This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    some recovery.....not very many full time jobs left anymore...most people are working part time jobs that pay barely enough to pay the bills
    Are you talking about the EU, or US
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      True, that is ideal. But there are marked differences between how liberal and conservative justices read the Constitution. Conservatives are more apt to just read what's actually in the document, whereas liberals are more apt to try to create things which aren't there.
      No, Conservatives most certainly add to it. "Free Exercise" clause all of a sudden becomes "THE IS A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY!!!" and "A well regulated militia..." becomes get's deleted. Early courts did not recognize gun rights because they interpreted the 2nd amendment to mean what it says, about maintaining a state militia and the people's rights (that means the states) to have a militia with guns.

That's just two examples.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      some recovery.....not very many full time jobs left anymore...most people are working part time jobs that pay barely enough to pay the bills
      Part time jobs count as unemployment in the U-6 "real unemployment" rating.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
        Now ain't that the truth? But I like my interpretation better.

Thanks Coco Pops for clearing it up, all these acronyms really confuse me.

I actually liked your definition of WASP better. Makes sense too.

Meanwhile can someone explain why this is needed or is this more distraction?

Oh dear the keebler elf strikes again

Is this really an important issue to worry about?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-task-force-t/

And a nice funny gif to summarize this.

https://i.imgflip.com/2ezcd6.jpg
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

Meanwhile can someone explain why this is needed or is this more distraction?

Is this really an important issue to worry about?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-task-force-t/

And a nice funny gif to summarize this.

https://i.imgflip.com/2ezcd6.jpg
          Meme aside, it is a serious issue for some people. Some people like to use the power of govt to force people and businesses to perform services which their religion teaches is wrong.

The most well known example is the baker who was sued by a gay couple because he didn't want to violate the teachings of his religion by baking a cake for a gay wedding.

Comment

Meme aside, it is a serious issue for some people. Some people like to use the power of govt to force people and businesses to perform services which their religion teaches is wrong.

The most well known example is the baker who was sued by a gay couple because he didn't want to violate the teachings of his religion by baking a cake for a gay wedding.
            I would have gone for slavery, because it too was justified via religion and enforced by the state.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              I would have gone for slavery, because it too was justified via religion and enforced by the state.
              Not the same situation.
              In slavery, supported by the state, the state was forcing someone to be a slave; forcing an action the person did not want to do; becoming a slave.

In the case of the bakery, the state was again forcing the bakery owner to do something he didn't want to do. All he wanted was to be free to NOT do something according to the teachings of his faith.

So if you want a comparison to slavery, you could even look at it as the state was forcing the bakery into slavery.

Comment

Not the same situation.
                In slavery, supported by the state, the state was forcing someone to be a slave; forcing an action the person did not want to do; becoming a slave.

In the case of the bakery, the state was again forcing the bakery owner to do something he didn't want to do. All he wanted was to be free to NOT do something according to the teachings of his faith.

So if you want a comparison to slavery, you could even look at it as the state was forcing the bakery into slavery.
                You think there is a faith -teaching- people to be slaves? Oh, some do it, but not so brazenly.
                Even IF I accepted your closing statement in this mind melting convolution, what you are saying is, if I agree, it's OK, If I do not agree, it's wrong.
                Did you lean nothing from Toods points about the constitution and how willing conservatives are to ignore it if it suits them?
                sigpic

Comment

You think there is a faith -teaching- people to be slaves? Oh, some do it, but not so brazenly.
                  Even IF I accepted your closing statement in this mind melting convolution, what you are saying is, if I agree, it's OK, If I do not agree, it's wrong.
                  Did you lean nothing from Toods points about the constitution and how willing conservatives are to ignore it if it suits them?
                  I saw is post about "we are a christian nation". But I don't think the courts are saying that. In the recent case, they are saying that people can't use the courts to force people to act against the teachings of their religion. I never saw anything that said one has to worship any particular religion or any at all themselves.

Comment

I saw is post about "we are a christian nation". But I don't think the courts are saying that. In the recent case, they are saying that people can't use the courts to force people to act against the teachings of their religion. I never saw anything that said one has to worship any particular religion or any at all themselves.
                    But you are quite fine with outlawing abortion, a Christian moral teaching, via the courts.
                    This is laughable.
                    sigpic

Comment

But you are quite fine with outlawing abortion, a Christian moral teaching, via the courts.
                      This is laughable.
                      It's not uniquely Christian in any sense.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

This is laughable.
                        No, I consider abortion to be murder. Religion has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          It's not uniquely Christian in any sense.
                          I did not say uniquely, but who wants it more in the US?
                          No, I consider abortion to be murder. Religion has nothing to do with it.
                          But it does -in your case-, we have already seen that.
                          sigpic

Comment

And yet another tax cut...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/u...cuts-rich.html

Who exactly is benefiting from this?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              And yet another tax cut...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/u...cuts-rich.html

Who exactly is benefiting from this?
                              Who knew being rich could be a pre-existing condition?
                              sigpic

Comment

Who knew being rich could be a pre-existing condition?

But I thought they were trying to drain the swamp not fill it back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X