This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    You cannot drill oil and be green. Or, rather, there will be little net gain for the environment. There's no such thing as clean coal, or clean oil.

Lying is not illegal, save for perjury and defamation and stuff like that. Rape and murder are. If someone commits a rape or murder, they should go to jail, where they cannot be politicians.
    Yes, you can drill more "green". You can regulate what type of equiptment and how you do it. This is what Obama is claiming to do while he takes credit for drilling in areas that he has no jurisdiction over.

It is my country. It is called Perjury. We make our Politcians all take oaths.
    Posting at.............
    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

To be fair, that's not the worst extramarital affair a leading member of the Likud party has gotten into. *points to Katsav*
      That wasn't an affair. Sexual harrassment is not the same as cheating on one's wife.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
        Yes, you can drill more "green". You can regulate what type of equiptment and how you do it. This is what Obama is claiming to do while he takes credit for drilling in areas that he has no jurisdiction over.

It is my country. It is called Perjury. We make our Politcians all take oaths.
        Note that I bothered to mention perjury. You may have quoted it.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        That wasn't an affair. Sexual harrassment is not the same as cheating on one's wife.
        He was married at the time. So, he raped someone, and also cheated on his wife.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Of all the things I care about when it comes to politicians, who they're sleeping with is probably at the very bottom of the list.
          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Anyways, politics:

Canada closes Iranian embassy and expels Iranian ambassadors, much to the glee of Netanyahu.

Well, as much as I feel distaste for Netanyahu and Harper, I think Iran is far worse.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

God bless Canada, the land of common sense.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                God bless Canada, the land of common sense.
                Can I just say that I like when we disagree?

sigpic

Comment

Well, as much as I feel distaste for Netanyahu and Harper, I think Iran is far worse.
                  Indeed.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Note that I bothered to mention perjury. You may have quoted it.

He was married at the time. So, he raped someone, and also cheated on his wife.
                    You said lying was not illegal. Lying under oath is perjury. We make our politicians all take oaths.
                    I think you can follow the path of logic there. You mentioned it, and I quoted it? LOL. You do not own the right to use the word perjury in a debate.
                    Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                      You said lying was not illegal. Lying under oath is perjury. We make our politicians all take oaths.
                      I think you can follow the path of logic there. You mentioned it, and I quoted it? LOL. You do not own the right to use the word perjury in a debate.
                      Ok. It seems that you don't wish to fully engage in this conversation. Thank you, I am done.

sigpic

Comment

Ok. It seems that you don't wish to fully engage in this conversation. Thank you, I am done.
                        Have a great day.
                        Happy Posting to you.
                        Last edited by Graybrew1; 07 September 2012, 06:02 PM.
                        Posting at.............

Comment

When politicians take the Oath of Office, they don't swear to tell the truth, do they? If not, then I don't see how they can commit prejury.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                            When politicians take the Oath of Office, they don't swear to tell the truth, do they? If not, then I don't see how they can commit prejury.
                            I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Only people on the stand can commit perjury, as it requires someone to swear a false oath, and lying under oath for the purposes of affecting the legal result.

sigpic

Comment

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Only people on the stand can commit perjury, as it requires someone to swear a false oath, and lying under oath for the purposes of affecting the legal result.
                              So in other words, unless a politician specifically takes an oath to tell the truth, simply the act of lying isn't prejury.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                                So in other words, unless a politician specifically takes an oath to tell the truth, simply the act of lying isn't prejury.
                                You are correct.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X