Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently reading SG1 Siren Song but next on my 'to read' list is to re-read the Chronicles of Narnia...

...what can I say? I'm a kid at heart
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      I always meant to read Fatherland and never got around to it, thanks for the reminder.
      It was made into a TV movie with Rutger Hauer and Miranda Richardson, the opening bit which was a montage of old newsreel clips and a Voice Over was REALLY creepy, it was all about what happened when D-Day failed, creepy stuff

Comment

...Harry Potter!!!! read it if you haven't already!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
          ...Harry Potter!!!! read it if you haven't already!!!
          There's someone out there who hasn't read Harry Potter?

Comment

^ yep....

Comment

I've read almost all of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels in order, starting with Discworld and up to the Wee Free Men.

I'd like to read Neil Gaiman's American Gods, but am holding off because I can't help but think it'll just turn out to be a darker version of TP's Small Gods.

Non fiction, I've recently read Eve's Seed, Freakanomics and The Human Factor.

I'm presently 30 pages into Mary Wollstonecraft's A Vindication of the Rights of Woman(published 1792)

I'm on the lookout for the audiobook, Their Eyes were watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                I've read almost all of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels in order, starting with Discworld and up to the Wee Free Men.

I'd like to read Neil Gaiman's American Gods, but am holding off because I can't help but think it'll just turn out to be a darker version of TP's Small Gods.

Non fiction, I've recently read Eve's Seed, Freakanomics and The Human Factor.

I'm presently 30 pages into Mary Wollstonecraft's A Vindication of the Rights of Woman(published 1792)

I'm on the lookout for the audiobook, Their Eyes were watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.
                I read American Gods a few months ago- don't hold off on it, read it!

Comment

There's someone out there who hasn't read Harry Potter?
                  *raises hand*
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

You should, if only to understand what it's all about and why certain elements in the Catholic church keep crying that it's trying to convert children to witchcraft. Makes me laugh. Reading in order might be your best bet-- Philosopher's Stone (no, wait, Sorcerer's Stone in the US), Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince.

My favourite authors are-- in the fantasy and sci-fi genres, I'd say David Eddings, Diane Duane and William Gibson. Mystery/crime drama-- Kathy Reichs, Mary Higgins Clark, Agatha Christie, Harlan Coben... I have a lot of favourites. My room is so full of books I have nowhere to put my clothes, and I don't think there's such a thing as having too many books.

Comment

Another good one is "The Sparrow" by Mary Doria Russell.

Comment

I'm currently reading Twighlight by Stephanie Meyers and I'm loving it.

Comment

There's someone out there who hasn't read Harry Potter
                          Me

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                            *raises hand*
                            *thinks of an evil plan to make Kirsten read the books..*

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                              *thinks of an evil plan to make Kirsten read the books..*
                              *points and laughs, 'cause she's 2,000 miles away*
                              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I DEVOUR books: for college i've read -->
                                Wuthering Heights
                                Return of the Native
                                Paradise Lost
                                Captain Corelli's Mandolin
                                Hamlet
                                Othello
                                Translations

And for pleasure:
                                The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (this is a FABULOUS book)
                                The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
                                The Sixth Lamentarion by William Brodrick
                                The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles

Well that's enough to be going on with... ahh I live for reading...
                                "Dad, what's the blowhole for?"
                                "I'll tell you what it's not for, Son. Then you'll understand why I can never go back to SeaWorld." ~ Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                                X