The GateWorld Cantina MKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    and now Jel is wrong. He used to be right, often. It is so sad when the mighty have fallen.
    Or you are just denying what you do not want to hear. How Foley of you
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      My cat is home from the vet..

She broke her back
      Yep, that's what it sounded like when you described her symptoms. Is she going to be okay?
      sigpic

Comment

If not, I can fire up the grill
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep, that's what it sounded like when you described her symptoms. Is she going to be okay?
          She will never be able to move her tail..

She's incontinent because of the nerve damage caused by the break, but that could get better in the next few weeks..

Comment

If you can't move your tail then what is the point of living?
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              If you can't move your tail then what is the point of living?
              Indeed

Comment

I hope so. I had a little Yorkie that was attacked by the neighbor's dog. He was paralyzed with no chance of recovery. We had to put him down. Still makes me sad to think of it. And it was 19 years ago.
                sigpic

Comment

If the break had been any further forward she could have lost the use of her back legs.. But they seem to be ok..

Comment

Is there any particular reason why some people become crazy attached to their pets? I mean, it's one thing to love them and be sadden by their loss, but some go way further than that to the point where it's hard to distinguish a love for a pet vs for a child.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

crazy to you perhaps, but not necessarily to them. What if they have no one who loves and accepts them, unconditionally? I could see someone, such as a single person, having that sort of relationship with their pet.
                      sigpic

Comment

crazy to you perhaps, but not necessarily to them. What if they have no one who loves and accepts them, unconditionally? I could see someone, such as a single person, having that sort of relationship with their pet.
                        A surrogate for someone? That could probably do it. But I don't hear about it as much in developing countries. It seems to be much more prominent here in the USA than in say, Jamaica.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

do you necessarily hear about Jamaica and the minor idiosyncrasies of their population. I wouldn't call it a big problem here either.
                          sigpic

Comment

That is because developing countries have more pressing matters to care about. Countries that are stable like the US do not have to worry about food and shelter to the extent developing countries do
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              Is there any particular reason why some people become crazy attached to their pets? I mean, it's one thing to love them and be sadden by their loss, but some go way further than that to the point where it's hard to distinguish a love for a pet vs for a child.
                              Taking my cat to the vet because she broke her back is "crazy attached"?

Not everything has to be the start of a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                Taking my cat to the vet because she broke her back is "crazy attached"?

Not everything has to be the start of a debate.
                                Yes it does.

*starts debate of debating*
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X