This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
    From what I can observe as a foreigner, you have to be brain dead to vote for Romney. He's the dumbest politician I've ever seen to run for presidency.
    Dumbest in what sense?
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      Dumbest in what sense?
      He seems to be pretty thick when it comes to running a stable campaign.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        He seems to be pretty thick when it comes to running a stable campaign.
        I thought the idea was to run a successful campaign?
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I thought the idea was to run a successful campaign?
          Stability leads to success. His campaign has been marred with several indictments on his character, the latest being the 47% comment from Romney, and the 30% comment from Ryan.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            Stability leads to success. His campaign has been marred with several indictments on his character, the latest being the 47% comment from Romney, and the 30% comment from Ryan.
            Well first, a comment from Ryan cannot be an indictment on Romney's character.

Second, yes, those were stupid comments, but his campaign doesn't appear to have taken much actual damage from them. Counterintuitive perhaps, but that's what the polls demonstrate. More interestingly, while these comments set Romney up as an easy target during the one on one debate, Obama proved incapable of taking advantage of them. If I were Obama, I would have mentioned the 47% at least 47 times.

Comment

It was Romney who chose him as his replacement. It's just as much a reflection on Romney's character as Palin was to McCain. (Everyone thought he was senile.)

Second, yes, those were stupid comments, but his campaign doesn't appear to have taken much actual damage from them. Counterintuitive perhaps, but that's what the polls demonstrate. More interestingly, while these comments set Romney up as an easy target during the one on one debate, Obama proved incapable of taking advantage of them. If I were Obama, I would have mentioned the 47% at least 47 times.
              His campaign did show a dip in the polls before the debate, I believe.

I think Obama had the obligatory anniversary time with Michelle before the debate, if you know what I mean.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Basically three people have been imprisoned for something they said or something they wore. One was a kid making jokes online about the missing girl(s), one was a guy saying British soldiers should die etc. because of what's going on in the Middle East, and one was a guy wearing a t-shirt seemingly glorifying the shooting of police. I mean clearly they're idiots, but locking someone up for what they've done is a much greater disgrace. This is the sort of "moral crime" lunacy that we make fun of tin-pot Arab countries for. It's embarrassing.
                atta surprise...not :|
                Tony Bliar paved the way for a police state ~15 years ago

Comment

Not a very political thought, but perhaps considering the amount of "character assasination" directed towards Obama, he does not *personally* want to retaliate in the same way?
                  Seems a bit of a stretch, granted, but a thought.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I am thoroughly enjoying the spectacular meltdown of the Free Gaza Movement, the vipers' nest behind the 2010 "freedom flotilla" to Gaza. The most spectacular trainwreck in recent years, complete with approving retweets of authentic Nazi propaganda and crude attempts at lying their way out of the predicament. The smarter rats are fleeing the ship already and breathlessly denying all affiliation. The Free Gaza folks are even being disinvited from the new "flotilla".

Anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism waiting to get busted.

Edit- Iranian TV station Press TV was caught faking reports about casualties from US drone strikes in Somalia, killing over 1300 fictional people.
                    Last edited by Womble; 15 October 2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I am thoroughly enjoying the spectacular meltdown of the Free Gaza Movement, the vipers' nest behind the 2010 "freedom flotilla" to Gaza. The most spectacular trainwreck in recent years, complete with approving retweets of authentic Nazi propaganda and crude attempts at lying their way out of the predicament. The smarter rats are fleeing the ship already and breathlessly denying all affiliation. The Free Gaza folks are even being disinvited from the new "flotilla".

Edit- Iranian TV station Press TV was caught faking reports about casualties from US drone strikes in Somalia, killing over 1300 fictional people.
                      I'd argue whether or not anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism lite. I don't hate Jews, I just am disturbed by the idea that people want to kick people off land because some ancestors lived there 2000 years ago.
                      Last edited by lordofseas; 15 October 2012, 06:43 PM.

sigpic

Comment

@Womble, and any other Jewish folk here.

How is "anti-semitism" any worse than any other form of bigotry?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          @Womble, and any other Jewish folk here.

You mean, other than having a confirmed record of repeatedly serving as motivating cause for genocide throughout history?

Anti-Semitism isn't "worse" per se, but it is, without doubt, unique in many respects.

Comment

It really isn't, that's just the fallacy you console yourself with. It's why you resort to labelling all of the countless Jews that are against Zionism either as pathetic self-haters, or extremists who aren't really Jews at all. It's why you're desperately trying to tar anyone who is against the racist ideology of Zionism with the same brush as the nuttiest of anti-Semites out there who are also against it. It's like you're reading from a propaganda play-book.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              It isn't. It's ironically much like the bigotry toward Muslims we see in this very thread from posters who shall remain nameless.

Comment

You mean, other than having a confirmed record of repeatedly serving as motivating cause for genocide throughout history?
                                Cause, ya know, no other form of bigotry has a confirmed record for the same thing either........

Anti-Semitism isn't "worse" per se, but it is, without doubt, unique in many respects.
                                How so?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X