This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
    Hmm...the quiet here suggests we are all on topic somewhere else I suppose...

Anyone a Jonathan Rhys Meyers fan? I can't wait to see August Rush!

Intentional repost because there is just one word for that pic *thunk*
    I love him Kami I'm assuming you've seen the Tudors mini-series? Him in it is just......*thunk*

Banner by Stef
    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
      I love him Kami I'm assuming you've seen the Tudors mini-series? Him in it is just......*thunk*
      Damn I soo wanna watch the Tudors!!

I unfortunately didn't get to watch Ep5 yesterday so I'll be later with the play by play

Talk you you all laters!
      banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
        Let's Watch Farscape Together

Farscape Episode 5:
        Back and Back and Back to the Future

Let the discussion begin!! Remember to at least tell us:

1. Your favorite scene
        2. Your favorite picture/screen capture
        3. Your favorite quote (if any)

We can move discussions off of that. And remember that those three things are only starter questions to get you going...let's have fun and talk about everything we love (and maybe even hate) about this episode!!

We have 24 hours for this Episode. We will start Episode 6 tommorrow.
        I already mentioned i really don't like this ep. If it wasn't for my amusement at watching Aeryn and Zhaan watch John lose it, I would't watch this one ever again.

My thoughts:
        Spoiler:
        You know you are going to have a bad day when a green light sinks into your brain. If you are in an alien world you don't understand...take your mothers words of wisdom...touch nothing.

Matala...she looks evil. Why do they never see when people look evil?

John's vision thin of him getting violated. Okaaaay. Freaky deaky alien woman making freaky deaky pleasure noises with John...twisted and sick...nough said. Moving on.

Matala and Aeryn in the ship. That fighting stance!!! I can't get over the goofiness.

D'argo's big downfall in my opinion (for most of the series) is his willingness to be hostile toward those on Moya on the word of someone he feels is his friend. He attaches to someone and suddenly anyone who wants to talk some sense is the enemy.

In the end D'argo has a broken heart and after his attitude in this ep...I don't really care.

Meh...next ep

Farscape fact from the Starbusrt Edition:
        Ben and Claudia list it as one of their favorite early eps.

Favorite Scene Anything with Aeryn, Zhaan and John talking. Aeryn and Zhaan have some remarks on John's weird behavior that I love.

Favorite Quote
        John: I'm gonna get some air.
        Aeryn: We have air in here. What is wrong with him?
        Zhaan: He is Crichton.

Favorite Cap

I wish! I fell in love with him in Vanity Fair. Unfortunatly we don't have the channel the Tudors is on. And I am a Tudor freak! I used to know everything I could about all of them. My mind has grown rusty on thst a bit, but I would still love to see it.
        sigpic
        by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
          Damn I soo wanna watch the Tudors!!

I unfortunately didn't get to watch Ep5 yesterday so I'll be later with the play by play

Talk you you all laters!
          Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post

I wish! I fell in love with him in Vanity Fair. Unfortunatly we don't have the channel the Tudors is on. And I am a Tudor freak! I used to know everything I could about all of them. My mind has grown rusty on thst a bit, but I would still love to see it.
          He's in Vanity Fair? So need to watch it. Actually I haven the Tudor series on on dvd somewhere. It is awesome.

Banner by Stef
          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

He's in Vanity Fair? So need to watch it. Actually I haven the Tudor series on on dvd somewhere. It is awesome.
            Yeah! I NEED to get that series
            banner by Stef

Comment

Well I obtained mine from a friend who got it through *ahem* other means and made it a dvd

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Well I obtained mine from a friend who got it through *ahem* other means and made it a dvd
                *giggles* I see! Hmmm, must look into that.
                banner by Stef

Comment

SGA, The Seer:

Spoiler:

All in all a pretty meh episode in my opinion. The only bits I really liked were the John and Rodney conversation about the consequences of activating the 'attach Wraith' program. Also the Wraith Humour bit actually had me laughing out load. Woosely - eh. Teyla - just tell them! Keller - so so, it was only when she question if they were going to help him OR study him that I felt any real emotion towards her. Well put, Keller. Sam - sorry but except for the bit with the Wraith you were lost to me too. Ronon - they give Teyla the minutes they take from you. *huggles*

And you know what, when they mentioned Elizabeth name a part of me squeed in joy.
                  banner by Stef

Comment

The Seer
                    Spoiler:
                    They still mention Elizabeth? FANTASTIC! Unlike other characters taht ahve departed the SG series and never been mentioned again *cough*Jonas and Ford*cough*

Isa you must get the Tudors no matter how historically inaccurate it is.

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

The Tudors is inaccurate? Dang it. Why? Why???

Just cause I like this pic

sigpic

Comment

That's hot, enough said. Seriously do you want to know the inaccuracies? HOneslty I will list them if you want
                        Yeah I'm feeling a bit geeky atm.

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

That's hot, enough said. Seriously do you want to know the inaccuracies? HOneslty I will list them if you want
                          Yeah I'm feeling a bit geeky atm.
                          Yeah, I should be warned. If it catches me off guard I might dis-like it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Well the main two that come to mind at the moment is Mary Tudor and Margaret Tudor are combined into one character. She is named Maragret but has the life of Mary, goes overseas and marries a king (in real life it was the French King in the series it was a Portugese King). Afterwarsd she marries the Duke of Suffolk. The character of Margaret who marries the Scottish King(grandmother to James I of England I believe?) doen't exist.
                            Next iss how young Henry is. Katherine of Aragon was only a few years older than Henry but going by the series you would think that the gap is much larger. Anne Boleyn comes to steal teh King but he is still young whereas when Anne came to court I believe he was already nearly 40.
                            There is also a change with Henry FitzRoy, his character is modifed, I believe he dies as a baby in this one but in real life lived as the Duke of Richmond until he was 17 I think. There is more I believe on wikipeida but those are the main ones that come to mind. Also I believe that Queen Mary Tudor of France's name was changed so to avoid confusion with Henry's daughter Mary.

Hope that helps.

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I don't know whether its the whole based on a telenovela and therefore already awesome and ridiculously fun or the fact that it's just good, but Ugly Betty (yes... I know, very un-scifi of me) is soo fricking cute!! I lurve it. And dude, Alan Dale they need to stop giving you heart attacks....
                              banner by Stef

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Well the main two that come to mind at the moment is Mary Tudor and Margaret Tudor are combined into one character. She is named Maragret but has the life of Mary, goes overseas and marries a king (in real life it was the French King in the series it was a Portugese King). Afterwarsd she marries the Duke of Suffolk. The character of Margaret who marries the Scottish King(grandmother to James I of England I believe?) doen't exist.
                                Next iss how young Henry is. Katherine of Aragon was only a few years older than Henry but going by the series you would think that the gap is much larger. Anne Boleyn comes to steal teh King but he is still young whereas when Anne came to court I believe he was already nearly 40.
                                There is also a change with Henry FitzRoy, his character is modifed, I believe he dies as a baby in this one but in real life lived as the Duke of Richmond until he was 17 I think. There is more I believe on wikipeida but those are the main ones that come to mind. Also I believe that Queen Mary Tudor of France's name was changed so to avoid confusion with Henry's daughter Mary.

Hope that helps.
                                Thanks.

Will comment on ep tomorrow. I had a bad night at work and feel like complete crap. This is one of fav eps, so I wouldn't have fun comments at the moment.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X