• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix
    I feel sorry for the RDA fans,
    Spoiler:
    who are hoping to see Jack back again.
    Amen to that! RDA is being minimized in terms of his role with SG-1 in Season 10.
    Originally posted by Skydiver
    quite frankly when i hear the lines about 'gift to the fans' or 'poking fun' all i can think of is humiliating, berating, belittling, disrespecting, mocking and thumbing thier noses at us and our opinoins

it'll be nice if i'm wrong, but given the attitude from various interviews and the like, i'm not expecting any sort of fun poking, i'm expecting to be mocked and belittled and be treated like the victim of the school yard bully, complete with wedgies, swirlies and someone video taping my humiliation and putting it up on youtube cause, you know, it's funny

putting mitch and vala as the scarecrow and dorothy....it's pretty much a bite me to the fans
    then again,these boys think bully and humiliation humor is fun, did you really expect anything else????

i wonder if anyone strained any muscles patting themselves on the back

Comment

Hey, y'all, I want to ask about or discuss something, but I have a feeling this could be a delicate iss-ewe. So I'll use spoiler tags.
      Spoiler:
      Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that AT and BBr have virtually zero 'chemistry'? I was just trying to rewatch Insiders and they were... off. Clunk, snooze, thud. Seems to be a trend over the past few eps. IMO.

I'm not trying to start a war or disrespect anyone, so please don't take it that way.

Comment

Ok it has been 3 days since I have seen the insiders and I am still upset... I never had that for anything before...I always saw something positive in it but now...nope I really have nothing and everything I come up with just get another not so happy thing again.
        I really am thinking about stop watching SG cause I know they will fool us again and they will just make me more and more upset...
        I mean I really am wondering if they do it on purpose. They can not honestly believe they are pleasing the fans?!?!
        I mean if they really think that they just have to be blind!!! Or just to dumb to understand it, and IMO they are not dumb...cause they can do write some great scenes with other characters so why not with Sam??? or just the old cast...I mean it is not only Sam who has become another person....

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          Hey, y'all, I want to ask about or discuss something, but I have a feeling this could be a delicate iss-ewe. So I'll use spoiler tags.
          Spoiler:
          Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that AT and BBr have virtually zero 'chemistry'? I was just trying to rewatch Insiders and they were... off. Clunk, snooze, thud. Seems to be a trend over the past few eps. IMO.

I'm not trying to start a war or disrespect anyone, so please don't take it that way.
          Spoiler:
          I dont think anyone on the team has chemistry anymore
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            Spoiler:
            Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that AT and BBr have virtually zero 'chemistry'? I was just trying to rewatch Insiders and they were... off. Clunk, snooze, thud. IMO

I haven't seen the episode... but if they don't... then "Thank God"... otherwise, they'd be shipping them!

Comment

You know I haven't even told my Dad what this episode is going to be about.
              Since TPTB want an un-biased opinion based just upon the episode and not an online one, I'll know within 10/15 mins. if he tells me to turn off the show.

Because even a 90 year old man who loves the show, may say it's over.

Comment

Thanks to Geogirl from another sci-fi forum who created this poster ages ago and I feel it's a very fitting tribute to the REAL team ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamDorothy.jpg

Somewhere over the rainbow
                There was a show
                That we all loved and cherished
                Where just oh where did it go ...

I am totally fed up with TPTB.
                Spoiler:
                No wonder they've had Vala wearing those silly pigtails all season ... they were priming us for the Dorothy manifestation in the 200th episode. Blah!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  Ok it has been 3 days since I have seen the insiders and I am still upset... I never had that for anything before...I always saw something positive in it but now...nope I really have nothing and everything I come up with just get another not so happy thing again.
                  I really am thinking about stop watching SG cause I know they will fool us again and they will just make me more and more upset...
                  I mean I really am wondering if they do it on purpose. They can not honestly believe they are pleasing the fans?!?!
                  I mean if they really think that they just have to be blind!!! Or just to dumb to understand it, and IMO they are not dumb...cause they can do write some great scenes with other characters so why not with Sam??? or just the old cast...I mean it is not only Sam who has become another person....
                  Here's the hard part... It's a new show... under the name of the old one. And that's creating all sorts of problems. Loyal fans see new SG-1 episodes listed in the TV Guide, and they want to tune in and have fun with their favorite show. But it's *not* their favorite show. It's a new show. It could have been the old favorite, but it's not. They changed it - drastically. But they left the name the same.

