This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask the mods

We used to have this thread over on delphi and it was a great way for newbies and regulars alike to get questions off their chests without having to open a separate thread for them. So if you have any questions regarding the forum here's your chance to ask them.

PS: although we do receive magic beans for our efforts here we do not know the answer to everything. This includes questions about colors... *g*

Originally posted by Feli
    PS: although we do receive magic beans for our efforts here we do not know the answer to everything. This includes questions about colors... *g*
    So I shouldn't ask about blue vs. green?

Hmm... can't think of any valid questions at the moment, although I would like to know if it's remotely feasible to add an "ignore thread" feature to the board or if I'm just gonna have to suffer without. *sniffle* *looks small and adorably pitiful*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      So I shouldn't ask about blue vs. green?

Hmm... can't think of any valid questions at the moment, although I would like to know if it's remotely feasible to add an "ignore thread" feature to the board or if I'm just gonna have to suffer without. *sniffle* *looks small and adorably pitiful*
      The answer is turquoise...to both questions!

Seriously though, sorry but 'ignore threads' is not an option for vbulletin as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
        Seriously though, sorry but 'ignore threads' is not an option for vbulletin as far as I know.
        *sigh* I didn't think so, but I was hoping if I looked cute and pitiful enough someone might try and do it for me anyway. I can be very Puss in Boots when it suits me. Except, y'know, female. And not a cat. Technically.

Comment

The nearest approximation to an 'ignore thread' feature is to use the 'subscribed thread' feature. That way all the threads you know you like will come up.

But then you'd need to trawl the rest of the board anyway to see if there are any new threads worth subscribing to, so you wouldn't be able to avoid seeing thread titles that annoy you or that you find spammy.

I know it's not the same as proper thread-ignore, it's just an idea someone had.

Madeleine

Comment

OK, I have another Q. When's David gonna get around to getting his site online? That "Coming soon" has been coming for a darn sight longer than just soon.

I also know there was something at one point about getting more smilies added to the basic set. Any more word on that, or was it never gonna happen to begin with?

Also, for modding purposes, what is considered spam? Other than the obvious fly-by "Hey, go here!" stuff.

And how come the Post Icon thing lies? "No icon" doesn't actually mean no icon, it means that piece of paper thingy. IT LIES!!

Comment

OK, I have another Q. When's David gonna get around to getting his site online? That "Coming soon" has been coming for a darn sight longer than just soon.
              I'll have to refer this one to David.

I also know there was something at one point about getting more smilies added to the basic set. Any more word on that, or was it never gonna happen to begin with?
              It is supposed to happen but lets give David and Darren a bit more time, RL sometimes has this awkward tendency to interfere at the most inopportune moments...

Also, for modding purposes, what is considered spam? Other than the obvious fly-by "Hey, go here!" stuff.
              There's no simple rule for that. When a mod's not sure what to classify as spam we take it to the mod folder and discuss it there.

And how come the Post Icon thing lies? "No icon" doesn't actually mean no icon, it means that piece of paper thingy. IT LIES!!
              Excellent question. I'll give you a Thor icon for that! *g*

Comment

Could we have place to put all the closed threads? I get tired of going along the seeing a closed thread. New comers could look and see what had been closed and not start a new thread on the subject without looking for one first (If it had more than one thread).

Comment

Redundant threads are going to happen no matter what. Some people simply start threads without looking. The open/closed status of similar threads doesn't make any difference- if folks don't see them, they don't know it's already been done.

And Feli, Davey's already been busy making all my demented little wishes come true. Probably only a matter of time before the smiley thing is addressed.

I'll have to think up more stuff.

Comment

what color are the laser beams that come out of shadowmaat's eyes when you insult luke?

whaaat? people are dying to know!

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Okay...I'll ask. What the heck happened to the Lowdown thread? A bunch of posts are repeated and now it's up to 367 posts?
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Triple your pleasure, triple your fun...

And the color of my laser beams is a closely guarded secret.

Comment

Gipsy already posted on the thread in question but I believe the duplicate posts on the Lowdown thread has been solved.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I've got a question.What is meant by the term "sticky" in regards to thread titles?
                            nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                              I've got a question.What is meant by the term "sticky" in regards to thread titles?
                              Oops,never mind.I just found the answer in the "Forum play zone".
                              nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Working...
                              X