This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Gatefan speaks Falconese -- I don't have a single problem with him answering in my stead.
    In all seriousness, you should make sure we are on the same page.
    Yes, we are 99% of the time in agreement (if not delivery) on most issues, and I appreciate your faith in my comments, but don't let anyone speak for you carte blanche.
    I actually respect you too much to allow you to do that.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      How low can these people go?
      People have been asking that for a while now, and there's no bottom in sight.

Comment

A lot of people wonder why the U.S. is so heavily polarized as of late.
        I ran across this article this afternoon, and there's a paragraph in the middle which is relevant.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/o...ref=collection

Back in the 1990s, there was an unconscious abundance mind-set. Democratic capitalism provides the bounty. Prejudice gradually fades away. Growth and dynamism are our friends. The abundance mind-set is confident in the future, welcoming toward others. It sees win-win situations everywhere.

Today, after the financial crisis, the shrinking of the middle class, the partisan warfare, a scarcity mind-set is dominant: Resources are limited. The world is dangerous. Group conflict is inevitable. It’s us versus them. If they win, we’re ruined, therefore, let’s stick with our tribe. The ends justify the means.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          A lot of people wonder why the U.S. is so heavily polarized as of late.
          I think it's been polarized for a long long time, but it hasn't been visible in the past decades because of abundance (as you quoted) but also because of fear (e.g. Cold War).

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            In all seriousness, you should make sure we are on the same page.
            Yes, we are 99% of the time in agreement (if not delivery) on most issues, and I appreciate your faith in my comments, but don't let anyone speak for you carte blanche.
            I actually respect you too much to allow you to do that.
            Don't worry, I check...

You just word it better when I let you run first.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Don't worry, I check...

You just word it better when I let you run first.
              I tend to be a little more.......... brutal than you
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                I tend to be a little more.......... brutal than you
                Well... that makes me a little more diplomatic then.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well... that makes me a little more diplomatic then.
                  It does, I tend to use a hammer, but that should not be a surprise
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    I think it's been polarized for a long long time, but it hasn't been visible in the past decades because of abundance (as you quoted) but also because of fear (e.g. Cold War).
                    There have been differences and arguments for a very long time, but I don't think you can deny that the polarization level skyrocketed over the past 30 years or so.

Comment

There have been differences and arguments for a very long time, but I don't think you can deny that the polarization level skyrocketed over the past 30 years or so.
                      I would narrow that time frame to 20 years or so. However, I did see polarization skyrocket during the Obama administration. Friends that I had for decades and even family members came out of their racist closets. Their comments against President Obama never had anything to do with who he truly is or even the policies that he endorsed. They were upset because a black man was in office...plan and simple. I was thoroughly disgusted by humanity...and for the large part...I still am.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh yea, i agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I would narrow that time frame to 20 years or so. However, I did see polarization skyrocket during the Obama administration. Friends that I had for decades and even family members came out of their racist closets. Their comments against President Obama never had anything to do with who he truly is or even the policies that he endorsed. They were upset because a black man was in office...plan and simple. I was thoroughly disgusted by humanity...and for the large part...I still am.
                          Don't blame opposition to Obama on Racism. His policies and ideas provide more than enough reasons to oppose him at every opportunity. Or are you one of those who thinks "Obama is so good no one could dare oppose his policies, so it must be racism ?

Comment

Don't blame opposition to Obama on Racism. His policies and ideas provide more than enough reasons to oppose him at every opportunity. Or are you one of those who thinks "Obama is so good no one could dare oppose his policies, so it must be racism ?
                            hey your kind thinks "Trump & Bush jr were so good no one could dare oppose their policies, so it must be anarchism/terrorism/communism/antipatriotism/everyothersinism"

pot kettle etc.

Comment

No...I've said in previous posts (but you've ignored) that Obama wasn't perfect. Did I agree with everything he did while in office? No. Yet, I've seen the racism directed toward him. I've seen it from my own family and friends. Please don't read more into what I post that what I say.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                hey your kind thinks "Trump & Bush jr were so good no one could dare oppose their policies, so it must be anarchism/terrorism/communism/antipatriotism/everyothersinism"

pot kettle etc.
                                Amen...yet he reads things into my posts that aren't there and he ignores what I've said in the past.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X