Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeryn: He claims to be a human, from a planet called "Earp"!
    John: (mouths) Earp?

Hee! Oh, and I love how Aeryn stands up for him, if only a little, and then John tries to stand up for her. Cute. And D'rgo - the way he talks, it's like Teal'c expect less stoic, he knows how to do drama And when he talk to Zhaan about the 4th sensation. He is so blushy. Heh.
    banner by Stef

Comment

Aeryn: It's my duty, my breeding. It's what I am.
      John: You can be more.

First shippy moment imho and it's cute, it's IC, not too in your face, but nice.
      banner by Stef

Comment

Finishing episode and I have to say that scene when they're flying over the planet, trying to get away and Aeryn has to fly them away. Man, you can see the frelling conflict in her face, her eyes. She know they need to get away, but she know that she is going against everything she stands for, everything that she has grown up believing. It's just amazing. CB rocks it. It kills, and there is one of the reasons I love Aeryn's character so much, she is so conflicted about her place, about her choices, but she still stands by them. She still keeps on.

And then John get an ear!kiss I also really like his message to his dad.
        banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
          You can be more.

Where Else do we hear this line? (SG1)
          LITS? Is this what you were talking about before?
          banner by Stef

Comment

JOHN: You can be more.

VALA: No Tomin You can do more.
            Ah, I see. A ship I ship, and the other I don't, but appreciate. I have to say I think the difference in them makes them changes the meaning completely. To DO more is great, it's admirable, but to BE more is a greater challenge in it of itself. Not to diminish the meaning of Vala's words to Tomin, because they are important. Tomin CAN do more, but I don't know if he has the motivation to BE more. He can try, and maybe he will. But as for Aeryn for her BE more is a challenge and one meets. Aeryn through the course of the show, grows and becomes so much more than what we see her. I've seen bits of PKW and WOW! Just wow.
            banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
              Ah, I see. A ship I ship, and the other I don't, but appreciate. I have to say I think the difference in them makes them changes the meaning completely. To DO more is great, it's admirable, but to BE more is a greater challenge in it of itself. Not to diminish the meaning of Vala's words to Tomin, because they are important. Tomin CAN do more, but I don't know if he has the motivation to BE more. He can try, and maybe he will. But as for Aeryn for her BE more is a challenge and one meets. Aeryn through the course of the show, grows and becomes so much more than what we see her. I've seen bits of PKW and WOW! Just wow.
              I agree Isa. I have seen bits and pieces of other episodes and she grows so much as a character. He conflicts within really define her. They fuel her. I really admire that about the character.
              sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

Hey Milena,

Have you watched this first episode yet? It has been years since I have seen this one. This is not one of the episodes I rewatch. Actually I think I have only seen it once. Just finished watching it and it is alot better then I remembered. It has some great John/Aeryn scenes.
                I saw it about a month or two ago. Honestly there are three main points that I remember:

1) The new SciFi world was amazing, the technologies, the adaptations (like how John could understand them) really fascinated me and I was hooked wanting to learn more about it.

2) The individual acting was amazing. Everyone had their own distinct personalities from the get-go and were 100% comfortable in their own skin playing them.

3) The plot itself was horrible The scene that sticks with me the most is when Crais declares that Aeryn is tainted and she's out of the club. It was like this huge WTF moment. I didn't feel they explained the exclusivity of the Peacekeeper club at all before and her expulsion from said club was almost completely random in my eyes. Again, the acting of each individual involved was fantastic but the episode was horribly sequenced for plot development and moving things along.

So in conclusion FS world = SO AWESOME!! Acting = rarely seen anything better. Director = needs to consider a career change...
                ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

I love to hear new stuff about my favorite show! By the by...its Thursday here so forget what I said about working. I didn't get a chance to watch so this is observations from memory.

You have to love premier eps, because you have so much info you are trying to fit in that it always turns out corny or stupid. I have never seen one premier I actually say wasn't on the low side of the good meter. But the characters are so loveable in Farscape I still re-watch this ep everynow and again.

