Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you watching the FINAL Harry Potter red carpet premiere? (Live online)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    At least with the Harry potter stuff we get solid continuity.

Here's the kind of thing I mean. Long before Episode 1 I read somewhere that it was the Mandalorians who were created by The Emperor in order to hunt down and kill the Jedi, not kill them all in one huge ambush.

Plus there are some mistakes between the two trilogies. For example, Leia states she remembers her real mother but only very briefly. Her real mother is Padme Amidala. However, Padme died in childbirth, so if that line is true then that means she can only remember her mother, the wife of the senator who adopted her.

Plus, not to mention the age thing of Kenobi.

And where was Anakin flying a spice freighter????

Plus a few other mistakes like that.

Such as the Clone Wars were between different groups of Clones, not one giant army fighting to keep the Republic intact.

Most movie vs movie contradictions can be easily explained away. Leia for example could remember the woman we saw with Bail in Episode III. She at some point dies, Bail remarries so when Luke says "your real mother" she isn't remembering Padme but Bail's wife in III. Bail's canon would dismiss this as I don't believe he remarried or his wife died or left him.

The Spice Freighter thing was a lie, as Obi-Wan says "That's what your uncle told you. I was a Jedi Knight, like your father". However this still adds another contradiction as he also says Lars thought Anakin should stay at home and not gotten involved in the war (the war hadn't started yet, so why stay at home and he was Jedi, it's his job to get involved) but this could also be explained as an opinion Lars expressed when given they took in Luke.

Stuff like Clone Wars being changed to a war, or origin of the Mandalorian is exactly why the Star Wars canon clean up is being done. Too much stuff was done, and while later stuff did try to fit in, some stuff still doesn't because there was no one around at the time who actually cared (beyond cashing their cheque) since they were doing so well.

Potter is a different situation. It has a solid continuity, yet the background info to the Potterverse could still be used to create a new project (movie, game, tv series, whatever) that doesn't involve JK having to write anything. As a result, this new project could be tacked onto the movie so rather than the books having a new game/movie/whatever, it's the movie that is being spunoff. The integrity of the books remain untouched, but fans have a new project to look forward to. Marvel and DC does it all the time. If something is released and fans don't like the change, it's retconned to have taken place on a parallel Earth rather than the main one. Same thing applies. If a new movie is done and sucks monumetal ass, the books remain clean because it's a movie spinoff.

sigpic

Comment

Most movie vs movie contradictions can be easily explained away.
      Yes they can, but this is usually explained away by fans.

At least for me, the only real explanations that count are from the official writers and creators of the or a show.

The problem is each fan thinks they and only they have the "correct" explanations of the continuity problems. And each fan has a different creative take on the show.

And I don't mind different creative takes, for the most part.

Comment

No. The film isn't out untill next week, is it?

Comment

Working...
        X