This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! ROLF. Great!!
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Happy Easter to all.

Well as predicted a while back I had to give my computer a swift kick in the CPU then send it off to an expert. All seems to be well again fingers crossed.

It's taken me ages to catch up on all the posts seems like you've had lots of fun my daughter caught me laughing out loud and apparently I'm not a nutter just a sad git!

I've never had twinkies or peeps but tried my best to scoop the cream out of a tunnocks tea cake without disturbing the outer chocolate and chew the chocolate and jam off a jaffa cake and save the sponge bit for last.

Too much information?

Ok have a great Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post

snip

For ex., I've seen this unsigned cap posted often on the Ship thread and I can tell that it's mine (of course filenames can always be changed): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...vol-2_024W.jpg
        Hi Mala fans! (waves)

Squeeee! That's one terrific pic. Here are two more of Mala's great DPT's from that episode:

Those were the days, eh? And to think it all starts again on Friday. Just 10 more ep's and two movies.

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

*peeks into thread* *waves and does a quick jog through the thread*

The Vancouver Convention was great. It poured down rained the first 2 1/2 days I was there. Made the morning trip out to Capilano *really* fun... and the rain killed my umbrella which now absorbs moisture!

Capilano suspension bridge (although this particular pic doesn't do justice to the amount of rain we were experiencing!):
          Spoiler:

By the day I left it was gorgeous though - just north of Vancouver from the air:
          Spoiler:

Some other SG landmarks y'all should recognize:
          Spoiler:

And another two:
          Spoiler:

And lastly, some of the view from Stanley Park:
          Spoiler:

And it was very cool to see the *tall* mountains in Washington State in the distance.
          Spoiler:
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Yes, there was no Rick or Amanda at the convention, but it was still great to see so many SG actors. Got to meet Damian Kindler at the GW dinner - very fuzzy, warm, teddy bear of a man who's doing his darnedest to promote his new project - Sanctuary. Also got to meet so many other GW'ers too. LOL! And some I'd met at AT2; it was like hey- what're you doing over here?! Jynjyr - I'm sure we must have saw each other - where were you? I was in seat J16.

Am looking forward to Shore Leave in July. Just a few months now.

David DeLuise, who's definitely his Dad's son:
            Spoiler:

Garry Chalk, a wonderful man who definitely does *not* have a Russian accent:
            Spoiler:

Gosh, wonder who this little gray man is...
            Spoiler:

Cliff Simon, one of the sexier Goa'ulds (sans shirt for charity's sake):
            Spoiler:

And Cliff convinces Carmen Argenziano to shed his shirt too:
            Spoiler:

For the rest of the pix of the Vancouver con that I lightened and sized for webviewing (and there's about a hundred or so of them, including more of Cliff and Carmen and others):http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/

And for anyone who's interested in a Sam/Teal'c friendship fic “The Other Side of Paradise”: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3483318/1/

I started writing this early last year and finished it last fall, but it didn't get uploaded until now. I'd never written main character death and wanted to see how well I could deal with it in a fic, and no it's not Sam's, not Tea'lc's and by Paradise Lost Daniel's ascended, so... I know many of you might not read it because of that, but I wanted to put the link out there for anyone who might.

Many thanks to F.H. Bagpuss for having several look-sees at it while it was still in its infancy and to Strix varia for the final beta. (((Betas)))

Summary: Sam deals with the loss of a cherished teammate. Sam and Teal’c friendship fic. Set during and after S7’s Paradise Lost. The mature rating is for implied violence and a few curse words. Friendship, Angst, Drama, AU.
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

SS your pics are fabulous! I'm glad you all got to see and do so much out there. Thanks for posting.

sigpic
              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

hee-hee - Just 'peeping' in to say "Hi" and hope that eveyone had a happy Easter.

ShimmeringStar - Thanks for the report & piccys.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I have never been very fond of Twinkies (no chocolate) or peeps (yuck), personally. However, were Jack to offer his twinkie to try and change my mind, I would be willing to give it a try.

Love all the new smilies, Mala!!!
                  sigpic
                  ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Now, that's more like it... And was it Rune (or Anakin?) who was doing the spinal exam?
                    Well I was too focused on the fact he had FINGERED my SSCS sweatshirt IN THE BACK AND on the SLEEVE .... *TWICE* to think of the fact that my right hand rested on his HIP when my picture was taken....
                    Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                    ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                      Well I was too focused on the fact he had FINGERED my SSCS sweatshirt IN THE BACK AND on the SLEEVE .... *TWICE* to think of the fact that my right hand rested on his HIP when my picture was taken....
                      Don't you wish you had gone topless?
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                        Well.... There are only a few pros to several cons... The first being that it was the end of November in Britain.... Rick was hot but quite frankly, not me!!!
                        The second being that I think it would have been a big no-no in the organizers' eyes, but I might be wrong there
                        The third that -seriously- I wanted to show my support to SSCS to him... As did Rune, BTW, but I don't know what else she did to him in that photosession... The [lady] hussy is quite reckless when she sets her mind to it...
                        Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                        ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                          Well.... There are only a few pros to several cons... The first being that it was the end of November in Britain.... Rick was hot but quite frankly, not me!!!
                          The second being that I think it would have been a big no-no in the organizers' eyes, but I might be wrong there
                          The third that -seriously- I wanted to show my support to SSCS to him... As did Rune, BTW, but I don't know what else she did to him in that photosession... The [lady] hussy is quite reckless when she sets her mind to it...
                          As long as RDA made it out in one piece and wasn't too traumatized.
                          Spoiler:

What just happened??
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                            I know that you mean without a hat, Zoser. Those are sweet and innocent Mala Worlders you're talking about.

****Heaven only knows what they'd find to do with that hat!
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm sitting here waiting to hear from the carpet people so I can have my carpet installed ............ for the 3rd time. Remodeling nightmares abound.

RL is very stressful on its own right now without all the added stress of the remodeling. Reading through here is such a tension breaker.
                              sigpic

Comment

That was Saturday morning, I believe.
                                You know, I tried to get Bev to tell us more, but she couldn't remember much. Apparently she was in a drooling stupor, herself....

You know, it's like looking into a mirror when I see that smiley.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X