John is so naive. I love his trust in everyone. It makes him stupid sometimes, but I think it really makes his character loveable. Aeryn is awesome...nough said. My other favorite character will come into play later.

Gotta love the football helmet they made a space helmet for Crichton. Even Ben hated that prop.

DRD's (the little yellow robot guys) are so cute! I love them.

By the by Milena Andrew Prowse was the director and he directs 18 other eps. Sorry. But some of them are my favs of all the seasons so don't hold this one against him. Premieres are like that.

Also gotta love Ben naked.

I love the characteristics they give the aliens. Rygel farts helium. Zhaan has a special kiss ear to ear, which is pretty uh...dirty apparently. And D'argo can tongue you.

The only interesting tid-bit I can think of off the top of my head from this ep is that Lani Tupu who plays Peacekeeper Bialar Crais is the voice of Pilot.

Fav quote Is the little yellow bolts of light, but to add another:
                  John: Boy, was Spielberg ever wrong. Close Encounters my ass.

Fav scene It is a tie with the "You can be more" scene. I love this scene because it is the pre-beginning to one of my favorite aspects of the show. The second scene is the end with John talking to his dad through the recorder.

Fav cap
                  Just cause Aeryn is so kick @$$
                  sigpic
                  by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
                    <SNIP>

You have to love premier eps, because you have so much info you are trying to fit in that it always turns out corny or stupid. I have never seen one premier I actually say wasn't on the low side of the good meter. But the characters are so loveable in Farscape I still re-watch this ep everynow and again.

<SNIP>

By the by Milena Andrew Prowse was the director and he directs 18 other eps. Sorry. But some of them are my favs of all the seasons so don't hold this one against him. Premieres are like that.
                    That's very true. I've seen some great Premieres myself but I was warned that the First Season was renown for its bad scene cuts and poorly placed/timed plot twists so it probably stayed with me longer because of that It doesn't mean it's a bad story though, far from it! The character showcasing and the mood of the episode really save it

What other episodes did he direct?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Andrew Prowse has directed:

SEASON 1:
                      # Premiere
                      # DNA Mad Scientist
                      # Rhapsody in Blue
                      # Bone to Be Wild

SEASON 2:
                      # Mind the Baby
                      # Vitas Mortis
                      # Picture If You Will
                      # Look at the Princess: Part 1: A Kiss Is But a Kiss
                      # Look at the Princess: Part 2: I Do, I Think
                      # Look at the Princess: Part 3: The Maltese Crichton
                      # Liars, Guns and Money: Part 1: A Not So Simple Plan -IMO, the best three-parter of the series

SEASON 3:
                      # Suns and Lovers
                      # Revenging Angel -The crazy, fun cartoon episode that I love
                      # The Choice -One of the best directed of the series, IMO
                      # Dog with Two Bones-Has one of the most memorable J/A scenes and endings

SEASON 4:
                      # Crichton Kicks
                      # Unrealized Reality-Very interesting visuals, cool episode
                      # A Constellation of Doubt
                      # Bad Timing-Series finale

I pretty much forgive everyone for the blunders of season 1 since the rest of the seasons were so great. Besides, ask the actors (BB & CB) and they'll tell you the show didn't start picking up until later in the season when the writers and actors were more free to try new things...and not be under the heal of the higher ups who wanted certain things...
                      Last edited by Stef; 08 November 2007, 04:06 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ah ha! Sounds good. I'm always happy to change my opinion with proof of greatness

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Yeah, watch "The Choice" and tell me if you still think he sucks as a director

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*Feels left out cause she hasn't seen Farscape in years and has no way of doing so at the moment*
                            sigpic
                            Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                              *Feels left out cause she hasn't seen Farscape in years and has no way of doing so at the moment*
                              Aww, didn't you see the link Susan gave? It's a streaming episode I think, no dl/buying required It's a few pages back

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Aw, no worries I have very little recollections of season 1 because I didn't like most of the episodes that much...but I have the pilot and I might pop it in to discuss. But for most of the season, yeah...I got nothing I remember A Bug's Life....and A Human Reaction and the three-colored episode.

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X