds instead of that boring stuff that's already installed. Well, it makes it a little personal - and I like the reactions of people looking (more or less) accidently on my screen
            yamii, good luck with the icons! The Thor-banner is gorgeous!

Twitter-challenge with a friend - I think I won as I was retweeted from one of the actors *giggles*:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac88/Hyndara71/fanart/th_fightoftheyear_zpsb6e238aa.jpg
            Congrats! That is amazing!
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Sci, Hyn, yamii, great arties guys!

yamii: How did you achieve that 3D effect in your text? It's ultra cool!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              Gotcha... sounds good to me and thanks hun.
              Uh...you're welcome? Not sure what you're thanking me for.

How ya doing?
              I'm okay.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              Thanks, RiG.
              Welcome.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Definitely! I'm watching Andromeda and my favorite character is Harper. There's just one exception, since I can't stand McKay (sorry RiG!) and I'm always tempted to tell him to go suck a lemon...
              No worries. To each her own, eh?

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              McKay suffered of over exposing ( I don't mean being naked, yuck! Sorry, David) himself. I just mean we had too much McKay time.
              And that was just fine my me. Sorry JW. Though I do think it would have been fair to give the other characters the limelight more often.

Now, the icons : that's an interesting challenge: I think I already have two down, now for the other five...*brain melts*
              I already have 3 done. "Past" is giving me trouble.

EDIT: Never mind, I just got an idea for "past"
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

RiG: that is likely a layer style. Type your message in whatever font you like, then select layer styles>bevel and emboss. You can get a lot of really cool premade styles to make fonts very special try this link or here
                Last edited by Nolamom; 23 February 2013, 01:36 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Just a possible stupid question ... includes "Faceless" also the front of skulls?

EDIT:
                  Found another inspiration
                  Last edited by Hyndara71; 23 February 2013, 02:37 PM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                    Oh, I love them all...And Doctor Who. How clever!!!! ( still on season 6...I have to catch up). Love your solutions for Yellow and Past. I'm still struggling with Past and Crop. I'll come up with something...I think.
                    Thank you so much hun... and I totally forgot you haven't seen it yet So sorry hun.

Past was hard, but when you got a show that does time traveling... there are some ep that make it a bit easier. Cropping for me is a bit easier. Pic a person/persons you like and find a section you want to keep. Could be any body part.... like an arm, leg, eyes. As for the yellow, I couldn't resist. Those fall leaves where calling for attention.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Lovely work, sci!
                    Thanks Josi.

Nice hun and great job on your twitter challenge.

Thank you Yamii... and Awesome Thor sig... Thud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      Sci, Hyn, yamii, great arties guys!

Uh...you're welcome? Not sure what you're thanking me for.
                      Thanks hun. Because you helped me with what to do with the prompt Past. Was totally blanking

Comment

I guess I should share what I've been rather busy with this past week or so. I've long been fascinated with the possibility of using PS as a tool to convert photos to sketches akin to that in a graphic novel. Obviously PS isn't the best tool for it and seeing as I can't draw (at all!), I used a series of steps in PS to get the sketch effect (something that also resembles Illustrator's live trace function), though admittedly it's not as sharp as I'd like it to be. So the best I could come up with is this:

I added the speech bubbles and got the right font for it to look more like a comic than a photo. In order to save time, I made the steps into an action that I can easily apply to all images. Essentially, I've been using these steps to make a 'graphic novel' of sorts for the Sam/Jack pairing that I'd share when ready.

If anyone's interested in this series of steps, let me know and I'll write it up.
                        Last edited by Ikorni; 23 February 2013, 04:36 PM.
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

JW: Thanks! Trust me, I have everything I need but my mind won't cooperate.

Hyn: Thanks!

RIG: Thanks! It's just what Nola said, all I did was make the bevel style Outer Bevel and left everything else default.

Sci: Thanks!

Ikorni: Awesome!
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Ikorni - have you tried this?

before

after

Spoiler:
                            1. isolate your figure on a separate layer (I use the pen tool, but you can copy the layer and erase if you like)
                            2. copy the figure layer
                            3. on layer styles, select stroke - set it to whatever pixel width looks good.
                            4. on that same layer go to filter>render>halftone paper, set to luminosity 100%
                            5. go to your background layer and filter>blur>box blur ---get it nice and blurry
                            that's it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Nola, never seen this method. I should try this!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

That's what I love about PS - there are always a half-dozen ways to do something
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X