X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrazyLikeaFox
    replied
    Well I obtained mine from a friend who got it through *ahem* other means and made it a dvd

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
    He's in Vanity Fair? So need to watch it. Actually I haven the Tudor series on on dvd somewhere. It is awesome.
    Yeah! I NEED to get that series

Leave a comment:

• CrazyLikeaFox
    replied
    Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    Damn I soo wanna watch the Tudors!!

I unfortunately didn't get to watch Ep5 yesterday so I'll be later with the play by play

Talk you you all laters!
    Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post

I wish! I fell in love with him in Vanity Fair. Unfortunatly we don't have the channel the Tudors is on. And I am a Tudor freak! I used to know everything I could about all of them. My mind has grown rusty on thst a bit, but I would still love to see it.
    He's in Vanity Fair? So need to watch it. Actually I haven the Tudor series on on dvd somewhere. It is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• kamiikiteiru
    replied
    Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    Let's Watch Farscape Together

Farscape Episode 5:
    Back and Back and Back to the Future

Let the discussion begin!! Remember to at least tell us:

1. Your favorite scene
    2. Your favorite picture/screen capture
    3. Your favorite quote (if any)

We can move discussions off of that. And remember that those three things are only starter questions to get you going...let's have fun and talk about everything we love (and maybe even hate) about this episode!!

We have 24 hours for this Episode. We will start Episode 6 tommorrow.
    I already mentioned i really don't like this ep. If it wasn't for my amusement at watching Aeryn and Zhaan watch John lose it, I would't watch this one ever again.

My thoughts:
    Spoiler:
    You know you are going to have a bad day when a green light sinks into your brain. If you are in an alien world you don't understand...take your mothers words of wisdom...touch nothing.

Matala...she looks evil. Why do they never see when people look evil?

John's vision thin of him getting violated. Okaaaay. Freaky deaky alien woman making freaky deaky pleasure noises with John...twisted and sick...nough said. Moving on.

Matala and Aeryn in the ship. That fighting stance!!! I can't get over the goofiness.

D'argo's big downfall in my opinion (for most of the series) is his willingness to be hostile toward those on Moya on the word of someone he feels is his friend. He attaches to someone and suddenly anyone who wants to talk some sense is the enemy.

In the end D'argo has a broken heart and after his attitude in this ep...I don't really care.

Meh...next ep

Farscape fact from the Starbusrt Edition:
    Ben and Claudia list it as one of their favorite early eps.

Favorite Scene Anything with Aeryn, Zhaan and John talking. Aeryn and Zhaan have some remarks on John's weird behavior that I love.

Favorite Quote
    John: I'm gonna get some air.
    Aeryn: We have air in here. What is wrong with him?
    Zhaan: He is Crichton.

Favorite Cap

Intentional repost because there is just one word for that pic *thunk*
    I love him Kami I'm assuming you've seen the Tudors mini-series? Him in it is just......*thunk*
    I wish! I fell in love with him in Vanity Fair. Unfortunatly we don't have the channel the Tudors is on. And I am a Tudor freak! I used to know everything I could about all of them. My mind has grown rusty on thst a bit, but I would still love to see it.

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied
    I love him Kami I'm assuming you've seen the Tudors mini-series? Him in it is just......*thunk*
    Damn I soo wanna watch the Tudors!!

I unfortunately didn't get to watch Ep5 yesterday so I'll be later with the play by play

Talk you you all laters!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyLikeaFox
    replied
    Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
    Hmm...the quiet here suggests we are all on topic somewhere else I suppose...

Anyone a Jonathan Rhys Meyers fan? I can't wait to see August Rush!

Leave a comment:

• Stef
    replied
    A little late to the game....but can I just agree with you about the girl/girl fight, Susan? I can't help but laugh when I watch it it's so bad. Kind of reminds me of a fight scene in Robin Hood: Men In Tights: "Do you know...Praying Mantis?" That's what their fighting style looked like

-Stef

Leave a comment:

• kamiikiteiru
    replied
    I agree that girl is waaaay creepy. This is an ep i watched once and that was it. HAve to work tonight, but I will be back with my say on it.

I do remember I wasn't too impressed with Aeryn's fighting stance. Alien or not...it looked weird.

