• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    Watching Throne for a Loss now.

They sure do bump into each other alot.

I really like the humor in this episode. Willy Coyote. HAHAHA
    I'm almost done with the ep. be ready for the play by play.
    banner by Stef

Comment

Throne For A Loss:

pre-ep: One of the few early s1 eps I didn't watch so this is a whole new world for me.

Play by play:
      Spoiler:
      Hi J and A. Hee. I love the John Wayne banter. It was cute and it looks like we have guest on Moya this time around. And look at all bantering and snipping at each other. *happy sigh* Hi Zhaan. the peaceful one.

Um these obviously aren't nice guest that bring tea and cake.

btw nice background music. And DUDE they're kidnapping Rygel - they suck!

And heh to D'argo trying to work the super arm band thing. Maybe you should shake it or smack it against a wall.

Tractor beam. Docking ray. Tomatoe. Tomato. Oh and it looks D'argo doesn't like being owned by the baddies and dude say hello to the Tok'ra armbands that impair your thought process. Shocker. D'argo on roids!

Hee, nice lets get rid of the JA personal space.

Aww mean!D'argo is not nice to Pilot - *eyes*

And we have a ransom we can't comply with. Again the shock!

J: Check it out it's a water ballon.

A: Lock him away.
      Z: We I suppose we must.

Oh an the water ballon SO did NOT work. Good aim though John. Heh, look's like D'argo doesn't like water ballon war and now we must RUN.

J: This way!
      A: Oh, is that *another* suggestion?

Hehe.

P: Moya has a systems malfunction
      J: For real?

*rolls eyes* Yes, John for real, because this is of course the time Pilot would choose to Punk you. And D'argo really isn't hopped up on the Tok'ra-steroid armband, and you're not really lost in space. It's all a big joke. Thankfully Aeryn is on point and dude just watch CB's hair *swoon* I loved how Aeryn gave John the "Oh crap" look when he saif "I got a plan", but hey they have worked so far so at least he has that going for him.

Bad baddie of the week, you don not insult the the benevolent Zhaan because she'll smack you up.

Z: Soft yes, weak no. (And there we have the best, so far, description of Zhaan)

Again kinda love how they all think John!plan = Oh crap. It's funny, and okay it's only the fourth episode but lets not make this an on going joke. He is supposed to be our lead man after all and turning him into the punch line for almost everything does not bode well.

Its time to have run and seek and try to live from D'argo. Again love the completely plausible ways they have John and Aeryn constantly in each others personal space - make the ship shake and they fall into each other. Heh. And its so far almost always because of of John's plans.... I think somebody has a crush. But at least D'argo is down for the count.

And now we leave Moya to gray and terra cotta world with blue ferns. Pretty. And rygel demanding they let him go. And they've buried him in MUD! Oh crap, we know how he feels about mud. Tsk tsk.

Next to him we have his fun cellmate that kinda looks like those Reetoos (sp?) from SG1 mixed with some squid like spider dump in cameoflauge. Nice. And can I say I am SO glad they've explained the language thing in this show because NO way this spoke English, I don't care what galaxy and scifi show we're in. Would not have believed it for a mircro second. But aww look! They bond over their people and importance. Sweet.

Aliean: The imperfection is yours. (Oh icon must be made)

Back on Moya Rygel had impeded his own rescue to decorate his sceptre. Once again I think of Rodney, cuz I'm sure he's done something similar on SGA. Oh Aeryn you sweetheart. Torture and then kill.

J: Wylie Coyote would have come up with a better plan!
      A: This is my turn. My plan.
      J: No. Absolutely not. There are other things that we can do. We can try negotiating with the Tavloids.

And OWN! (*loving Aeryn*)

A: Tavlecks!!

Best scene ever. (well so far)

Hee. Love the wake up scene in the Prowler. Love the scoff and the mock!scoff! Too funny. Love the dry humour.

Dude, the male alien is too funny. And Zhaan so owned him. Hee. Score.

Oh these two (JA) you can just feel the love....

Back in prison Rygel is trying to escape and Josep (sp?) is being kinda awesome.

D'argo is totally coming down. Poor him. *pets but he might hiss at me so never mind*

Back on blue plant planet I like the binocular and hard core Aeryn. Seriously I knew I would like her, but dude I'm loving her. And oh crap, John don't use things you don't know how to use. I hope Aeryn hadn't named it yet.

Rygel , poor baby. Obviously they take their tupperware very seriously here.

And WTF with Zhaan blood? Sedative? Oh she is too kinky!

Rygel, look at you being all smart like someone else.

Oh showdown. D'argo and Aeryn. And nicely done D'argo.

Aww look at the innate team work - it's like prison break. And like Prison Breal they only get a break for a mille second!

Aww Rygel!!! No... (okay I'm not too sad, because well I'm aware that he's in future episode, but had I not been - much sadness) Still, that must have not been fun. And look at Josep being awesome and giving Rygel back!

