This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britta View Post
    Well I didn't vote for them either, though at least if they run the country into the ground I'll believe it wasn't on purpose.
    Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    I'm not so sure.. They do like budget cuts.. And closing things down..
    You need a Rhino Party like Canada
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      You need a Rhino Party like Canada
      Official Monster Raving Loony Party

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I still maintain that Fox is one of the worst. They're a putrescent cherry atop the urinal cake of political commentary.
        Whom do you prefer as a news source?

Comment

How can people do this?
          http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...ndow/29695895/
          NAVARRE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida woman has been arrested after authorities say she was spotted throwing kittens out her car window.

Santa Rosa County Sheriff's deputies say a witness reported seeing 39-year-old Veronica Gordon throwing four small kittens alongside a highway in Navarre on Friday. Authorities said Gordon confessed.

The kittens are believed to be 7-weeks old. Only one was recovered and was found in poor condition. That kitten was taken to a vet.
          If I had my way, they would do the exact same thing to her. Toss her out of a moving car's window, at the same speed she was traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            There is also the example of a minister in some town being fined for not performing a gay marriage that I posted here a week or two back. So you can bet your bottom dollar it's coming for Churches too.
            in that case won't they also have to make imams perform gay marriages in their mosques?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              How can people do this?
              http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...ndow/29695895/

If I had my way, they would do the exact same thing to her. Toss her out of a moving car's window, at the same speed she was traveling.
              Do you realize the irony of your statement
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                The real question is, which social justice cause is next on the list. Polygamy / polygyny is obviously next for legalization; there are virtually no arguments in support of same sex marriage that could not be advanced in support of plural marriage. I'm curious what the next step will be, though.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                But Mormons are already in polygamous marriages, are they not?
                Don't know about current day Mormons, but shortly after the "gay wedding approvals" made the headline news, sure enough, polygamy news came next. And Mormonism got mentioned in the article(s) as well.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Legalizing polygamy is a matter of time really. Consent is not a factor, and a whole bunch of religious and cultural groups can legitimately claim that state-enforced monogamy infringes on their rights to marry their desired number of consenting partners. Plus it could save taxpayer money; a whole lot of de-facto second and third wives of Muslim immigrants register as single mothers eligible for financial aid that comes with it. The only argument against plural marriage that's any kind of viable is that it could complicate property ownership somewhat, but that is merely a matter of drafting the right contract. I give it ten years, maybe less.
                Legalizing polygamy may happen less than that -- maybe within the next year or two?
                (Please see article to Montana {USA} polygamy lawsuit case below...)

The following article is almost identical to the CBS news one noted further below---
                "Polygamous trio vows lawsuit if Montana wedding license denied"

By Matt Volz, The Associated Press
                Published Thursday, July 2, 2015 8:53AM EDT

HELENA, Mont. -- A Montana man said Wednesday that he was inspired by last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage to apply for a marriage license so that he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier and his wives Victoria and Christine applied at the Yellowstone County Courthouse in Billings on Tuesday in an attempt to legitimize their polygamous marriage. Montana, like all 50 states, outlaws bigamy -- holding multiple marriage licenses -- but Collier said he plans to sue if the application is denied.

"It's about marriage equality," Collier told The Associated Press Wednesday. "You can't have this without polygamy."

County clerk officials initially denied Collier's application, then said they would consult with the county attorney's office before giving him a final answer, Collier said.

Yellowstone County chief civil litigator Kevin Gillen said he is reviewing Montana's bigamy laws and expected to send a formal response to Collier by next week...

{please refer to above link to access complete article}
                -------------

---- and this next article, which reinforces the above article ----

(Please note: the following CBS article has an automatic video that starts up upon viewing web page. Will need to turn video's autoplay to OFF to prevent auto start up)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/polygamo...dding-license/
                "Montana man seeks license for second wife"

CBS News/APJuly 1, 2015, 5:48 PM, Last Updated Jul 1, 2015 10:44 PM EDT
                So, the guy wants to sue if he doesn't get his way. News to be followed up after next week?
                Pretty much, if multiple marriages gets passed as law, it will make it much easier for Sharia Law to be enforced in the USA. Eventually, one version (USA law) or the other (Sharia Law) will take over the entire nation. That situation is looking to occur sooner, than later.

Oh, and if polygamy marriage laws get passed as acceptable "law of the land," it's been rumored that pedophilia marriages will be the next *acceptable* law(s) to be passed, since Islam allows marriages to children under the ages of ten and even into toddler ages (as in sometimes being forced marriage contracts).
                Yup, back to the dark ages of marrying the kids off young to older guys. In that sort of situation, it will be acceptable to 21 year olds to marry 13 year olds and younger, or 35 year old teachers to wed their teenage and younger students. Wonder what the outcries will be from those who have been prosecuted, fined, and/or imprisoned over the years for doing such things. Will they sue for freedom rights, too or what?

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                in that case won't they also have to make imams perform gay marriages in their mosques?
                If the Islamic State takes over more of the world, there might not be any gay marriages, unless such things end up done in secret. If that happens, will the gays start screaming discrimination all over again?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

If the Islamic State takes over more of the world, there might not be any gay marriages, unless such things end up done in secret. If that happens, will the gays start screaming discrimination all over again?

Well the world should get its **** together and eliminate them. NOW I don't want no stinking terrorists in charge.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Well the world should get its **** together and eliminate them. NOW I don't want no stinking terrorists in charge.
                    Have you met the government?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I admit bias in this area. My hatred for the Republican Party eclipses my hatred for the Democrats by several orders of magnitude. I'm not even American, so why do I care so much?
                      Now THAT is a question worth pondering, because it touches on worldview-shaping matters, and the answer is bound to be unflattering. So let's pursue it.

Why DO you hate the Republican party so much when you're not even American?
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Have you met the government?

No but I bet they're crooked

Comment

Then you missed the point
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Then you missed the point
                            That the government can act like terrorists. No I didn't miss that.

Comment

Not act like. Are. They cause fear in me everytime I turn on the TV to see their stupidity.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                Yes!
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X