This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    The law is really quite simple. If you are not authorized to be in the county by citizenship, visa, or some other legal means, you are subject to deportation.
    What else do you need to know?
    Abortion is legal, doesn't stop you from complaining about it.
    What more do you need to know.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Abortion is legal, doesn't stop you from complaining about it.
      What more do you need to know.
      Utterly irrelevant. While I do class abortion as murder, and hope to see Roe v. Wade overturned, when have I ever suggested that the law be ignored and the procedure banned anyway?

Comment

Yes, wanting to break up families tends to get a strong reaction from people, unless you don't care, and if you don't care, why should anyone care what happens to you?
        If you put the law aside for a moment, what does your morality tell you is the right thing to do?
        As i have said before, though. We break families up all the time. Mom does drugs - bang, goes to jail.
        Dad does a dui, goes to jail. BOTH result in the family being broken up.

Are not US companies engaging in illegal behaviour by -hiring- illegals?
        Yes they are. ALL cause the laws we have on the books in regard TO that practice are not being ENFORCED>.

Comment

Utterly irrelevant. While I do class abortion as murder, and hope to see Roe v. Wade overturned, when have I ever suggested that the law be ignored and the procedure banned anyway?
          Absolutely relevant, you continue to want people to sit down and shut up when things contradict your flawed knowledge of the law.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            As i have said before, though. We break families up all the time. Mom does drugs - bang, goes to jail.
            Dad does a dui, goes to jail. BOTH result in the family being broken up.
            You failed to answer the question.
            Yes they are. ALL cause the laws we have on the books in regard TO that practice are not being ENFORCED>.
            Why do you think that is?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Oh, I completely forgot... Annoyed, I had to think of you yesterday when I was reading about the new Trumpcare that's coming. It's looking like you'll be in the "screwed"-category (again) -- I saw, premium rises up to 8000 dollar for people in your age range.
              Did he name it after himself or did someone else?
              Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

Thinking about this word lately: newspeak

Definiton:
                An official or semiofficial style of writing or saying one thing in the guise of its opposite, especially in order to serve a political or ideological cause while pretending to be objective, as in referring to “increased taxation” as “revenue enhancement.”
                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that. People who support illegal immigrants always want to "put the law aside".
                  I can understand that point of view, because its the only way your arguments have any merit whatsoever.

Such a pity we can't just ignore the law, isn't it? It's about damned time someone starts enforcing it.
                  tread carefully when making this argument, for just because something is legal doesn't necessarily make it right....GF rightfully brought up the fact that abortion is legal...doesn't make it right or just

"A human law has the character of law to the extent that it accords with right reason, and thus derives from the eternal law. Insofar as it falls short of right reason it is said to be an unjust law, and thus has not so much the nature of law as of a kind of violence." - St. Thomas Aquinas

"Authority does not derive its moral legitimacy from itself. It must not behave in a despotic manner, but must act for the common good as a 'moral force based on freedom and a sense of responsibility'" - Paragraph 1902 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    Trump"care" has fines for the poor that are paid to insurance companies. And a 30% increase for anyone who doesn't keep up with payments. It is a scheme to keep the poor poor and make the rich richer. There is no way you can say this is "just as bad" as the ACA.

He wants a system where everyone takes care of themselves If they can't afford to pay for treatment. Then too bad, they should suffer and die. It's what Jesus would want, right MG?

None of this social care nonsense. People should risk bankruptcy if they ever dare to get sick, right? That's how it works in civilised countries, right?

There is no reason for hospital bills to be in the hundreds of thousands except to punish the poor for thinking they have the same right to live as the rich. Or is it a way to teach the people to be strong and live with their life threatening conditions without complaining?

The Republicans want to kill the poor and the sick, as it is written in the Bible.

If they're using JC and the Crew to justify shutting down Planned Parenthood and keeping trans people out of the bathroom. Then why not use it to defend taking healthcare away from millions of people?
                    you assume much that is not in evidence as to my line of reasoning.....you do know what they say about assuming, right?

Comment

We have Political Speak over here.
                      "Your utilities are going up, you will be paying more for them. BUT IT IS A SAVING IN REAL TERMS"

Really? How do they work that out if we have to pay more?
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        We have Political Speak over here.
                        "Your utilities are going up, you will be paying more for them. BUT IT IS A SAVING IN REAL TERMS"

Really? How do they work that out if we have to pay more?
                        In NY state, there are 3 nuclear power plants from the 1960's that are nearing end-of-life. They have served well since their construction, but are too old.
                        The companies that own them want the state's ratepayers to pay millions in extra electricity costs, and the state's public utilities commission is ok'ing the deal. Their spokesrobots say it will lower costs, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          Trump"care" has fines for the poor that are paid to insurance companies. And a 30% increase for anyone who doesn't keep up with payments. It is a scheme to keep the poor poor and make the rich richer. There is no way you can say this is "just as bad" as the ACA.

He wants a system where everyone takes care of themselves If they can't afford to pay for treatment. Then too bad, they should suffer and die.
                          it's all about being Prolife

Comment

If you insist...
                            Ideally, the "birthers" will have been right, and it will come out that the LSoS was never a native US citizen to begin with, and this is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
                            Therefore, every single action he took while occupying the office of the President on fraudulent grounds us rolled back, and we revert to the the way things were in 2008.
                            Hey, don't ask the question if you don't want an answer.

Oh hell you're one of those.........

Trump started the Birther crap... Still waiting for proof.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              just kick out all the government-sponsored HMO's and health insurance that caused our healthcare costs to skyrocket in the first place....no 3rd parties between doctor and patient whatsoever...let payment arrangements be worked out directly between doctor and patient....with donation-sponsored non-profit private clinics that can take care of the truly indigent....which is pretty much what we had before all these 3rd party HMO's and health insurers came on the scene asking for government handouts
                              So, what amounts to a single payer system?
                              Dude, you must be pissed at republicans right now
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                tread carefully when making this argument, for just because something is legal doesn't necessarily make it right....GF rightfully brought up the fact that abortion is legal...doesn't make it right or just
                                Well, I am glad someone noticed. You went off on a tangent of where I was going, but you at least were aware of the comparison.
                                "A human law has the character of law to the extent that it accords with right reason, and thus derives from the eternal law. Insofar as it falls short of right reason it is said to be an unjust law, and thus has not so much the nature of law as of a kind of violence." - St. Thomas Aquinas
                                An interesting person to quote.

"Authority does not derive its moral legitimacy from itself. It must not behave in a despotic manner, but must act for the common good as a 'moral force based on freedom and a sense of responsibility'" - Paragraph 1902 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church
                                Given the actions of the Catholic church, who oftentimes imposed it's despotic will on people, I find that somewhat incongruous.

See, this is why I have no issues with Jesus, just churches.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X