Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Samanda Whinge nuts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by golfbooy
    OK, I'll bite. ...
    Good post golfbooy.

    And another piece to add to the ' conspiracy theory' - the odd and late-in-the-day manner of their treatment of AT re. her contract for season 9 10.
    Last edited by scarimor; 29 August 2006, 12:55 AM.
    scarimor

    Comment


      Originally posted by DEM
      p.s. Cold Lazarus is on SciFi. Now, I know this is not a major fan favourite (which i've never quite understood), but in terms of organic character (incl. the team) development, it puts anything & everything in S9 to shame.
      If I remember correctly, when it first aired Cold Lazurus wasn't one of my favorite episodes, but when I go back and watch now, I love it. It was very important in Jack's character development.
      sigpic

      Comment


        i think that the B@B were seriously gonna take some of the suggestions made on this very thread - no, i'm not saying that they read this thread, jsut that thier ideas were similar to ours

        several of us had said if they wanted to make the show more long-lived and accepting of changes they needed to take the focus away from a small set of actors and make it more general.

        Kinda like law and order where the focus is on the cases adn teh story and very little on the characters themselves.

        they needed to make the show self-sustaining and to do that they needed to take the focus off the actors adn the team and on the, in this case, command itself.

        I think that the B@B were trying to make the show a long running and self-sustaining one and avoid the pitfalls of 'it won't survive without daniel' 'jack's departure will kill it' 'i won't watch without amanda'

        then, imho, skiffy stuck thier meddling hands in and forced the B@B to revamp things to how skiffy felt they should be

        a cliche ridden, sexist spoof. vala's nympho act is courtesy of skiffy, so is cam in command and 'lt colonel screw up' not to mention landry's daddy issues

        despite skiffy's petulant 'if we can't air it, no one can' clause, i have to honestly say, i would LOVE to see the show move elsewhere, if i knew that all those changes that i so disliked were a result of skiffy's meddling and - free of that - the show just might go back to the quality it used to be

        however, if cambo and vala the ho is coop's idea of fantastic tv, then good for those that enjoyed it, but it's not what i'd call entertainment and i'm happy to see it end and them given the opportunity to start fresh

        Depending on how the contract is worded, there COULD be a loophole. if it says that 'stargate sg-1' can only air on scifi, then it's POSSIBLE that if they rename the show - rebrand it like they wanted to two years ago - it could move elsewhere and not violate skiffy's contract

        but i do agree with folks, it is all about the money and the recent news and the cancellation is likely exactly like farscape.

        skiffy wanted one thing, mgm wanted another, there was an impasse so skiffy played thier 'trump card' and cancelled the show. Jsut like they did with farscape when they couldn't 'win' with Henson
        Where in the World is George Hammond?


        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by scarimor
          Good post golfbooy.

          And another piece to add to the ' conspiracy theory' - the odd and late-in-the-day manner of their treatment of AT re. her contract for season 9.

          I think you meant to say S10.

          Especially as Claudia Black had been approached by RCC about possibly continuing with her character (I believe the term used was worshiped 'workshopped') in the next season/incarnation of the franchise while they were filming her guest eps in early season 9.

          If they had planned to have AT over in Atlantis so much would that mean CB would have been the female lead on SG-1?

          SUse
          Last edited by suse; 29 August 2006, 08:36 PM.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

          Comment


            Originally posted by suse
            I think you meant to say S10.
            Good catch. I meant season 10 - thanks

            *goes back to edit*
            scarimor

            Comment


              Originally posted by suse
              I think you meant to say S10.

              Especially as Claudia Black had been approached by RCC about possibly continuing with her character (I believe the term used was worshiped 'workshopped') in the next season/incarnation of the franchise while they were filming her guest eps in early season 9.

              If they had planned to have AT over in Atlantis so much would that mean CB would have been the female lead on SG-1?

              SUse
              LOL suse. Worship.

              Yes, I think that was their (Sci Fi and MGM's) joint plan all along. Perhaps it was the one thing where everyone from SciFi/MGM/Bridge was on the same page. Or maybe not. Maybe RCC felt compelled to take Sci Fi's suggestions. Maybe no one at Bridge liked the idea but EVERYONE at MGM and Sci Fi loved the idea of "workshopping" these two actors into the fold - particularly CB. Who's to say that MGM didn't find it advantageous to grab the Farscape crowd in the likely event that they'd be moving on to greener pastures and bigger screens?

              And if it's relatively apparent to us when we're so incredibly far removed from the situation, I'd imagine it was glaringly apparent to everyone at the studio, on set and at the network... which makes CB's recent comments about AT in the official mag very interesting. It looks like CB knew what was planned all along - heck, they all did, right? - and she seemed very grateful that any working relationship with AT wasn't harmed because of those plans.

              It's good to know egos didn't get in the way for those two.




              That wasn't much of a whinge, was it?

              Comment


                Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                LOL suse. Worship.

                Yes, I think that was their (Sci Fi and MGM's) joint plan all along. Perhaps it was the one thing where everyone from SciFi/MGM/Bridge was on the same page. Or maybe not. Maybe RCC felt compelled to take Sci Fi's suggestions. Maybe no one at Bridge liked the idea but EVERYONE at MGM and Sci Fi loved the idea of "workshopping" these two actors into the fold - particularly CB. Who's to say that MGM didn't find it advantageous to grab the Farscape crowd in the likely event that they'd be moving on to greener pastures and bigger screens?

