This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jafacakes View Post
    BIG, big New York, just wondering if there is one thing typically american that you think no visitor should leave without experiencing it
    I have never been to NY in the winter or around Christmas time. I have seen and heard though that the skating rink at Rockefeller Center is fun. The Radio City Music Hall's Chistmas extravaganza also gets a lot of raves.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, as I've explained my absence to some of you, sadly RL has taken over my fantasy life!! This means working very long hours to meet project deadlines before the holidays hit as well as attending to family matters (went to my son's university graduation ceremony last weekend - finally!!...)

So, a belated WELCOME to all the new faces and some not so new... And a big shout out to all (((MWers)))!!

Now I must go back and catch up with the antics of those COOGAMOOGA gals of Avalon....

See you all in a bit...
      sigpic

Comment

Since this pic from the Avalon 2006 web site has been reposted all over the net, I figure I might as well post it here, too (it's been tweaked just a little) for those MWers who don't wander around GW... There are a couple of others on their site as well, with promises of more to come http://www.avalon2006.co.uk/photographs.htm. All photographs are by John Goode.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Question from a lurker mainly. Are Rick's cheeks as rosey in real life as they seem to be on screen?
          Welcome to Mala's World, Hubble! Glad to see that you delurked - I'm just sorry that no one answered your question - yet!

So do one of you lucky lusty wenches want to tell us about Rick's RL cheeks? (the ones on his FACE!! Jynjyr, please control yourself! ) I've noticed when I'm scrubbing my screencaps of Jack, that sometimes the face make-up seems a bit heavy with the red. However, when I'm playing with real photos of Rick, his coloring is neutral/not rosey ...unless he's overheated and sweaty... *swoon*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post
            Well, as I've explained my absence to some of you, sadly RL has taken over my fantasy life!! This means working very long hours to meet project deadlines before the holidays hit as well as attending to family matters (went to my son's university graduation ceremony last weekend - finally!!...)

So, a belated WELCOME to all the new faces and some not so new... And a big shout out to all (((MWers)))!!

Now I must go back and catch up with the antics of those COOGAMOOGA gals of Avalon....

See you all in a bit...
            Congratulations!! to you and the young man!!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

OK...I'm still 3 pages behind...

Welcome back to Earth, sclaire99!! It sounds like you two had a great time! How BIG is that O'Neill's mug, btw?!?

Welcome back to MW, Anakin! Thanks for sharing your Avalon thoughts (such as they are... ) and the link to your report. Of course, you're always welcome to add more here, if you can recall more details... We all want more!!

Um, right, Rune? Just a gentle reminder to you that we're still awaiting your report...
              And, I might add that I. AM. BEING. VERY. VERY. PATIENT...

Welcome to Mala's World, Feli! Did Rune and Bev ever get you to say COOGAMOOGA?!? It's a must, you know! It'll really help release all those suppressed squees...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                *falls breathless onto sofa after marathon catching up*

It's so great to hear about all the con stuff - although all it does is make me sooooo jealous that I couldn't go RDA sounds like he's really cute and shyish in person.
                Was anyone over-fannish and freak him out? (ya know, other than Bev sneaking up to muss his hair )
                Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                hehehe If only I had!

I haven't heard of anyone doing anything to freak him out, thank goodness. At one point I was talking to Becky from the G4, and she did mention that they were keeping watch on a couple of people, just to be sure, but I don't think anything untoward happened. There was also a couple of nice security men discreetly hanging around in the background, although I think they were there because they knew that Rune was going!
                Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                Yeah, you know, that puzzled me a bit... I mean what's "a couple of security guards" in front of us gutter girls?....

The thing is that man is lucky WE behaved!!!
                Originally posted by Rune View Post
                Obviously you didn't spot the zats tucked into their socks, not that we weren't all tingly enough already of course *big honkin blissed out sigh*
                Yup. The security men had no chance if the Gutter Gals had made a charge for The Man!
                OK then, so which of one you lusty wenches left behind the secret MWer's plans for Avalon domination, hmmm?

sigpic

Comment

Welcome back to MW, Anakin! Thanks for sharing your Avalon thoughts (such as they are... ) and the link to your report. Of course, you're always welcome to add more here, if you can recall more details... We all want more!!
                  Well it's my pleasure, Mala... as for the report, I'm still waiting for an official confirmation so I won't spill the beans beofre I have it and it might be some time

*I know, I'm E.V.I.L.*
                  Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                  ............oo0oo............

