• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like every other developed country. We must all be anti-science
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      That sounds like every other developed country. We must all be anti-science

Well supporting mining and pollution industries and denying climate change. I'd call that kind of anti science.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

No it doesn't. Its called politics. Big companies taking advantage of the people
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Just as much as the "Big Political" side of the spectrum does.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Well if it helps we have now got a govt. that is pretty much anti science here in Australia
            Our Gov is not anti-science. It's anti responsibility.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Are you sure its not just anti Vegemite Sandwich?
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

So its a government.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  So its a government.

Thus its the Sandwich Logic Rules!
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

In what way?

Abbott rules out renewable energy the CSIRO where innovations were born, and a whole bunch of other stuff. And why associate yourself with the likes of Monkton and Co. ??????????

Doesn't he know that man is a fool?

Comment

I'd like in an ideal world to see the end of big corporations.

Why should they have, or even need to have political power or pull of any kind? Why?

Oh and governments around the world should tax them more and close tax loopholes and stuff.

And abolish negative gearing. It's a con. In Australia it's used to avoid tax as well as off shoring money.

But not a single government on Earth could fix that. They don't have the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        I'd like in an ideal world to see the end of big corporations.

Why should they have, or even need to have political power or pull of any kind? Why?

Oh and governments around the world should tax them more and close tax loopholes and stuff.

And abolish negative gearing. It's a con. In Australia it's used to avoid tax as well as off shoring money.

But not a single government on Earth could fix that. They don't have the balls.
                        I don't tend to believe that corporations should get taxed more unless they're big polluters. Sure, to be honest there's nothing wrong with a little tax rise here and there, but at the end of the day, the less a corporation has to pay in tax, the more money they have to throw around to employ more people.

Having said that, I think that there should be an understanding that if a corporation is making shed load of profit, that does need to be used to either help expand and create more jobs, or to give back to its range of employees (The lower ranks, not the higher ups).

Also I should point out that while I don't think a corporation should be taxed much more, I don't necessarily mean the same for the personal wealth of the guys at the top floor.

Of course you're right on the loops holes, and naturally the notion of a corporation having any kind of political pull is something that should be stamped right out.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This is going back a few pages. Hope I got all of these quoted refs correct.. sifting thru the more applicable stuff was a tad challenging.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          And then you post to another thread and you seem to have taken a quote along that you'd forgotten about.
                          Not really. I included it to reinforce the point that was being previously made.

Are the people who have themselves nailed to the cross over Easter on drugs?

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          Yes, and also sacrilegious as well.
                          (sacrilegious = offensive or blasphemous in God's POV.. deeds done that are basically frowned upon by God..?)

At least where I grew up in the USA, remembering the crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth was done via "the stations of the cross" -- meaning standing by a painting inside the church, and reading/blessing the scriptures pertaining to that particular moment in time. It was a time of reflection and No one gets hurt or injured in the process of reading the (Bible) passages.

I never heard of people nailing or hanging themselves onto crosses nowadays until a decade ago. It goes beyond my comprehension of why anyone would do such a thing. Jesus did not say to "go get crucified in remembrance of me (himself)" but he did say that
                          IF people become persecuted and (implied) put to death--by an unbelieving culture, governing system or society, it will be because of him
                          (See John 15:18-21).

In other words, persecution and crucifixion is caused by the non-believer (of Jesus as the one and only Christ) causing the event to occur, not to the believer doing it to their own self. I know there has been a history within the Catholic Church during the inquisition eras to deliberately punish or be physically beaten out of guilt from having a "sin nature", but that practice was supposed to have been stopped when the inquisitions were stopped and protestantism became more popular.
                          Apparently, some of the Catholics never got that (implied) memo...

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          I've mentioned it in the past, but will tackle the issue of Christianity blurring out later.

Move that to the religious thread then, cause we're skirting the fine line between on topic and off topic for a while now.
                          Since the already established religion topics were closed or ventured off into other areas, I am posting answers to this into the earth's future prophecies" topic instead; because in a round-about way, it does sort of fit (prophetic in nature).

EDIT-- just in case anyone else wants (or wanted) to know--
                          here is a direct link to the specific post, noted above, rather than go to page 1 of the entire topic
                          for "Tracking Earth's Future Prophecies with Current Events"
                          Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          as per requested. Below subject moved--it's here because it is prophetic in nature (described in the Bible...). So....
                          I didn't post this before, because I didn't have it typed up yet! (apologies.. but I was trying to figure out which post to write first -- this one or that..)
                          Last edited by SGalisa; 18 May 2014, 02:10 PM. Reason: added link to other topic/specific post

Comment

What prophecies thread???????? Link please?

EDIT: Never mind found it added my 2cents worth.......

Over in Australia we pay our pollies stupid amounts of money and no matter what government we get we seem to get the opposite to what the people want. Like the current government. Determined to push ideology instead of good policy and they confected a "budget emergency" when there is nothing wrong with the country's budget condition. Liars...

Our government is also envious of the Tea Party which I find disturbing...
                            Last edited by Coco Pops; 17 May 2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Elections coming next weekend (Federal and regional, and European) -- and not looking forward to it. The party that's probably gonna win, will take Belgium down a rabbithole I don't want to follow them into.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Look on the Brightside. In my land no matter what party gets elected they will take me down a path I don't want
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X