ben browder and
    claudia black

Don't wake me up! I like it here in my dream world
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
      First off, Hello.

Secondly, I would like to apologise to any/all non-shippers about my post in the SAGC thread, regarding the CTV newscast 200th episode. When I made that post, I was happy that RDA was back and all that. But there was another reason.

I have caught-up reading posts. I saw in the Sam thread that one poster
      had used a screencap of Amanda and RDA on the ramp (?) and in my haste, I
      wanted people to see that part. When that part was on, I saw how relaxed she was, glowing and when she smiled it was one of her mega-watt ones.
      I hate to wax on but, it was almost like AT could replace the sun that her character blew up.

Again, I apologise to non-shippers. I hope in my zeal the next time I'll do better.
      i'm on the sam thread everyday, but i don't know what you're talking about?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

wow, insight on the commentary. thanks golf, and please, come in and whinge to your hearts' content

this might point out another one of coop's failings...no, not to keep picking on coop but, part of his job as show runner is to keep a creative control on the show. if he thought that the script was a POS, then it shoulda been tossed into the shredder and joe locked in his office until he wrote a real stargate eps

so, yeah, the main fault might be in the writing, but the ultimate fault lies in creative control, or lack thereof

TTTB came off more to me like a half baked pilot of some POS space farce, possibly concerning pirates...just without the jack sparrow to keep it interesting
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          wow, insight on the commentary. thanks golf, and please, come in and whinge to your hearts' content

this might point out another one of coop's failings...no, not to keep picking on coop but, part of his job as show runner is to keep a creative control on the show. if he thought that the script was a POS, then it shoulda been tossed into the shredder and joe locked in his office until he wrote a real stargate eps

so, yeah, the main fault might be in the writing, but the ultimate fault lies in creative control, or lack thereof

TTTB came off more to me like a half baked pilot of some POS space farce, possibly concerning pirates...just without the jack sparrow to keep it interesting
          i agree.

the buck stops with him.

he's the director, creator, father, boss, head honcho, lord, lead brain, and all-around man to go to. *he* is the final word. *he* is the conductor of the orchestra. the blame starts and stops with him, whether it seems fair or not.

on another note (so i don't have to make another post)...

we sam fans know that the leadership issue is supposed to be dealt with in season 10. how many of you think *sam* will come out the winner in this so-called dealing with?

really, what do you guys think?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm? POS does that stand for what I put in my agitator

Edit: to add to Sally's post. I hope so but with these buffoo..guys you can never tell
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Hmmm? POS does that stand for what I put in my agitator

Edit: to add to Sally's post. I hope so but with these buffoo..guys you can never tell
              Point of Service? I don't think so.

Geez! It's a joke!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                we sam fans know that the leadership issue is supposed to be dealt with in season 10. how many of you think *sam* will come out the winner in this so-called dealing with?

sally
                that they'll screw her over and perpetrate the 'males must lead the poor weak females' stereotype

as long as coop is in charge, they will not have a strong independant woman on the show. she will either be submissive to the man, or a farce to entertain the men

sigpic

Comment

I agree totally that the showrunner bears the final responsibility for whatever product is being put out. And that person is Cooper. Without a doubt, he's the man with the blame on his shoulders.

I'm so critical of Mallozzi in this instance because he's not the new guy, he's not just trying to write acceptable stuff anymore. He's been a writer on the show for five years now and an executive producer for two. I know that these guys are producing an enormous amount of television in a rather short period of time. But I find it sort of hard to expect any greater effort out of Cooper or Wright at this point. (Of course, Coop did just start directing, so what do I know?) When The Ties That Bind was being made, Cooper was writing/producing Avalon, Avalon II, Origin, and Runner, as well as supposedly helping Martin Gero with The Powers That Be. If he can't count on his other executive producer to do a better job on a single episode than what we got with The Ties That Bind, then the show is in serious trouble.

I'm just frustrated with the fact that Joe seems relatively incapable of writing anything that's not laced with or dependent upon his unique brand of humor, fortuitious timing, and deus ex machina endings. TTTB, Ex Deus Machina, TFH II, Ripple Effect, and The Scourge all lack a quality ending. They're all finished up with various quick fixes--a souped up cargo ship, the asgard transporter, Garak's sudden turn around, a magic asgard weapon, and again, the asgard transporter. I hate that in all these episodes SG-1 is completely unresponsible for coming up with a solution or getting themselves out of a jam. Maybe I'm being overly harsh, but the quality of Joe's stuff in season nine seems abysmally low to me. Couple that with his Atlantis offerings of Intruder and The Tower, and I'm thinking M&M are the weak link in the writer's room.

It's not like I have an axe to grind with Joe Mallozzi; I loved Descent, Window of Opportunity, Chain Reaction, and Revelations. The Curse is a great episode, and there's great Carter stuff in Desperate Measures. Hell, I even liked both of his clip shows, Disclosure and Inauguration. He's capable of putting out better material. Hopefully season nine is just a low point and he'll bounce back in season ten.

Although, he did write Smoke and Mirrors. And you all know how I feel about
                  Smoke and Mirrors. (Nice shot, Teal'c!)