Comment

OK then, so which of one you lusty wenches left behind the secret MWer's plans for Avalon domination, hmmm?

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know such a plan existed! *pokes Bev, and Rune* Why didn't you tell me?!
                    Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                    ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris View Post
                      ~(((Rune))) ~~~ (((Bev))) ~~~ (((Mala)))~

~(((hugs))) to all those reporting back from Avalon~

I almost feel like I was there. Without the seeing and touching and smelling! Next best thing for us poor deprived left behinders is hearing every little thing you can think of. * I'm not as good at begging as Critter.* I will be very patient in the interest of giving you time to do very thorough reports.
                      I'm sorry, but 'left behinders' just reminds me of that Family guy ad... which thankfully, I haven't seen today...

Yes, a big Thank You! again to all the Avalon attendees for sharing with us here in MW! To those of you who've offered your thanks to me, You're Welcome!

So, we've all heard about his eyes, his voice, his smell, his smile, and quite a few of you have yet to wash certain clothing or parts of your bodies because you've been touched by The Man...

But what I want to know is, what does it feel like to touch him back? And don't any of you think you can lie and say you didn't cop a feel...
                      Last edited by Mala50; 06 December 2006, 07:41 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune View Post
                        Ahhh shush, anyone would think we had traumatised you

I know Bev wants a banana split with lots of sauce, cream and sprinkles and of course nuts (and lets not forget the all important banana too)
                        Very eloquently said.

I wouldn't mind a bite of his cherry!

*bawdily laughs*
                        Oh, all this talk is making me hungry...and not for ice cream... Here's a silly pic for you silly gals...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                          I'd like to see RDA in a kilt.
                          Actually, we've gone down this path before... Some of you may have seen these a while ago...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                            Thanks! This is a nice place, not sure why I don't stop by more often. Well that's a lie, real life has been very busy lately but I need my time to thunk more right now to releave some of the stress. LOL Sorry you can't visit the Thunk Thread. I've been trying to do the thumbnail thng as have a few others to help out those on dial-up. Wish more would so people like you wouldn't have to stop visiting. Good to see you can have some fun here though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../Grace2031.jpg
                            Originally posted by sgt.siler View Post
                            Well I've changed my board settings to turn all graphics into links, but it does still take a while. The thunk thread is all graphics so I can't click all the links and know what's going on so I just stopped kidding myself. I can't keep up if I borrow someone else's computer later. I get plenty of The Man here so here is where I play.
                            I have to say, it's so nice to see some of the 'old' Gutter gals getting together again!

sigpic

Comment

Hello , guess everyone are still in shock from meeting the man , I had to dust Mala's world from the bottom of page 2
                              For the Americans here, I'll be going to the States for the first time tomorrow. Any tips ?
                              BIG, big New York, just wondering if there is one thing typically american that you think no visitor should leave without experiencing it
                              Oh, I'm sorry I missed you, jafacakes! I knew you were coming for a visit in December, but I didn't know the exact dates... If you see this message, PM or email me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                                I have never been to NY in the winter or around Christmas time. I have seen and heard though that the skating rink at Rockefeller Center is fun. The Radio City Music Hall's Chistmas extravaganza also gets a lot of raves.
                                Welcome to Mala's World, penjab!

Yes, Christmas time in NYC can be pretty magical. The skating rink and giant tree at Rockefeller Center are always fun. Take a walk down Fifth Ave. and look at the shops... Go to the top of the Empire State Building if you have the chance (beautiful views from the tallest building in NYC)... There are also plenty of great museums if you're looking for indoor activities... If you make your way downtown there's Soho, Tribeca, and the South St. Seaport... And that's just a few sites in Manhattan...

And of course, there's Trupi!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X