Oh, look at those three. So fun. Love the Tavleck correction.

dude, I like the alien baddie. He's being so b!tchy- hee.

Love the A/D moment. They're kinda cute together. Aww! Bonding over John's greenness and New Guyness - again so cute. Loving this bit.

Aeryn: Imagine. Somewhere out there is a whole world full of Crichtons and how useless they must be.
      D'argo: It's amazing he can provide us with some commond ground.
      A: Who would have thought there was a race more clumsy and pathetic than the Luxons.
      D: (moves arm, Aeryn falls)
      A: Owww!
      D: I'm sorry... You know how clumsy we Luxson can be.

Okay this wins as best scene, forget what I said before. I also wanna feel insulted, because hey! but this scene was just to fun

Rygel is an honorary member of the Trow (sp?) Cute. And well then he just ruins it. *rolls eyes* Oh Rygel.

Um cool!!! D'argo had a gun blade!! Le awesome and you know Aeryn thought it was cool

I like how Zhaan is being so mummy like and also mentor like.

So here comes the rescue sequence. I wonder how it goes. And also love the "critter" thing. And Aeryn comes with the big guns and fight scenes! Aww D'agro. Really liked how he looked at Aeryn after he got shot and asked about the blood because he totally gets that out of her and John she's the one to understand the gravity of those words. This is a deep injury. Not good. And Aeryn know just what to do. Thank god.

Oh Zhaan I wouldn't trust him, not matter how much you think he's good.

Dude! He attacked one of the DRDs - meanie!

*snorts* Green Lantern's ring.

Oh yeah, you don't mess with Zhaan. I like this bit darker side of her - I love the capabilities that her character now has. And D'argo and Aeryn I love their scenes. Dude, John is soo enjoying his new toy. And Rygel is in the bag. Heh.

Oh don't you just hate when your super armband runs out of juice.

Chicken Pox *snorts* Aww, Poor Rygel... kicked when he's down - literally. *shakes head*

So... what ... Oh, they get out of it.

Oh he swallowed it. Eww... Rygel, I am not shocked, Fluffy. And John's down. Hee.

Dude, that's nasty! And dude you are so lucky she didn't turn back to kick your butt.

Aww poor Zhaan, but I like the end with alien boy, very realistic and true to the feel of the shop.

End note: Once again it was the team moments between D'argo and Aeryn that really stood out for me. I liked the smallish development we saw with Zhaan and well that really about it for me. The Rygel whump was hard to take seriously, though you do feel a bit, teensy wit bad for him. And the John greeness/ new guyness was so obvious that it was kinda annoying in parts, but it was an okay episode.

Fav scene: D/A bonding over John

Fav cap though was definitely this:
      banner by Stef

Comment

I only have season 1 on VHS. Boo! And I've only seen the first season maybe twice. Once we get to season two though...watch me go!

I already know Milena's to this, but does anyone here watch Project Runway? I love that show (it's premiering tonight). I know nothing about fashion or creating clothes, but I love seeing what everyone makes in the end...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Not FS or even SciFi related but I'm writing my essay and this tidbit seemed so cool!!

About Xmas stockings:
          Spoiler:
          "Most American children believe that Santa Claus comes down the chimney on Xmas Eve to fill the stockings they've left hanging on the mantle. This custom can be traced back to a folk legend in which three daughters decided to help their father escape poverty by selling themselves into prostitution. A wealthy man named Nicholas visited their house on three successive nights, and each time tossed a ball of gold through an open window. The three gold balls, which landed in the stockings the girls had hung by the fire to dry, saved them from a life of sin."

Cool eh?
          ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            I only have season 1 on VHS. Boo! And I've only seen the first season maybe twice. Once we get to season two though...watch me go!

I already know Milena's to this, but does anyone here watch Project Runway? I love that show (it's premiering tonight). I know nothing about fashion or creating clothes, but I love seeing what everyone makes in the end...

-Stef
            Gah! I love that show! Haven't watched it since I got back to the UK but I love it. It's like America's Next Top Model but BETTER! I remember the old wistful days when I wanted to be a designer and would have sketch books filled with sketeches and designs, but I ended up going more into the more classical arts but yeah I love this show! I love Tim. And snippy designers.
            banner by Stef

Comment

-Stef
              Yep, mom is a bravo nut so she got me into it last year. Some of their stuff looks so good. Some of it...I wouldn't pick dog poo up in, but they can't be genuis designers all the time I guess.

Project Runway. Watched every year. So much fun. I don't have Bravo now so I will have to torrent the episodes. Do you watch Top Chef? I love that one also.

Which one did you like best last year, Uli, Jeffrey, Laura, and Michael? My favorite was Uli.

Favorite Dress by Uli
              LOVE Top Chef! Always makes me hungry, but I love it. As for runway, Michael was my fav.

