This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
    Indeed! All Christmases should be white! Love that song. Especially the Bing Crosby version!

It's a true classic come on!
    Thers's another version!!!

teehee!
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
      and an ummmmm what!!!

got a pix!!!! (just not one while you are wearing that scary mask!! aagghh!)
      um ... no, not really ...

i'd suggest you google it
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
        My favourite ornament is ... an acciaccatura (sp)
        Smartypants.

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
        I don't get it

Adrianne
        He's being a smartypants.
        sigpic
        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
          Smartypants.

He's being a smartypants.
          true ...

hey - we're in a musical thread
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

um ... no, not really ...

i'd suggest you google it
            teehee!!

i should have suspected????

nice, very nice!!!

teehee!
            sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

Thers's another version!!!

teehee!
              Good point

That's the thing... there are always a thousand versions of every song and if u don't like it it's more often than not cos of the artist not the song...

Comment

Good point

That's the thing... there are always a thousand versions of every song and if u don't like it it's more often than not cos of the artist not the song...
                True -- in most cases -- but who could not like Bing singing White Christmas!! *sigh*

teehee!
                sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

true ...

Okay, I'll grant you that.
                  sigpic
                  Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

True -- in most cases -- but who could not like Bing singing White Christmas!! *sigh*

teehee!
                    Okay, okay!!! You win!!! *Takes White Christmas off her list.*

But after what you said in the hangman...
                    46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                    sigpic
                    Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

true ...

LOL! I love it!!
                      46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                      sigpic
                      Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

OK guys!!!

Attention Everyone

Ainty's baby bro flies in from Canada tonight -- woohoo!!!! -- one of my best Christmas gifts each year!!! and soooooooooo!!! i will not be around this eve!!

OK OK stop the crying or ummmm cheering or ....

anyways -- the point!!!

be nice to GG and take it easy on her -- she's a DOC and we all know how delicate they can be!!!

teehee!

ohh!!! promise to stop in to at least fix page one for yah!!! have a nice evening and play nicely!!!
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

Round 13:

Do You Hear What I Hear?
                          Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
                          It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
                          Joy To The World
                          O Little Town of Bethlehem
                          The Little Drummer Boy

Favorite ornament: My parents, who are Catholic, have many many many Christmas ornaments, so many that they have to use them in rotation (especially as they now decorate a small artificial tree instead of a big real tree). Some of their ornaments are crystal - crystal angels, crystal icicles, etc. They had two sets of crystal bells that would ring if you jingled them... one was a set of three different-sized bells that would chime a chord, and the other was a cluster of five same-sized bells that (obviously) chimed the same note. When I was little, I wasn't allowed to touch any of the crystal ornaments because my parents were afraid I'd break them - so whenever they were out of the room, I played with the bells. Sure enough, I broke a couple of them...
                          I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

*grunt -- groan* ahh !! *drag* ouch!! *centers properly* *climbs short self up!!!* OK!!!
                            *AINTY ON HER SOAP BOX!!!*

Spoiler:
                            OK for those of you who keep insisting on voting for the most incredible, beautiful, heart wrenching, amazing Christmas Carol poke WT (poke)

here are a couple reditions -- my fave is Josh Groban *chills* Ainty's Fave!!

a close 2nd -- Celine!! also powerful

The lyrics!! just in case!!

this one just resounds the hope Christmas represents!!! *sigh*

Its really so simple -- he just wants us to be Happy -- why do we always want to make it sooooo complicated!

His law is love and His gospel is peace
                            Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother
                            And in His name all oppression shall cease

anyone still here!!!

ok done!!!

Merry Christmas all!!! Tis the Season to celebrate and have great fun sooooo lets PARTY!!!! WOOHOO!!!
                            teehee!
                            That's one of my faves too, so I won't be voting for it. I'm used to hearing it sung with a full choir and a faster beat though. Mum is a mezzo soprano and at 70 still sings in the church choir and the seniors choir. My absolute favourite is Gloria in Excelsis Deo, once again sung with a full choir.

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                            My favorite ornament is a ceramic Platypus with a Santa hat that I ran across quite by accident. I don't know how it is in Australia, but around here it is VERY difficult to find platypus anything. My collection isn't very big, I'm afraid....(at least compared to my sister's collection of rabbits).

Oh Holy Night is my favorite Christmas carol, too! The first verse always makes me cry. I had high hopes at the beginning when it wasn't getting any votes, but I'm a bit worried now. I know it can be a difficult song to sing--and an oh-so-easy song to mangle, but when it's done right, there is nothing more beautiful. And appropriate to the season.
                            Oh! Oh! Do you have a photo of the platypus??? You don't see a lot of platypuses around, people tend to like koalas and kangaroos better.

I just checked the list and the only good song that is left is White Christmas!! wow... didn't think so many would like the religious xmas songs
                            I've heard the religious ones since I was born and heard some fantastic arrangements so I guess Mum's brainwashed me to an extent

My favourite ornament is ... an acciaccatura (sp)
                            LOL good one!!!

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                            I don't get it

Adrianne
                            It is a musical term that is called either a grace note or an ornament note
                            -

Comment

OK guys!!!

Attention Everyone

Ainty's baby bro flies in from Canada tonight -- woohoo!!!! -- one of my best Christmas gifts each year!!! and soooooooooo!!! i will not be around this eve!!

OK OK stop the crying or ummmm cheering or ....

anyways -- the point!!!

be nice to GG and take it easy on her -- she's a DOC and we all know how delicate they can be!!!

teehee!

ohh!!! promise to stop in to at least fix page one for yah!!! have a nice evening and play nicely!!!

Yip....um......that's too bad ainty. *waves to brother flying in from Canada for Christmas* Have a fantastic time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                I've heard the religious ones since I was born and heard some fantastic arrangements so I guess Mum's brainwashed me to an extent
                                Aw but Rox... think of the bear! Won't u? Can't u?

Comment

Working...
                                X