This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    It is a tell all summary. What do you think? Do you want to risk it? I would wait. I'm finding some that just have the first of the series.
    I've been good about spoiler this year with Heroes, the SG-1 movies, and things in general, so I think I'm going to be good here too. But really, I pretty much know everything that happens. (Vids are quite spoilery too )

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
    Give me a bit to gather my thoughts. I have seen the first episode, but being at work, I am going to write a couple things down then post.
    Ditto, I've watched I think the first 5 episode sequentially, then my TV site frakked up and watched only a couple others, but didn't pay much attention because the quality of the site was bad and the upload painfully so.

So I'll be writing down some notes too!
    banner by Stef

Comment

Site for Farscape ScreenCaps.

farscape-caps

Thanks for that link Susan. I will have to snurch some of those until I get around to capping Farscape myself. I have that on my list after I am done with SG-1
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Soo pretty Susan! I love that site!

More caps!

EDIT: I think my next batch of icons is going to be including some Farscape!
        banner by Stef

Comment

I do have some Farscape already in my PB, but they are mostly Crichton and I am in need of Aeryn pics now.

sigpic
          Sig made by me

Comment

Ironically, I mostly have Aeryn. Hello girl crush! and *cough*Sass*cough*

Love the hair in the last one
            banner by Stef

Comment

Yeah the hair is cool in that last one. Well I have the Crichton pics because of JohnnyCake...LOL I am thinking that an Aeryn clone might be next on my list, but it is going to be a while before I get another....at least that is my plan at the moment. When it comes to the clones, sometimes I just end up with one and didn't even plan on it.
              sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                Yeah the hair is cool in that last one. Well I have the Crichton pics because of JohnnyCake...LOL I am thinking that an Aeryn clone might be next on my list, but it is going to be a while before I get another....at least that is my plan at the moment. When it comes to the clones, sometimes I just end up with one and didn't even plan on it.
                *cough*The Three*cough*. Dude, you need an Aeryn clone, so she and Sass can be all awesome and sassy and b!tchy together! Oh and I think I'm getting a Muscles Everyone needs a Muscles
                banner by Stef

Comment

Favorite Quote:

Aeryn: (impatient) "Compassion"? What is "compassion"?

John: Compassion? Wh- you're kidding right? It's a feeling that you have when you see someone elses pain and instead of taking advantage of their weakness you help 'em.

Aeryn: (nodding) Oh. I know this feeling.

John: Yeah well it is a fairly common human feeling.

Aeryn: I hate it.

Hee! I luff Aeryn!!
                  banner by Stef

Comment

Favorite Quote:

Aeryn: (impatient) "Compassion"? What is "compassion"?

John: Compassion? Wh- you're kidding right? It's a feeling that you have when you see someone elses pain and instead of taking advantage of their weakness you help 'em.

Aeryn: (nodding) Oh. I know this feeling.

John: Yeah well it is a fairly common human feeling.

Aeryn: I hate it.

sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Hey Milena,

Have you watched this first episode yet? It has been years since I have seen this one. This is not one of the episodes I rewatch. Actually I think I have only seen it once. Just finished watching it and it is alot better then I remembered. It has some great John/Aeryn scenes.
                      I have seen up to Durka Returns. The first couple of episodes were kind of blah for me. It wasn't until about episode 5 or so that I really started to get into the show.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

Should I post my preliminary - what I remember vaguely from the episode thoughts? Bare in mind I haven't watch any Farscape in months.
                        banner by Stef

Comment

Yes, and all about opinions and the memories. Let us hear your thoughts.
                          Okay, from what I remember. There will be amending of thought probably later after I really get into the episode. There always is.

Thoughts Farscape Premire:

Well, I'll say it now. I came into the show out of my profound love for Vala and CB. BB was secondary, though I like how John was more science oriented than military. So already I was prepared to love Aeryn and I did. I loved her intro, if a bit cold, it was just awesome to see her just be so bad@ss and kinda b!tchy, especially since John thought "Human looking = friend", but it quite the opposite. And that's also another that I ended up liking this. In most sci fi its the human looking aliens that are usually the good guys, and the non-human looking ones the baddies. But here Farscape does the opposite. The human are the oppressive force and the non-human the victims in most cases. Honestly felt the love more on John's side, but that makes sense since, well, Aeryn just is not happy with her situation. You can tell these two are going to be shipped and mostly because they're the two humans, the hotness factor came secondary to me. (Now, I know enough that I know the shippiness gets better and they go through sh!t, but still it's a slow growth here).