Throne for a loss...going to watch real quick and be back. Its been awhile since I have seen this one.
              sigpic
              by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Fav scene The prowler scene after Aeryn knocks John out.
                Fav Quote
                Aeryn: Tsk
                John: Oh don't you tsk me!
                Fav Cap

Proximity alert! You have to love eps that try to throw Aeryn and John on top of each other or against each other. Eye candy.

This ep has a good commentary between Ben and Claudia if you can watch it. One of my fav commentary moments ever is in it:

BB: Another motif of the show…Crichton gets knocked out by a chick.
                CB: Yeah, whats your society?
                BB: The society against cruelty to Crichton (SACC)
                CB Oh what is that?
                BB:There the ones looking after Crichton
                CB: You poor boy

If I only knew then what I knew now. Something will come into play in one of the best Farscape character twists later. I won't say what is revealed in this ep because it is neat to see people's reactions.

Zhaan heals people with a kiss? Can I say kewlest power ever! Just spend time with hot accident prone men. Oh yeah.

One thing I love about this ep is there isn't a happy ending with the Tavlek guy. He puts the gauntlet back on in the end despite what Zhaan tries to do. Farscape was great for a lot of reasons, but the fact that it wasn't always about a moral and growing as a person is more true to life than these shows where everything is great at the end of an hour.

Ta-da! Night everyone.
                sigpic

Comment

Project Runway. Watched every year. So much fun. I don't have Bravo now so I will have to torrent the episodes. Do you watch Top Chef? I love that one also.

Which one did you like best last year, Uli, Jeffrey, Laura, and Michael? My favorite was Uli.
                  No to Top Chef...but I've watched every season of PR. I HATED Jeffrey. Mostly cause he was a jerk, and I was not a fan of his aesthetic. While Laura wasn't particularly innovative, I loved most of her outfits. They were all very stylish and classic (except that weird collared thing she made....ew). Uli should have won though. I would have said Michael until Fashion Week...

--------------------
                  Oh, and because this totally fits with where I am right now, I thought that I would share this with all of you McShep fans out there:

It's a great, funny vid for them. And even has a little Ronon/Shep/McKay crack triangle moment...which is what I'm all about

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                    Did someone say commentaries!! I luff them! :
                    Yep. They're roughly 20 MB, but because of the way I'd have to get them to you, just send me a PM. I'll send the link for the one on Throne For a Loss, it's Ben and Claudia, and oh so awesome.

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                    Not FS or even SciFi related but I'm writing my essay and this tidbit seemed so cool!!

About Xmas stockings:
                    Spoiler:
                    "Most American children believe that Santa Claus comes down the chimney on Xmas Eve to fill the stockings they've left hanging on the mantle. This custom can be traced back to a folk legend in which three daughters decided to help their father escape poverty by selling themselves into prostitution. A wealthy man named Nicholas visited their house on three successive nights, and each time tossed a ball of gold through an open window. The three gold balls, which landed in the stockings the girls had hung by the fire to dry, saved them from a life of sin."

Cool eh?
                    That's way cool Milena, I love folk legends like that!
                    Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

No to Top Chef...but I've watched every season of PR. I HATED Jeffrey. Mostly cause he was a jerk, and I was not a fan of his aesthetic. While Laura wasn't particularly innovative, I loved most of her outfits. They were all very stylish and classic (except that weird collared thing she made....ew). Uli should have won though. I would have said Michael until Fashion Week...

--------------------
                      Oh, and because this totally fits with where I am right now, I thought that I would share this with all of you McShep fans out there:

It's a great, funny vid for them. And even has a little Ronon/Shep/McKay crack triangle moment...which is what I'm all about

-Stef
                      Crack vid! For the best crack triangle ever?! You rock!
                      banner by Stef

Comment

Hmm...the quiet here suggests we are all on topic somewhere else I suppose...

Anyone a Jonathan Rhys Meyers fan? I can't wait to see August Rush!

sigpic

Comment

Is this the episode where John steps on/drops Zhaan's mask thing 50 times? I always thought it was mean how in one version he just steps on it. If I were Zhaan I would be ticked off...because it's a deliberate destruction of one of my posessions...and there's no real reason behind it. I don't if he was going crazy...

-Stef

Comment

Just started to get the episode to watch it later
                            banner by Stef

Comment

I agree that girl is waaaay creepy. This is an ep i watched once and that was it. HAve to work tonight, but I will be back with my say on it.

I do remember I wasn't too impressed with Aeryn's fighting stance. Alien or not...it looked weird.
                              sigpic

Comment

A little late to the game....but can I just agree with you about the girl/girl fight, Susan? I can't help but laugh when I watch it it's so bad. Kind of reminds me of a fight scene in Robin Hood: Men In Tights: "Do you know...Praying Mantis?" That's what their fighting style looked like

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X