X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    Where's that bloke SueKay?

I liked your dog too, (((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))))) please don't be offended.

I'm looking after the Not Boyfriend's cat while he's away, Marbles is her name. I used to have a little white cat called Phoebe but she got killed by a fox. My Mum is dog sitting two lurchers at the moment, so it's pet central.

When are you, me and Mishy going to meet up for that coffee?
    the 'Not Boyfriend'? whats that mean?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Ok. I will do.

To be honest, I've had a lot of stuff going on in my life at the moment. Most of it isn't very good and I don't really want to talk about it.
      The Ship thread's one of my few outlets for just ENJOYING myself, and I'm really quite hurt at some of the comments that I know have directed at me. I'm not looking for a sympathy vote - I'm just stating some facts.

I'm sorry if I've offended one.

I feel terrible. I sent someone a really snarky PM.
      Ah, tis all right now, though. I also find the ship thread to be a nice place to just relax, talk about Sam/Jack/anything else that might cheer me up. Life gets really hectic and really stressful, and the Shippers are a good bunch to hang out with online and decompress and distract ourselves from the real world. We all got off topic, but we have these boards for the purpose of enjoying ourselves. Discussions can be shifted into this thread, and we can continue to enjoy Sam/Jack in the other one. Actually, I kinda liked sifting through 10 pages a day, though, I'll have to admit. I like getting good things in large clumps, and I did enjoy reading the discussions. The Shipper Family is indeed a fun one to be a part of. I understand the positions of the ones who would prefer to cut rifraff, though, but we can now respect their opinions as well as our own with this new thread. And let's all just cool off and have fun.

Comment

i'm actually allergic to animals, so i don't have one. but the cat that lived next door used to come and give birth under my bed. she did it twice. i remember the second time, i was in the kitchen, the kittens were playing in the hall, and the cat came through the back door with an enormous raw steak in her mouth. she'd obviously nicked it off someone's table. she looked at me when she came in, as if she was saying 'uumm..right..this steak...ummm' and i just said 'i don't care where you got it, just feed the littens right now' and she trotted off happily. i swear that cat understood every last word i said.

i also have a completely disgusting story involving mine and my(ex)boyfriends hamsters (before i knew i was allergic)..but as it's completely gross and sick and gory, i'll leave it
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
          the 'Not Boyfriend'? whats that mean?
          Well we are like boyfriend and girlfriend (phone each other all the time, hang out, see each other) but aren't actually bf and gf, so in order to recognise he's not quite a friend or a bf I call him the Not Boyfriend.

but we need to have a chat soon...

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
            Ah, tis all right now, though. I also find the ship thread to be a nice place to just relax, talk about Sam/Jack/anything else that might cheer me up. Life gets really hectic and really stressful, and the Shippers are a good bunch to hang out with online and decompress and distract ourselves from the real world. We all got off topic, but we have these boards for the purpose of enjoying ourselves. Discussions can be shifted into this thread, and we can continue to enjoy Sam/Jack in the other one. Actually, I kinda liked sifting through 10 pages a day, though, I'll have to admit. I like getting good things in large clumps, and I did enjoy reading the discussions. The Shipper Family is indeed a fun one to be a part of. I understand the positions of the ones who would prefer to cut rifraff, though, but we can now respect their opinions as well as our own with this new thread. And let's all just cool off and have fun.
            I agree with aeromathelete here. No harm done. We've all ventured off topic from time to time....especially when we've been so upset with the lack of ship. I also agree with sueKay that the Ship Room is full of incredible people. So supportive and fun. But they are all still there and now we have a place to come and relax and chat with fellows as we wish. And you can be sure that everyone will be visiting here from time to time. There aren't many of us who can say we haven't ventured off topic a time or two. Sometimes it is just so fun to be with fun people.

I didn't mind sifting through all the posts either unless I was pressed for time. I do feel that a lot of good posts were skipped over by many due to the large number to get through...but I think that is what made it fun. It'll still be fun---we'll just have to make it so. I also think that there are some that only check the posts of certain others because of the relationships that have been formed. Nothing wrong with that either.

Chin up and a smile on our faces.
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
              Well we are like boyfriend and girlfriend (phone each other all the time, hang out, see each other) but aren't actually bf and gf, so in order to recognise he's not quite a friend or a bf I call him the Not Boyfriend.

but we need to have a chat soon...
              join the club! I have have one of those too...so does my 'bro' Mad_Gater...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                i'm actually allergic to animals, so i don't have one. but the cat that lived next door used to come and give birth under my bed. she did it twice. i remember the second time, i was in the kitchen, the kittens were playing in the hall, and the cat came through the back door with an enormous raw steak in her mouth. she'd obviously nicked it off someone's table. she looked at me when she came in, as if she was saying 'uumm..right..this steak...ummm' and i just said 'i don't care where you got it, just feed the littens right now' and she trotted off happily. i swear that cat understood every last word i said.
                lol, yes they do understand everything...

~Imzadi

Comment

I kinda prefered just talking in the shipper thread itself, but in here we can go totally OT without a problem...we'd never go on this much in there...so maybe this isn't a bad idea..

when I'm behind on the thread, I just skim...I don't bother with OT stuff (or even on topic stuff) if I'm not involved in the convo already

anyone else realize that On Topic and Off Topic...both OT? lol

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                    I kinda prefered just talking in the shipper thread itself, but in here we can go totally OT without a problem...we'd never go on this much in there...so maybe this isn't a bad idea..

when I'm behind on the thread, I just skim...I don't bother with OT stuff (or even on topic stuff) if I'm not involved in the convo already

anyone else realize that On Topic and Off Topic...both OT? lol
                    lol

I hadn't noticed that actually!
                    When I go on, I skim posts and miss out the OT stuff. I admit to posting some myself, but most is in response to OT posts.
                    When I try to make comments or points on Ship, my posts tend to get ignored.
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      lol

I hadn't noticed that actually!
                      When I go on, I skim posts and miss out the OT stuff. I admit to posting some myself, but most is in response to OT posts.
                      When I try to make comments or points on Ship, my posts tend to get ignored.

Suekay

I don't think your posts are ignored ...People read them ..but we can't quote and reply to them all...

....And carry on the good work

Caty

Comment

Oh hello....

I had no idea this thread was here until just a couple of minutes ago!

Comment

yeah .IT'S GREAT ..We can come here for all the OFF topic chats.

Caty

Comment

Somehow, the slowness of this thread compared to that of the actual shipper thread shows just how on-topic we are most of the time. Then again, it was Tame's birthday. LOL.

Now, we just have to find OT things to talk about in here. I noticed something about allergies. It's a start...

Comment

LOL I think things will slow done now in the Shipper Thread
                              Talk about being completely overwhelmed!!!! You all exceeded my wildest dreams of a Birthday I have been completely humbled by the amount of generosity the Shippers are willing to impart

And Allergies are the PITS!!! I never had any until I moved to Arizona....and then when they flare up I of course explain to the Doctor I am dying.....and he says..."Oh it is just allergies"........Me - "Ob Ob corb thb arb" Kilb meb nob pleb" ( that translates to "Oh of course they are, kill me now please")
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

And Allergies are the PITS!!!
                                ha, you should take that joke over to the shipper thread..allergic to pit (i know you weren't trying to make a joke, but i just sort of saw it, you know....i'll stop rambling now). and exactly how far do i have to go before i stop being a gou'ald underling? i thought i'd get out of it at 750, but noo, here i am, still underlingling, or whatever it is us underlings do.
                                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Working...
                                X