It's created all sorts of mixed feelings in me. Excitement when new spoilers come out. Dread when new spoilers come out. Excitement when a new episode airs. Dread when a new episode airs. Add in that I feel guilty.. that I'm not the good loyal fan that I should be - because I hate what they've done to SG-1 and it's history and tapestry and characters.

If they had started a completely new Stargate series, I would have watched the first few episodes, decided if I liked it, and then decided whether or not to watch any more episodes. I don't watch Atlantis, and I don't feel guilty about betraying Stargate. Atlantis just isn't for me. So if they created another new series, I'd give it a go and see if I wanted to watch it. If I did - great. If I didn't, then I wouldn't hate the Stargate franchise, nor feel disloyal.

But they didn't create a whole new series with a new name.
                  No, they created new characters, foisted them onto SG-1 (and it's fans) and then expected the SG-1 fan base to be OK with their favorite characters of 8 seasons being sidelined and minimized (and in some cases, self-destructing).

I hate the fact that it makes me feel disloyal to not like Stargate anymore.

And I really hate the fact that I still have hope every time new episode spoilers come out or a new episode airs. Because I am now repeatedly let down, disappointed and pissed off when the episode actually airs.

Evil? I don't think so.

Sad? Yes.

Not in control? Absolutely.

Watching something like a slo-mo train wreck? Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Here's the hard part... It's a new show... under the name of the old one. And that's creating all sorts of problems. Loyal fans see new SG-1 episodes listed in the TV Guide, and they want to tune in and have fun with their favorite show. But it's *not* their favorite show. It's a new show. It could have been the old favorite, but it's not. They changed it - drastically. But they left the name the same.

It's created all sorts of mixed feelings in me. Excitement when new spoilers come out. Dread when new spoilers come out. Excitement when a new episode airs. Dread when a new episode airs. Add in that I feel guilty.. that I'm not the good loyal fan that I should be - because I hate what they've done to SG-1 and it's history and tapestry and characters.

If they had started a completely new Stargate series, I would have watched the first few episodes, decided if I liked it, and then decided whether or not to watch any more episodes. I don't watch Atlantis, and I don't feel guilty about betraying Stargate. Atlantis just isn't for me. So if they created another new series, I'd give it a go and see if I wanted to watch it. If I did - great. If I didn't, then I wouldn't hate the Stargate franchise, nor feel disloyal.

No, they created new characters, foisted them onto SG-1 (and it's fans) and then expected the SG-1 fan base to be OK with their favorite characters of 8 seasons being sidelined and minimized (and in some cases, self-destructing).

And I really hate the fact that I still have hope every time new episode spoilers come out or a new episode airs. Because I am now repeatedly let down, disappointed and pissed off when the episode actually airs.

Evil? I don't think so.

Sad? Yes.

Vampire.
                    Stargate has been turned into the undead version of itself. It must be made fully dead. It needs a steak driven in its heart so its soul can be at peace.
                    The only Evil here is the animated undead remains of SG-1.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      quite frankly when i hear the lines about 'gift to the fans' or 'poking fun' all i can think of is humiliating, berating, belittling, disrespecting, mocking and thumbing thier noses at us and our opinoins

it'll be nice if i'm wrong, but given the attitude from various interviews and the like, i'm not expecting any sort of fun poking, i'm expecting to be mocked and belittled and be treated like the victim of the school yard bully, complete with wedgies, swirlies and someone video taping my humiliation and putting it up on youtube cause, you know, it's funny

putting mitch and vala as the scarecrow and dorothy....it's pretty much a bite me to the fans

then again,these boys think bully and humiliation humor is fun, did you really expect anything else????

i wonder if anyone strained any muscles patting themselves on the back
                      I honestly don't think they realized how much of a slight it would be to some fans by putting Cameron as The Scarecrow and Vala as Dorothy. But I could totally be wrong. Any other time, I'd assume that it was an intentional "Screw you!" being made, but this time I think it was sheer ignorance and a severe disconnect from the fans, with whom they all of a sudden want to joke around.