You can see how even in this episode Aeryn begin to grow and change. So subtly too. Love how John pushes her, though she doesn't really have much of a choice since she was under custody too. Mostly obviously in the scene with Craius (sp?) and how she thought they would help and allow her back. Bit of a rough eye opening. Oh and Craius, what a b@stard, revenge for the brother. Such a personal reason to hate Chriton so much, and that's kind of awesome. You killed my brother. I don't like you, you die.

Loved how it was the dad's ring that saved them. Lucky indeed!

Now enough about JA, I love Rygel. He's so annoying and eats too much and complains and talks way too much about himself, and hey! I'm talkin about Rodeny McKay but regardless. I love Rygel and his assiness. (Love Rodney too). And Pilot, love her? It's a her, right? And Moya, I want that ship. Yeah it's got nothing defensive, but dude! It's a living ship and Starbursts. I want Moya. D'rgo and Zhan, cool, but *shrug* Not too into them yet.

EDIT: Oh, yeah! I love how they explain him begin to able to understand them!! Cuz, yay! Explination to how we are able to understand alien life is the one thing that I was always ppfftt about Stargate.
                          Last edited by isabelqc; 08 November 2007, 10:09 AM.
                          banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                            Okay, from what I remember. There will be amending of thought probably later after I really get into the episode. There always is.

Thoughts Farscape Premire:

Well, I'll say it now. I came into the show out of my profound love for Vala and CB. BB was secondary, though I like how John was more science oriented than military. So already I was prepared to love Aeryn and I did. I loved her intro, if a bit cold, it was just awesome to see her just be so bad@ss and kinda b!tchy, especially since John thought "Human looking = friend", but it quite the opposite. And that's also another that I ended up liking this. In most sci fi its the human looking aliens that are usually the good guys, and the non-human looking ones the baddies. But here Farscape does the opposite. The human are the oppressive force and the non-human the victims in most cases. Honestly felt the love more on John's side, but that makes sense since, well, Aeryn just is not happy with her situation. You can tell these two are going to be shipped and mostly because they're the two humans, the hotness factor came secondary to me. (Now, I know enough that I know the shippiness gets better and they go through sh!t, but still it's a slow growth here).

You can see how even in this episode Aeryn begin to grow and change. So subtly too. Love how John pushes her, though she doesn't really have much of a choice since she was under custody too. Mostly obviously in the scene with Craius (sp?) and how she thought they would help and allow her back. Bit of a rough eye opening. Oh and Craius, what a b@stard, revenge for the brother. Such a personal reason to hate Chriton so much, and that's kind of awesome. You killed my brother. I don't like you, you die.

Loved how it was the dad's ring that saved them. Lucky indeed!

Now enough about JA, I love Rygel. He's so annoying and eats too much and complains and talks way too much about himself, and hey! I'm talkin about Rodeny McKay but regardless. I love Rygel and his assiness. (Love Rodney too). And Pilot, love her? It's a her, right? And Moya, I want that ship. Yeah it's got nothing defensive, but dude! It's a living ship and Starbursts. I want Moya. D'rgo and Zhan, cool, but *shrug* Not too into them yet.

EDIT: Oh, yeah! I love how they explain him begin to able to understand them!! Cuz, yay! Explination to how we are able to understand alien life is the one thing that I was always ppfftt about Stargate.
                            I agree with a lot of what you said Isa.

I think as far as first show of a series is concerned, it was pretty good. It made me want to watch the next episode but it wasn't as great as SG-1 or even some other shows that I religiously watch.

I wanted to watch this series because of CB and BB. I love them(obviously) both and was very interested to see how they acted together on Farscape since so many people talked about it. CB is very lucky to have chemistry like she does with her costars. I still see slightly more chemistry between her and MS, but the chemistry is still there between her and BB. Like Isa, I know enough to know that their relationship will really heat up once the series starts going.

Rygel is great. I never really put two and two together until you just said something, but he really is a McKay-esque character. I do like Zhaan. D'argo is alright but I am still not feeling him yet.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

John: You fart helium!

Dude, I forgot about the funnies!
                              banner by Stef

Comment

Aeryn: *looks at John's ship* What is that?
                                John: That's cutting edge technology.
                                Aeryn: We're taking me mine. *head to obviously surpeior ship*

(Just started watching, if you can't tell )
                                banner by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X