X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kamiikiteiru
    replied
    An episode a day! Okay, going to have to move a little quicker in my Farscape re-watching.

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    Let's Watch Farscape Together

Farscape Episode 2: I, E.T.

(Stole this from Stef's PU Discussion Night)

Let the discussion begin!! Remember to at least tell us:

1. Your favorite scene
    2. Your favorite picture/screen capture
    3. Your favorite quote (if any)
    I agreed with what was said. This is far down, almost bottom of fav eps. The actors were still getting used to the charaters and whatnot. And some of the editing on this ep makes me giggle it is so lame. Here are my thoughts on some things in spoilers for space purposes
    Spoiler:
    The eye twitch scene at the beginning: Okay sorry can I say Ben is not the best actor when it comes to eye twitching... sorry Ben... but I had to study twitches believe it or not... you are having muscle spasms... not twitches...

John "That looks like Earth" Australia to be exact John, but hey... whose to say an alien planet can't look like Australia.

Stargate moment... sorry... hard arse Aeryn not being so nice to alien John. Now who does that remind me of? Memento Mori, Mitchell and Vala.

Okay this has to be one of the dumbest scenes... its dark, they are in the woods, and people from the planet come... take cover! E.T. moment. They need a distraction so Aeryn and D'argo make noises. D'argo makes a good noise... a growl... but what the heck kind a noise does Aeryn make? If you listen to the commentary Claudia agrees with me...its a silly noise.

John tells the little boy he is from far away and the kid guesses space. If someone tells me they are from far away I would answer Greenland... silly little boy... tricks are for... oh... wait you are a kid... nevermind.

John "We chose you." Actually John you used some kind of Nintendo remote to find your way into her shed... you big fat liar.

Okay Aeryn and D'Argo are five feet from the ground and no one sees D's bright red suit?? By the by...anyone notice D'argo has one green eye and one not? The actor got some makeup cleaner stuff in his eye and could not tolerate a contact, but they put the other in. He was never able to wear the contact again. So he never went back to the bright green contacts. Also, Claudia is in a lot of pain in the tree scene. Her hand was smashed by the latter and she said she was close to tears through most of it.

If the front yard is filled with soldiers who might want to dissect you... don't look out the window at them John!

Okay when the kid finds John's comms in the barn/shed thing, there is this weird moment between them where they are staring at each other and the camera switches from both. Kid... John... kid... John... kid... John... makes me laugh cause it seems so silly. We get it! Or rather I don't get it... so stop with the staring!

Fav scene: The end with Aeryn asking if John missed that rock. Kinda cute.

Fav quote:John: "Well if she can't, she can't. We can stick our heads between our legs and kiss our asses goodbye... It's a saying!!"

Fav pic:

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Completely random, but my friend just showed me this video and I couldn't stop laughing. It's circa 1998, so I wonder how I missed it the first time around! Check out these smooth moves....

CLICK ME!

Don't tune out until you get to my favorite part at 2:40. I'm not even sure what's going on there....

-Stef
    Oh my gosh! I cracked up. And yet...it makes me want to listen to more of them. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyLikeaFox
    replied
    oh Kath, you and your spainard will be very happy together. Wait is he Spainish?
    BTW the vid of Nadal? SOOOOOOO Funny, what a geek

Leave a comment:

• Kath Pup
    replied
    Originally posted by Milena_D View Post

Hey Kath, awesome pics! Who the heck is this guy?
    Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    That my dear Milena, is Kath's current obsession Rafael Nadal, tennis player.
    Not any old tennis player; he is the world No.2, and about the only player to beat Federer on a regular basis. And he's hot as hell

I can think of worse obsessions

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied
    That my dear Milena, is Kath's current obsession Rafael Nadal, tennis player.

Leave a comment:

• Milena_D
    replied
    Good point about the episode thing hun, and I'm sure next week we'll be back to 2.8, but this was good enough to tie me over for now. For now, you hear, for now.
    I hear ya! FOR NOW!! *shakes fist threateningly at PTB*

Completely random, but my friend just showed me this video and I couldn't stop laughing. It's circa 1998, so I wonder how I missed it the first time around! Check out these smooth moves....

CLICK ME!

Don't tune out until you get to my favorite part at 2:40. I'm not even sure what's going on there....

-Stef
    Oh...oh my...oh my word...*snort* 2:44...that's just...wow. It's interesting what was cool just a little while ago eh? Oh my...

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
    Because Susan asked...

Hey Kath, awesome pics! Who the heck is this guy?

Leave a comment:

• Kath Pup
    replied
    Because Susan asked...

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied
    Hey Wendy!

Leave a comment:

• DJgirl
    replied
    Goooooood Morning!

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied

CLICK ME!

-Stef
    I think that says it all!

