This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I just take anti histamenes for some things ie. hayfever, but I just steer clear of everything else.

Wish I was going to NYC, but I've never even been to the USA!!!

I've only ever been to England, France and Spain.
    Hi Suekay! I hope you're feeling better
    well, I'm jealous you've been to England, France and Spain, and I'd LOVE to come visit Scotland! Some of my absolute favourite books are set in Scotland.
    I'm not much for big cities, so I didn't expect to like NYC, so I was really suprised when I loved it (well, the one time I've been there ). I'm really looking forward to spending a few days there, visiting friends and exploring
    Last time I was there the friends who's place we stayed at gave us directions to take the subway to meet him at a restaurant. i didn't pay much attention to where we were, just the stops and line switches, so when we came above ground and found ourselves at the edge of Times Square it was quite the suprise! (and pretty surreal too ). Should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
      well, I'm jealous you've been to England, France and Spain, and I'd LOVE to come visit Scotland! Some of my absolute favourite books are set in Scotland.
      I'm not much for big cities, so I didn't expect to like NYC, so I was really suprised when I loved it (well, the one time I've been there ). I'm really looking forward to spending a few days there, visiting friends and exploring
      Last time I was there the friends who's place we stayed at gave us directions to take the subway to meet him at a restaurant. i didn't pay much attention to where we were, just the stops and line switches, so when we came above ground and found ourselves at the edge of Times Square it was quite the suprise! (and pretty surreal too ). Should be fun
      Thank you!!! I feel a lot better now. I had some bad news, but I've come to terms with it.
      I love everywhere! I'm a country girl as I live in a village, but I normally go to Glasgow at the weekend, so I have the best of both worlds!
      I've hada couple of friends who have visited New York, and they've all loved it. It's on my list of places to visit.
      I love to visit New Zealand, as everyone from New Zealand that I've met says that it's very like Scotland in it's looks and atmosphere.
      I've only ever been to five citys - Glasgow, Stirling, Girona, Barcelona and London (okay - I went to a service station on the outskirts.)

Speaking of the south of England. I wish I'd known everyone at GW when I got stranded at the Dover Ferry teminal a few years back - I could have visited Caty! The wheel-jack blew on our bus, and we had to wait at the terminal for four hours.

What cities have you been to?
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
        me too! I've been to a lot of the Eastern states in the US, but other than that only Canada and Panama. I really want to go to Europe! Should be going next summer!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I've never been to America or Canada, but I do have relatives in Toronto who I would really like to visit sometime in the near future...it's just a pity it's not closer to Vancouver!

I've been to a few places in Europe though - France, Denmark, Portugal, Malta, Slovenia & Croatia...mostly on football trips!!

Comment

I have been all over the US, I think there are about 5 States yet that I have to visit. I lived over in Germany for 4 years (Hubs was military) and I worked for a German company called Herta. I got to travel alot so I saw most of Germany, Belgium, Holland and parts of France and I was lucky enough to fly my mother over for two weeks as a Mother's Day gift and take her to Paris for a week and we ate and shopped. FUN was had by both Mother and daughter
            I would love to go back oveer to visit Scotland and Ireland
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi everyone. Just a friendly note from you mod here . Technically, all the threads in the off topic folder do pretty much what this one does - allow people to talk off topic.

Having a special, segregated thread exclusive to members of one single thread is not fair to everyone else. GateWorld is an all-inclusive, all type of fans welcome, kind of place. There are forums elsewhere that restrict to a particular fan type or way of posting. But here at GateWorld, we're a General forum, with a capital G.

However, we can also see why there's a need for a thread like this, as the Shippers thread is big enough already, and it gives people a place to just natter across time zones without cluttering up the Shipper thread.

So as to keep the thread within the Forum's ethos, and to allow you guys a place to play, I've renamed this thread just the Chatter Thread. That way it is open to everyone to join in and play, without segragating one particular group, as long as they don't make negative comments about S/J ship.

I think that's fair to everyone, and helps keep GateWorld one big happy family. I hope you all agree.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                Hi everyone. Just a friendly note from you mod here . Technically, all the threads in the off topic folder do pretty much what this one does - allow people to talk off topic.

Having a special, segregated thread exclusive to members of one single thread is not fair to everyone else. GateWorld is an all-inclusive, all type of fans welcome, kind of place. There are forums elsewhere that restrict to a particular fan type or way of posting. But here at GateWorld, we're a General forum, with a capital G.

However, we can also see why there's a need for a thread like this, as the Shippers thread is big enough already, and it gives people a place to just natter across time zones without cluttering up the Shipper thread.

So as to keep the thread within the Forum's ethos, and to allow you guys a place to play, I've renamed this thread just the Chatter Thread. That way it is open to everyone to join in and play, without segragating one particular group, as long as they don't make negative comments about S/J ship.

