What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray:
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (theatrical cut)
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Life After Flash
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Amazon Prime: Beverly Hills Cop III

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
          Blu-ray:
          Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (theatrical cut)
          Gotta ask. What's the difference between this one and the one on the videos?
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

River of No Return with Robert Mitchum and Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post

Gotta ask. What's the difference between this one and the one on the videos?
              Are you referring to the VHS copies? The one that was released on VHS, possibly the first DVD release (I can't be sure, I never saw that one), and '09 DVD and Blu-ray releases are the theatrical cut. The Director's cut, which was occasionally shown on TV and released on DVD in 2002 and Blu-ray in 2016 along with the theatrical version, had a few extended and/or different takes of certain scenes. Example: Kirk's inspection of engineering in the director's cut includes an exchange with Midshipman Preston in which we learn Preston is Scotty's nephew.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

DVD:
                The Duchess
                sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post

Are you referring to the VHS copies? The one that was released on VHS, possibly the first DVD release (I can't be sure, I never saw that one), and '09 DVD and Blu-ray releases are the theatrical cut. The Director's cut, which was occasionally shown on TV and released on DVD in 2002 and Blu-ray in 2016 along with the theatrical version, had a few extended and/or different takes of certain scenes. Example: Kirk's inspection of engineering in the director's cut includes an exchange with Midshipman Preston in which we learn Preston is Scotty's nephew.
                  I'm referring to the one you posted in post 9271. I know that when they showed them on TV, there were some scenes that weren't on the DVD's or in the Theater, such as the example you mentioned about Scotty's nephew. It was the same with the movie Dances With Wolves. There were scenes on the TV release that weren't in the theaters. For example, when Lt. Dunbar got to Fort Sedgewick and found the holes in the hillside, it showed on the TV version why they were there. In the theater, it didn't.

Comment

Dances With Wolves starring Kevin Costner and Mary McDonnell

Comment

mlk/fbi
                      Last edited by iiradned; 28 February 2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Blu-Ray: Oculus

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post

I'm referring to the one you posted in post 9271. I know that when they showed them on TV, there were some scenes that weren't on the DVD's or in the Theater, such as the example you mentioned about Scotty's nephew. It was the same with the movie Dances With Wolves. There were scenes on the TV release that weren't in the theaters. For example, when Lt. Dunbar got to Fort Sedgewick and found the holes in the hillside, it showed on the TV version why they were there. In the theater, it didn't.
                          I was trying to understand what one you were referring to by "the one on the videos". Those additional scenes were on the 2-disc DVD set that was released in 2002 (with the 90th Anniversary Paramount logo). The Blu-ray that was released in 2016 includes both versions.

I also have on DVD the extended version of Dances with Wolves that you mentioned.
                          sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Blu-ray:
                            Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
                            sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Caroline

Comment

Amazon Prime: Wrong Turn [2003 Movie]

Comment

Working...
                                X