                And if it's relatively apparent to us when we're so incredibly far removed from the situation, I'd imagine it was glaringly apparent to everyone at the studio, on set and at the network... which makes CB's recent comments about AT in the official mag very interesting. It looks like CB knew what was planned all along - heck, they all did, right? - and she seemed very grateful that any working relationship with AT wasn't harmed because of those plans.

                It's good to know egos didn't get in the way for those two.




                That wasn't much of a whinge, was it?
                Oooh, I missed that one Got a link?
                sigpic

                my fanfic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Oooh, I missed that one Got a link?
                  Uh oh! I don't have a link per se... One of the lovely Samandans posted on it in the thread a long while back... Sorry! I'll check to see if I can find it, though, OK?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Uh oh! I don't have a link per se... One of the lovely Samandans posted on it in the thread a long while back... Sorry! I'll check to see if I can find it, though, OK?
                    that's okay Spazzy, you don't have to go to the trouble
                    sigpic

                    my fanfic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Uh oh! I don't have a link per se... One of the lovely Samandans posted on it in the thread a long while back... Sorry! I'll check to see if I can find it, though, OK?
                      Is this the one you were talking about?

                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=50413


                      NC

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Is this the one you were talking about?

                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=50413


                        NC
                        Thank you, I missed that the first time round.
                        scarimor

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          Is this the one you were talking about?

                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=50413


                          NC
                          Yes! Thank ya, kindly. You're always so good with posting the mag scoop when you get them.

                          Comment


                            Wow, just had a brief moment to catch up on this thread and you guys have made some really debatable and believable points of just what did happen regarding the direction of S9 and 10 ...

                            I found the "MM" regarding early Mitchell particularly telling. Yes, he should have been kept a major and Sam should have been kept in command. That was then, this is now.

                            I read elsewhere that the final scripts for S10 are still being written.

                            Would any of you care to project just how you see the series wrapping up? Just what do you think will happen?

                            Finally, RL versus fantasy ... what do you want to happen in the final episodes (which will probably not occur)?

                            Peace, CG

                            Comment


                              I'd like them to wrap up the Ori storyline, but I don't want the (real) team all going their separate ways. I'd like to be left with the sense that Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c will still work together and will remain close friends even though we won't be seeing them. Maybe we can leave off with the 4 of them going off on some new assignment? I don't know how you can top them all going fishing at the end of S8.
                              And hold onto your hat Sally--I wouldn't even mind some nod to the idea of Sam and Jack being together. But I don't want to *see* a wedding.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by jckfan55
                                I'd like them to wrap up the Ori storyline, but I don't want the (real) team all going their separate ways. I'd like to be left with the sense that Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c will still work together and will remain close friends even though we won't be seeing them. Maybe we can leave off with the 4 of them going off on some new assignment? I don't know how you can top them all going fishing at the end of S8.
                                And hold onto your hat Sally--I wouldn't even mind some nod to the idea of Sam and Jack being together. But I don't want to *see* a wedding.
                                Actually, in my current fanfic, I have them going their separate ways at the very end (of S8): Sam into research in Area 51 (and closer to Cassie), Daniel now traveling as a professor of archaeology - lecturing and doing worldwide research, and Teal'c becoming a prime leader of the Jaffa Nation while also becoming a first-time grandfather.

                                I would like S10 to somehow bring them together for maybe a retirement party for Jack which would imply that he's stepping down and now in a relationship with Sam. A farewell party for Jack would bring so many of the original cast back, including surprise guests like Maybourne and Major Davis and maybe even Kinsey ... Lord knows, did we ever find out what happened to his arc?! Of course, Hammond would come for the party too. I agree with you that the fishing scene at Jack's cabin kinda said it all around the main four players and now the show has gone beyond that. Let Jack retire again FCOL! We all know he isn't cut out to be a paper pusher at the Pentagon.

                                As to the main villains, the Ori and Vala's daughter ... the only solution (canonically) seems to be finding Merlin's hidden weapon ... yowza! The whole Arthurian legend thing is so b-o-r-i-n-g and inane to me but it seems that's what's left for the writers. Slim pickings IMHO. Do they kill the evil spawn of Vala off at the end? I'm betting not. Somehow she will be redeemed.

                                It's really sad because none of the new arc of S9-10 interests me at all. I just want to know what happens to Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c at the very end! I have loved these four SG1 characters from S1 and they are the flesh and blood of Stargate SG1 ... let's hope the writers bring their arcs to closure and do it well at the end of the last season. Maybe Daniel or Sam will be re-assigned duty on Atlantis as some have suggested.

                                I respect that you have no shipper inclinations and yet are willing to entertain the possibility that Jack and Sam may be together in a relationship too when this all plays out. My bet is that, even then, the writers and studio will not go in that direction. Episode 200 will probably be as close as it gets. Subtle hints would do the trick - both still professionals but personally involved because Sam would be outside Jack's chain of command.

                                If not, at least the four veterans getting the final screen time and respect they deserve.
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 September 2006, 01:17 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X