Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Samanda Whinge nuts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by SunKrux
    Uh, no.
    Grits are made from CORN.
    Cream of WHEAT is you guessed it, made from WHEAT. In case no one told ya.

    Trust me, I love both.
    Although hominy is in the corn family it tastes nothing like corn. <shudder> Though I like grits. If they aren't instant nad are very fresh. I'm slowly getting more used to Southern food. The family is from the North.

    Love:

    Sweet Iced Tea - (God help me NOT instant) - Try Chik-Fil-A's
    Cornbread - Fresh moist and slightly sweet. Not grainy.
    Grits - I almost passed out when I liked them after 10 years of periodic "trying"
    Chicken Fried Steak aka Heart Attack on a Plate.

    But mom got me first on PA Dutch food - except scrapple

    Can't remember more at the mo.

    Suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

    Comment


      Originally posted by SunKrux
      Happily I can say NO to this. However, my pop tried time and again to get me to eat boiled okra ::gack:: and tried to get me to eat tripe ::double gack::. I'm not interested in boiled snot (that's what boiled okra reminded me of when he'd sit and eat it out of the pot. N A S T Y!) Tripe...just smells awful and I'm not about to eat it...I don't care how tastey people think it might be.

      OooH! Fried okra and fried green tomatoes.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Skydiver
        see, i'd rather have chocolate covered nuts



        peanuts, almonds
        I'm glad you clarifyed there, Sky. My mind went in.... other.... places.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Skydiver
          see, i'd rather have chocolate covered nuts



          peanuts, almonds
          Geez. Just when I'd almost recovered.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by suse
            Although hominy is in the corn family it tastes nothing like corn. <shudder> Though I like grits. If they aren't instant nad are very fresh. I'm slowly getting more used to Southern food. The family is from the North.

            Love:

            Sweet Iced Tea - (God help me NOT instant) - Try Chik-Fil-A's
            Cornbread - Fresh moist and slightly sweet. Not grainy.
            Grits - I almost passed out when I liked them after 10 years of periodic "trying"
            Chicken Fried Steak aka Heart Attack on a Plate.

            But mom got me first on PA Dutch food - except scrapple

            Can't remember more at the mo.

            Suse
            Sweet cornbread is sacriligious. Give me mine with no sugar, and a tall glass of cold milk.
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by suse
              OooH! Fried okra and fried green tomatoes.
              Umm Hmmm. Delicious.
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by KatG
                Sweet cornbread is sacriligious. Give me mine with no sugar, and a tall glass of cold milk.
                Unsweet cornbread tastes like cardboard. Give me sweet any day!

                My LJ

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Unsweet cornbread tastes like cardboard. Give me sweet any day!
                  It's even better with about 30 tons of butter. Anything tastes better with butter. (PA Dutch food roots showing) Especially if it's bready.

                  Milk with cornbread? Not buttermilk? ::shudder:: Buttermilk is great to cook with, but to drink? Bleck.

                  Suse loves milk. Moo. And steak. MOO.

                  My favorite day at work is Dairy Day. Free samples of cheese, milk (Chocolate!) ice cream...Yum.


                  Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

                  Comment


                    Seriously, you guys are giving me a heart attack
                    sigpic

                    my fanfic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by suse
                      Milk with cornbread? Not buttermilk? ::shudder:: Buttermilk is great to cook with, but to drink? Bleck.


                      Suse
                      Nope. Buttermilk goes in the cornbread. Regular milk is for drinking with it.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Unsweet cornbread tastes like cardboard.
                        Not if you mash it up in the collards!

                        Comment


                          I don't want to go to the gym.

                          I should go to the gym.

                          But I don't WANNNA go to the gym.


                          WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by DEM
                            Not if you mash it up in the collards!
                            Oh yes. Especially the broth from the collards or turnip greens, better known as pot likker (I have no idea how that's actually spelled).
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              I'd always assumed it was spelled 'liquor', KatG.

                              Oh, hey, look here: "A rich broth resulting from the prolonged cooking of meat or vegetables, especially greens. Also called pot liquor."

                              mmm mmm, good eatin!

                              Comment


                                Deejay Go To The Gym!

                                then come home and have a nice lean grilled chicken breast (skin removed) with broccoli steamed in a little bit of oil and garlic and a nice baked potato, garnished with salsa (no sour cream allowed!) and a nice cup of green tea afterwards.

                                There how is that for a healthy meal
                                sigpic

                                my fanfic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X