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
    Intentional repost cause just.....whoa I so wish this ship had been explored. Ah well there's always fic.
    BTW Isa still waiting on that crack fic don't think I've forgotten
    CRACK FICLETS!! Hence I need to finish them all before I post!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyLikeaFox
    replied
    Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
    Intentional repost cause just.....whoa I so wish this ship had been explored. Ah well there's always fic.
    BTW Isa still waiting on that crack fic don't think I've forgotten

Leave a comment:

• Stef
    replied

CLICK ME!

-Stef

Leave a comment:

• DJgirl
    replied
    I still have yet to watch Missing. My sister needed to catch up on the last couple of eps of SGA, and we are on Tabula Rosa right now, so Missing will be next.

Leave a comment:

• isabelqc
    replied
    Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    LoL, can't wait to see it But I wouldn't get too excited about the 38 extra minutes of Teyla, I'm quite confidant she'll move back down to 2-3 minutes next episode. JM says that in the first half of the season, everyone got their own episode so this was Teyla's. The SGA PU ep was Shep's I think, the Ronon-heavy one was Ronon's I think the next might be Sam's...
    Good point about the episode thing hun, and I'm sure next week we'll be back to 2.8, but this was good enough to tie me over for now. For now, you hear, for now.

Leave a comment:

• Milena_D
    replied
    okay Missing:

Not amazing, but not bad. We had character growth and Teyla got some interesting sub plots.

Spoiler:
    Keller was annoying at first. I swear the woman was Rodney McKay in female form with a bit of Carson thrown in. I loved how no-nonsense Teyla was. She was strong and taking charge, and hell that woman has upper body strength!

The ankle thing was *rolleyes*

Oh and we have cannibals! Gotta love the Hannibal Lecter's of the Pegasus Galaxy! As per usual we had the Teyla fight scenes being awesome. And well she looked pretty bad ass, though still not a big fan of the all leather look, but hey Teyla rocks the trench.

Oh, and Teyla being badass and no holds bar was interesting. I like how we're getting more insights into her character and RL was rocking it.

Hmmmm, the PGalaxy's version of the jack rabbit. Yummy.

Oh the Genii! It's always the Genii! And the Athosians!! *HUGS* Why!!! WHY!!!!! And again loves Teyla's look when she learned of her people.

Hee. JS's face was amusing when eating. And hee!!! R/T hints! That shippy side of me is happy. And awww Teyla lost her off world boyfriend whom we had never met and now will never meet. But I guess its kinda sweet and sad, and it was a nice Teyla moment. Plus the fact that Teyla's been getting nookie off-world, le awesome.

And we had McShep!! And McShep talking about fandom villians. I swear they make it harder for me not to love them in each episode.

Rodney: They did have that festival last night, maybe Teyla ejoyed it a bit too much. (not verbatim)
    Ronon: Yeah, that sounds like Teyla. *give look to Rodney*
    heh. Love Ronon this season.

Teyla is being protective of Keller, its kinda sweet. Dude, she kicks ass. The scene in the cage was sweet. Dude, is that Machete? It is Machete!!! AWESOME!!!!Total awesome.

And okay, so the episode plot twist. The Bollocia (sp?) are good, and not Hannibal Lecters? Again it all goes back to Genii, except not. That those mean wraith worshippers.

Rodney: Hey arrows can hurt!
    Ronon: Only if you're stuff enough to get hit in the ass with one.
    hee! BFF.

Ronon: That way.
    Rodney: why?
    Ronon: No reason.
    John: Good enough for me.

Keller: But first I need something to heal. *shoots*

And nice. From whiny to tough and not completely ridiculously done. Plus there was a nice Keller/Ronon moment and where have the Athosian gone?!? Interesting sub plot. And hi baby!

And can I say loving the jump from 2.9 mins to a full 40. Well done, TPTB, well done. *claps*

OH! And I just notice. No Sam. Didn't even miss her. And honestly, don't feel bad about it. (I think that says it all.)
    LoL, can't wait to see it But I wouldn't get too excited about the 38 extra minutes of Teyla, I'm quite confidant she'll move back down to 2-3 minutes next episode. JM says that in the first half of the season, everyone got their own episode so this was Teyla's. The SGA PU ep was Shep's I think, the Ronon-heavy one was Ronon's I think the next might be Sam's...

Leave a comment:

• poundpuppy29
    replied
    Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
    Where did this picture come from?!?!?!?!?!? How come I've never seen it before?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why am I using so many question and exclamation marks?!?!?!?!?!?!

-Stef
    Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
    You know, I do believe that I will have to investigate this ship further...
    Totally deserved a repost!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cam/Carolyn FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg, Stef!!! I think it's C/C!!!! They make us use multiple exclamation marks without our consent!!!
    Hence what fandom is for!!!!!!

And because I seem to have fics for everyone on my bookmarks, I give Cam/Carloyn fic!!!!!!

Hold Tight, Don't Breath, Here We Go by 6beforelunch.

Such a good fic exploring the would be relationship of Cam and Carolyn. And I kinda love how they involve Landry
    I decided to make a ship thread for this pair

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48559

Leave a comment:

Working...
X