And when they're talking about "love letters" and "jokes" with/to/for the fans, I've gotta wonder if they mean the oldtimer fans anyway, or the people who've bothered to catch up with the entire series since, perhaps, S8. Surely they're not referring to the smattering of folks they've supposedly "won over" from the ninth and tenth seasons, the likes of which are only casual and fickle, and not the loyalest of fans...

I'm just wondering whom they're trying to "gift" with this episode, though I have decided to reserve judgment until I actually see the episode. Are they trying to please the international, and relatively small niche of online fans, or are they really trying to appeal to the hundreds of thousands of U.S. viewers who even bother to stick it out on a regular basis anymore?

Then again, when they were in production for this episode, I'm sure they were anticipating much better results in the Nielsen's department this season.
                      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 07 August 2006, 05:30 PM.

Comment

It's created all sorts of mixed feelings in me. Excitement when new spoilers come out. Dread when new spoilers come out. Excitement when a new episode airs. Dread when a new episode airs.
                        Boy, do I know the feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

... the writers had SAM apologize. That drives me nuts. This is the SGC folks. Sometimes you're left to choose between the lesser of two evils. Sometimes...a LOT of times...things don't go as planned. I'm tired of the writers continuing to have Sam apologize for the things that go wrong, as though everything were her fault. Why didn't Dr. Lee apologize for taking so long with the gas? Why didn't Landry apologize for not authorizing the all out blitz sooner?

But NOOOOO. It's Sam. All her fault. Uh huh.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I would have loved it if that conversation had been more of a report than an apology and if Landry's reply was something more of an understanding than a "comfort."
                          See?! I knew it - I just knew it! I came in at the last two minutes of the episode and saw her looking all contrite and pitiful and mumbling that apology! Damnit! No matter what I missed, I knew that Sam was taking the fall once again and that fandom would start its bad-mouthing of the character as weak and ineffectual.

Well, my cable will be turned off this Friday and I have no desire to renew cable in my new location. I have no reason to watch SG1 any more ... it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Too painful to see the character of Sam slowly eroding before our eyes ...

And the whole fiasco with Jack ... another can of worms. Don't think TPTB really expected RDA to want to return to the show. "The old man" returns and whoops! Now they have a double problem: what to do with the characters of Sam and Jack?! Send Jack to Atlantis, quick! Have Sam do something stupid, quick!

Aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            And the whole fiasco with Jack ... another can of worms. Don't think TPTB really expected RDA to want to return to the show. "The old man" returns and whoops! Now they have a double problem: what to do with the characters of Sam and Jack?! Send Jack to Atlantis, quick!
                            And don't just send him to Atlantis, but
                            Spoiler:
                            have him just be part of Weir's hallucination. *That* really furthers and deepens his character arc, doesn't it. Truth be told, *any* actor could play the part of a high level ranking general representing the Tauri military PTB

Comment

Evil? I don't think so.

Sad? Yes.

OK, ReganX said this, but I just have to post it here:

"It's even more frustrating to see how bad it is now when you know how good it might have been."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                crp, crpity crp crp crp.
                                Did I mention this is CRAP!!

More of the new shinney useless freaking characters STEALING the parts of the old cool characters. I am actively moving from the "sad at the show" opinion to the "angry at the show" opinion to a "searing hatred of this show" opinion.
                                Yes, it is total and utter crap. TPTB just can't seem to help themselves. It is like a train wreck that we as fans can see coming for a mile. But they obviously either can't see (or don't care?) that they are crashing their show into the ground. I was looking forward to '200,' but now it just sounds like it is going to make me angry (much like 'Insiders' did). I'm still going to watch it, but so help me... if my fears about it are realized, I am going to stop watching the show. And that's not a threat, it's just the simple fact that I cannot stand to be so upset by a show I once loved. As for '200':

Spoiler:
                                If they were going to have Cam and Vala as Scarecrow and Dorothy in the Oz spoof, the least they could have done was let Sam and Jack play Crichton and Aeryn in the Farscape spoof. Turnabout is fair play, after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X