Comment

Ok, right. Continue whining.

I've seen this all over the place and need to ask. Is "whinge" an alternate spelling for "whine" in some obviously mixed up European nation? It could very well be something I'm completely unfamliar with; I've certainly seen it often enough online that I'm questioning my own possibly mixed up notion that "whine" is spelled like "whine" and only like "whine". God, can I whine or can I whine?

Although, I love the fact that everytime I come to this thread I read the title as "The Samanda Wing Nuts". I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly fit that description. It feels like home to me. (The mental home.)

Comment

you know, it might not totally be joe...it could be that, last i knew, joe and paul, who used to be partners, are now writing a lot on thier own - due to time restraints

maybe the 'lack' of quality that we see or feel is attributal to several sources

joe's writing without paul's input
                      rob's lack of time/ability to throughly vet the scrips
                      pressure from the network

it's also very possible that joe depended on paul a lot to keep his scripts on the straight and narrow

as to whinge...yeah, it's a brit word,and i chose it just to play onthe pun of 'wing nuts'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                        Although, I love the fact that everytime I come to this thread I read the title as "The Samanda Wing Nuts". I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly fit that description. It feels like home to me. (The mental home.)
                        i don't know what it says, i don't know how to pronounce it, and i think it's 'wing nuts' too.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          on another note (so i don't have to make another post)...

sally
                          Ooooooohhhhhh you should Soooo not wave the leadership red flag under my nose

Sam is gonna lose out. So long as TPTB (includes the financial backers) persist with their outdated "men must be first thinking" (coincides with the thought processes behind the old thinking that women aren't capable of voting; shouldn't be paid the same for doing the same job; should be seen and not heard etc etc) Sam won't lead.

I am hoping that the gutless wonders will at least define Sam's position at the SGC and it won't be as 2IC of SG-1 (an ultimate insult and career killer), but I'm sure not holding my breath. I'm calling them gutless wonders because having made the decision to take the lead off Sam they didn't have the backbone to commit themselves to her actual position - I guess they were leaving themselves a little wiggle room to see how the fans would react. Not knowing what the actual pecking order is in TPTB, I'd say that the money was demanding BB be front and centre and Coop caved but some of the other TPTB saw problems with it but couldn't do anything about it, hence the ambiguity. Call me delusional but I'd like to think that some of them could see how wrong it was Yes, I am laying the "blame" at Coop's feet because he was the showrunner and is ultimately the one responsible.

I have thought of changing to the TIIC acronym but I find it an insult to idiots, I think I'll stick with TPTB (Totally Puerile Trifling Buffoons) it is more fitting.

Wow - I think I got out of bed on the wrongside this morning
                          Oh well, I'll cheer up after some more coffee
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            Ok, right. Continue whining.

I've seen this all over the place and need to ask. Is "whinge" an alternate spelling for "whine" in some obviously mixed up European nation? It could very well be something I'm completely unfamliar with; I've certainly seen it often enough online that I'm questioning my own possibly mixed up notion that "whine" is spelled like "whine" and only like "whine". God, can I whine or can I whine?

We tend to use whinge a lot here in Australia rather than whine, I'm not sure why, it's quite common to be called a whinger. Maybe I should make a trip to the dictionary and see if there is any real difference with the words.
                            -

Comment

you know, it might not totally be joe...it could be that, last i knew, joe and paul, who used to be partners, are now writing a lot on thier own - due to time restraints

maybe the 'lack' of quality that we see or feel is attributal to several sources

joe's writing without paul's input
                              rob's lack of time/ability to throughly vet the scrips
                              pressure from the network

it's also very possible that joe depended on paul a lot to keep his scripts on the straight and narrow

as to whinge...yeah, it's a brit word,and i chose it just to play onthe pun of 'wing nuts'
                              I'm sure that that's a part of it. There's a reason that Joe and Paul used to write together. And Joe himself has stated that Paul Mullie used to keep him reined in and on track. But after admitting and realizing that he has a tendency to let himself get caught up in "funny" parts of the scripts, wouldn't you think he'd make an extra effort to tone it down? Wouldn't you say to yourself, "Ok, I'm on my own with this one, I should make sure that I don't get too carried away"? Meh, I'm done with it. I feel like I'm just needlessly bashing here, and I really don't want to do that.

I do think that everyone up there at Bridge is seriously overworked. 40 hours of tv in 8 or 9 months is just nuts. I don't know why TPTB don't just push it all back and give themselves the time they need. Scifi apparently allowed Galactica to push back their premiere date once that show started having production problems. I have a hard time believing that the network just has to have 20 new episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis ready to go for a July premeire, especially considering that Bridge is twice as busy as the Galactica production. Now, I realize that it could be Bridge who needs the episodes done by then, possibly to keep the syndication schedule on track or whatever. But from my limited and ignorant fan's point of view I just don't get it.

Comment

you would think that joe could be enough of a professional to realize and do what he can to correct his weaknesses.

i have a bad habit of doing that too....when i 'write' fic in my head, i do usually have things too angsty or too OTT...then i sit back and go 'damn, ok, let's marty sue her a little bit more shall we????' and tone things down

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X