X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorandum

To: All Interested Parties

I have updated and re-organized the biographies, added more reference material on the fleet operations, etc.

Comment

Dr. Roddy McKay

Colour: Blue

Birthday: April 18th, 1968 ( same as actor )

History:

In mid-April 2009, when I was starting to consider adopting a clone, this Rodney McKay clone was the one who caught my eye. He was wandering the beach, carrying a worn sports bag, avoiding people and looking lost and forlorn. I spotted him a couple of times after that, but couldn't get close to him. Then, on April 18th, when I went for a walk, I found him curled up on a bench, unconscious and feverish. I managed to wake him up and help him home to my apartment, where with the aid of a Beckett clone he slowly recovered over the next two months.

Roddy doesn't want to talk about what happened to him in the year or so before I found him, but he obviously went through a bad time that caused him to lose all confidence both in himself and other people. He may suffer from partial amnesia, both regarding the time he spent as a stray, and the past he shares with the original Rodney McKay. Evidence so far points to him being a season four clone.

Characteristics:

Roddy has the personality of a typical McKay clone: snarky and whiny. Like with the original, I assume most of the snark is a psychological defence mechanism. His recent past has caused him to lose all self-confidence, to the point where he sometimes has a tendency to subject himself to the same kind of treatment the original gives Dr. Zelenka.

He really doesn't seem like a very nice clone right now, but I hope, with a bit of patience, that I'll be able to bring out the good McKay qualities in him.

Hobbies:

Computers, tech, sci-fi, eating and slacking.

Relationships:

After the rough time he went through before I took him in, Roddy doesn't trust people. He sleeps on my sofa, eats my food, and hijacks my laptop, but won't let anybody get close to him, either emotionally or physically. I think he knows that I care, though, and will hopefully open up soon.

He treats Dane in the typical snarky McKay fashion, but I think deep down he envies the Daniel Jackson clone for keeping a positive outlook on life in spite of academic failure. The two doctors are beginning to find common ground in their research projects, though.

For unknown reasons, Roddy reacts very badly to Keller clones. I believe it has to do with some trauma in his early days as a clone.

Dr. Dane Jackson

Colour: Green

Birthday: July 8th, born in 1965, but the genetic sample used to create him was taken from the original in 1998 and kept in stasis for 10 years, so Dane is 10 years younger than the original Daniel Jackson.

History:

Soon after I adopted Roddy, I met Dane at a café in Lund. We talked a bit, and after that he started hanging out in my apartment a lot. I soon figured out that he'd lost his research grant for not doing anything the university actually classified as proper research. He had run out of money and was getting evicted. Having a soft spot for homeless strays, I invited him to sleep on my sofa.

Characteristics:

Dane is a season one Daniel clone, with the longish, floppy hair, geekiness and allergies that characterize early Daniels. Normally he wears glasses, but in the picture above, he was just going to bed. He's an idealist, a pacifist, and a bit scatter-brained, tending to get distracted by a fascinating idea and research it until he runs across an even more fascinating one, and he sometimes seems to live in his own little world.

He will, most likely, never grow into the kind of fighter that the original Daniel Jackson did as the seasons progressed. He reluctantly accepts the need for violence in certain situations, but he doesn't want to be the one actually dealing out that violence; he prefers to discuss and debate anything people might disagree on.

Hobbies:

Research, reading, also seems to enjoy nature walks. Is currently adding Swedish to his already impressive repertoire of languages.

Relationships:

Dane is a sweetheart, a bit shy but friendly, and tends to see the good in everybody. He's not naive to the point of being gullible, but his idealism can sometimes get the better of his common sense.

Even though he sympathizes with Roddy, the whining and snark is often getting on his last nerve. The two doctors are beginning to find common ground in their research projects, though.

He takes relationships very seriously and wants to be absolutely sure before committing to something. He prefers women, but has had some experiences with men.

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
        Added Dexie, though not much a bio yet.
        Yet, he's not in your sig.
        sigpic
        Awesome sig by Laura
        "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
        Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
          Yet, he's not in your sig.
          Oh I forgot. I think he's in with Mitchie and Pluffy.
          sigpic

Comment

Updated my clone bios to include Aurora and M. Rod...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....0&postcount=15
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
              Updated my clone bios to include Aurora and M. Rod...
              Good to see that I'm not the only one who enjoys McKay clones! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one... *hugs Roddy*

Comment

out of courstiy what do you mean by clones??

Comment

I'm sure somebody can explain it better than me, since I myself am new to this and don't understand everything, but they're basically characters in a very casual roleplaying game, and we pretend they are clones of the Stargate characters ( and other characters played by Stargate actors, for example MacGyver ).

Comment

Added Kitty. *ominous music*
                    sigpic
                    Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

Added Kitty. *ominous music*
                      Did she identify as evil yet?
                      sigpic

Comment

Did she identify as evil yet?
                        Results from her psych evaluations come in soon.
                        sigpic
                        Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

Comment

Maybe you should have had that before you adopted her
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post

Maybe you should have had that before you adopted her
                              Maybe... But she caught me by surprise!
                              sigpic
                              Awesome sig by Laura

The randomess that is me

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
                                out of courstiy what do you mean by clones??
                                Made up versions of the characters from the show or variations of the characters. They are for fun and play.

Comment

Working...
                                X