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied
    Just started to get the episode to watch it later

Leave a comment:

• Stef
    replied
    Is this the episode where John steps on/drops Zhaan's mask thing 50 times? I always thought it was mean how in one version he just steps on it. If I were Zhaan I would be ticked off...because it's a deliberate destruction of one of my posessions...and there's no real reason behind it. I don't if he was going crazy...

-Stef

Leave a comment:

• kamiikiteiru
    replied
    Hmm...the quiet here suggests we are all on topic somewhere else I suppose...

Anyone a Jonathan Rhys Meyers fan? I can't wait to see August Rush!

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied
    Originally posted by Stef View Post
    No to Top Chef...but I've watched every season of PR. I HATED Jeffrey. Mostly cause he was a jerk, and I was not a fan of his aesthetic. While Laura wasn't particularly innovative, I loved most of her outfits. They were all very stylish and classic (except that weird collared thing she made....ew). Uli should have won though. I would have said Michael until Fashion Week...

--------------------
    Oh, and because this totally fits with where I am right now, I thought that I would share this with all of you McShep fans out there:

It's a great, funny vid for them. And even has a little Ronon/Shep/McKay crack triangle moment...which is what I'm all about

-Stef
    Crack vid! For the best crack triangle ever?! You rock!

Leave a comment:

• Odakota_Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    Did someone say commentaries!! I luff them! :
    Yep. They're roughly 20 MB, but because of the way I'd have to get them to you, just send me a PM. I'll send the link for the one on Throne For a Loss, it's Ben and Claudia, and oh so awesome.

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    Not FS or even SciFi related but I'm writing my essay and this tidbit seemed so cool!!

About Xmas stockings:
    Spoiler:
    "Most American children believe that Santa Claus comes down the chimney on Xmas Eve to fill the stockings they've left hanging on the mantle. This custom can be traced back to a folk legend in which three daughters decided to help their father escape poverty by selling themselves into prostitution. A wealthy man named Nicholas visited their house on three successive nights, and each time tossed a ball of gold through an open window. The three gold balls, which landed in the stockings the girls had hung by the fire to dry, saved them from a life of sin."

Cool eh?
    That's way cool Milena, I love folk legends like that!

Leave a comment:

• Stef
    replied
    Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    Project Runway. Watched every year. So much fun. I don't have Bravo now so I will have to torrent the episodes. Do you watch Top Chef? I love that one also.

Which one did you like best last year, Uli, Jeffrey, Laura, and Michael? My favorite was Uli.
    No to Top Chef...but I've watched every season of PR. I HATED Jeffrey. Mostly cause he was a jerk, and I was not a fan of his aesthetic. While Laura wasn't particularly innovative, I loved most of her outfits. They were all very stylish and classic (except that weird collared thing she made....ew). Uli should have won though. I would have said Michael until Fashion Week...

--------------------
    Oh, and because this totally fits with where I am right now, I thought that I would share this with all of you McShep fans out there:

It's a great, funny vid for them. And even has a little Ronon/Shep/McKay crack triangle moment...which is what I'm all about

-Stef

Leave a comment:

• kamiikiteiru
    replied
    Fav scene The prowler scene after Aeryn knocks John out.
    Fav Quote
    Aeryn: Tsk
    John: Oh don't you tsk me!
    Fav Cap

Proximity alert! You have to love eps that try to throw Aeryn and John on top of each other or against each other. Eye candy.

This ep has a good commentary between Ben and Claudia if you can watch it. One of my fav commentary moments ever is in it:

BB: Another motif of the show…Crichton gets knocked out by a chick.
    CB: Yeah, whats your society?
    BB: The society against cruelty to Crichton (SACC)
    CB Oh what is that?
    BB:There the ones looking after Crichton
    CB: You poor boy

If I only knew then what I knew now. Something will come into play in one of the best Farscape character twists later. I won't say what is revealed in this ep because it is neat to see people's reactions.

Zhaan heals people with a kiss? Can I say kewlest power ever! Just spend time with hot accident prone men. Oh yeah.

One thing I love about this ep is there isn't a happy ending with the Tavlek guy. He puts the gauntlet back on in the end despite what Zhaan tries to do. Farscape was great for a lot of reasons, but the fact that it wasn't always about a moral and growing as a person is more true to life than these shows where everything is great at the end of an hour.

Ta-da! Night everyone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X