I think that's fair to everyone, and helps keep GateWorld one big happy family. I hope you all agree.
                Okay!

back to our nattering.

On my list of places to visit is the US, Canada (I want to live there when I'm older as I want to actually make some money in my lifetime!), New Zealand, Australia (I have relatives in Canberra and another place that I can't pronounce), Germany, Denmark, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Hong Kong,

Everywhere basically!

When I get my provisional drivers licence and I sit (and hopefully) pass my test, I'd love to drive round the whole of the UK and Ireland!
                sigpic

Comment

On my list of places to visit is the US, Canada (I want to live there when I'm older as I want to actually make some money in my lifetime!), New Zealand, Australia (I have relatives in Canberra and another place that I can't pronounce), Germany, Denmark, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Hong Kong,
                  Anything you want to know about New Zealand just ask, it's my home town And I can heartily recommend a visit. A lot of people got to Australia and never quite get to NZ, which is a shame as the two countries have no fauna or flora in common, and are very very different.

One of the other mods, Feli, is from Germany. I'm sure she could give you lots of tips on places to visit!

Get saving!
                  sigpic

Comment

When I get my provisional drivers licence and I sit (and hopefully) pass my test, I'd love to drive round the whole of the UK and Ireland!
                    Hey, if you need a tour guide....well, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to ask me, I get lost once I leave Dublin but if you've any questions about Dublin, please ask!!

I have to ask though - and this is to anyone & everyone - I've just started studying tourism, so I'm genuinely interested: why would someone come to holiday in Ireland? God knows it's not for the weather!!

Comment

Anything you want to know about New Zealand just ask, it's my home town And I can heartily recommend a visit. A lot of people got to Australia and never quite get to NZ, which is a shame as the two countries have no fauna or flora in common, and are very very different.

One of the other mods, Feli, is from Germany. I'm sure she could give you lots of tips on places to visit!

Get saving!
                      You KNOW I have to ask where in NZ you're from...... and how long have you been in the UK?
                      I'm from Christchurch myself, been slaving away in grad school in the US for 6 years.
                      er, yes, Oz and NZ are very, very, very...... different (after all, Australia is full of those dang Australians....) *hugs Australian GW-ers*

Comment

Well, I went to Hawaii earlier this month and here are some pix from my trip:

http://community.webshots.com/album/191337368AgcOtA

Two years ago I was in a theatrical tour and hit many states. We went as far Northeast as Massachusetts, as far Southeast as Miami, as far West as Texas and as far midwest as Iowa. Before that I'd been to Florida, San Francisco, Boston, Durham, Charleston, D.C. and New Orleans.

Abroad I've been to Egypt, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, France, London, Cancun, and the Caribbean. I'm really lucky I have a mom that loves to travel. We did without in other ways so we could go away and see the world. I studied abroad for a semester in Madrid while I was in college.

Going to Hawaii was a dream, now realized. I would love to go to India one day! Also, South Africa, Australia... and I hear New Zealand is nice.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Kiwigater - I'm from Wellington. I've lived in the UK for fifteen years now! I came over for my OE, and at the end of my two years I met my husband. Been here ever since, although I go home every chance I get. I've never been to Christchurch sad to say (yeah, I know, don't leave town till you've seen the country!). I would like to do a big tour of the south island one day. Problem is when I go home it is to see family and friends, and they're all in the north island!
                          sigpic

Comment

*sniff**sniff**sob* OK. But *sniff* we're still special, right? *sniff**sniff*
                            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                              Well, I went to Hawaii earlier this month and here are some pix from my trip:

http://community.webshots.com/album/191337368AgcOtA

snipped just a bit

ship sistah
                              Great pictures ship sistah. Never been to Hawaii myself but would love to one day.

Our vacations take us to Colorado (where I am from way back when) and Wyoming (because it is beautiful and the opposite of where we live now). It is so nice to get away and relax.

I've lived in Texas (God's county), Arizona (dust storms---YUK!), Maryland (hubs was stationed at Andrew AFB in our early days), Colorado (where I grew up and will probably go back to one day soon) and, of course, Virginia where we are now. Northern Virginia right close to Washington DC so we are pretty citified. It is really nice to get away.

Enough rambling....
                              Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                                Hey, if you need a tour guide....well, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to ask me, I get lost once I leave Dublin but if you've any questions about Dublin, please ask!!

I have to ask though - and this is to anyone & everyone - I've just started studying tourism, so I'm genuinely interested: why would someone come to holiday in Ireland? God knows it's not for the weather!!
                                I'd love to go for the scenery

Ehm

And maybe get drunk visitng my friend Honor and fall into the Liffey!

I'm such a lovely young lady aren't I!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X