X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CG Excellent poem just excellent - I'm out of green for you though:>(

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      The 'baggage' consists of the folks who didn't want to continue SG-1, the ones who think that Carter, Teal'c and Daniel are now boring has-beens.

The 'baggage' consists of those who were tired of SG-1.

The 'baggage' consists of folks who should have moved on, but didn't because they decided that they could *change* SG-1 into what they wanted.
      Well said!!

Comment

... this waiting an extra hour for SG-1 draws equus asinus' testicles into the mouth via a practical vacuum.

and, as is par for my course, for me the 2nd hour of Eureka was the less interesting, so using it to pass the time worketh not so well.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          ... this waiting an extra hour for SG-1 draws equus asinus' testicles into the mouth via a practical vacuum.
          sucketh... donkey balls?

and, as is par for my course, for me the 2nd hour of Eureka was the less interesting, so using it to pass the time worketh not so well.
          In moments like that, I compose naughty drabbles in my head.
          scarimor

Comment

;. . . .

. . .. . . .

In moments like that, I compose naughty drabbles in my head.
            yes, you would, wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              ;. . . .

. . .. . . .

weeeeeeee!

yes, you would, wouldn't you?
              scarimor

Comment

WARNING, MITCHELL RANT AHEAD -

i'm ranting here, courtesy of this post/thread.

(replying to sky's post)

you know, another thing about mitchell 'leading' this team...

as smart as sam and daniel are, and as smart as teal'c is in all things combat, jack was *just as smart* in his tactical, military training. in other words, a team of *equals*.

mitchell in not equal to sam, daniel, and teal'c. what's special about him? he's a good pilot. so what. why is he special enough to not just lead the team, but to actually *be* on the team. and this is all the writers faults.

they're making excuses for vala's worth on this team (she spawned the ori child), so what's mitchell's worth?

really, i dare any fan to tell me what's so good about him with *this group of ppl*. i double dare ya.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm dying here. it's a friggin 99 degrees IN MY ROOM! when will this heatwave end?????

but if this is the end of the world, the writers MUST get sam and jack together first!! i'll watch my tapes of their togetherness, while my body whithers away. aren't i poetic?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gateworld's Interview with Claudia Black
                    CB: ... They didn't know if SG-1 would continue as an entity, and so they said, "If we did some sort of spin-off would you be interested in working with some of the existing cast if they were interested in coming back?"
                    I'm not whinging. However, I find this quote (of a paraphrase) very, very interesting.

I wonder if they realize that people here predicted that very motivation months ago.

Comment

Following majorsal's fine example of staying on topic:
                      Originally Posted by Skydiver:
                      mitch???? i sense no menace from mitch. no seriousness in his past or background. he's a lot like sam in that - at least in the early seasons - so steeped in innocence that you just can't ever see them doing the dirty work. Sam could be innocent. She wasn't the leader.

while i would have no doubt that jack would kick vala's tush...mitch is more liklely to just shake his head and yell at her for not listening to him and powerlessly stomp away.
                      I very much think the comparison to early seasons Carter and Mitchell is apt. You're right, Sam was much too innocent in the early years to be seen as a commander of a team. Mitchell is the exact same way--inexperienced and too innocent. The difference is that way back then the writers never tried to convince me that early Sam was qualified to lead a team. She was Captain Carter, someone who was learning (albeit quickly) what it meant to lead and take charge, what it meant to be the one who everyone relies on. Carter's evolution to Lt. Col. over the last 8 years is very believable; there are many scenes, small and short though they are, that are meant to show Carter's growth into a leader. It's what makes the current structure of the team so unnatural. Now, after eight years of war, killing, loss, torture, hundreds of missions, and actual victories, Carter is believable as a leader. The experience is there. With Mitchell it's like watching Capt. Carter in Children of the Gods try and give orders to General Hammond or Colonel O'neill. The senses recoil at the unnaturalness of it, and the mind questions everything that the character does.

And the writers have failed at making Mitchell seemed experienced. Even the way episodes play onscreen, I don't believe that anyone--not Daniel, not Carter, and certainly not Teal'c--see Mitchell as a leader. There's always Landry, but I won't fault him for being a mouthpiece.

Comment

yeah. mitch is too mentally young to be a leader. he's like shep. they've worked so hard to make him quirky adn likeable that theyu've made him, well impotent as a leader.

there's no menace, no steely determination, no dark side. he's just been made so freaking cute and adorable and fun that he's a crappy leader
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          I'm not whinging. However, I find this quote (of a paraphrase) very, very interesting.

I wonder if they realize that people here predicted that very motivation months ago.
                          wouldn't it be nice if the spin-off was the one where AT is cast as leader and vala tags along for the ride? I am still intrigued by ATs comments from the con a few weeks ago about having something in the hopper and that "this genre has been very good" to her. I don't know why I insist on getting any hope up at all based on what TPKTS (and this title is so apt right now based on the sound of what the ratings for the second season premiere of their "glorious and shiny new show" are) have done to completely annihilate what was once a unique, well-written, intelligent show.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            yeah. mitch is too mentally young to be a leader. he's like shep. they've worked so hard to make him quirky adn likeable that theyu've made him, well impotent as a leader.

there's no menace, no steely determination, no dark side. he's just been made so freaking cute and adorable and fun that he's a crappy leader
                            they keep trying to find that *jack magic* again, not realizing that it was rda all along that had 'it'. or they do realize it, but keep trying to find someone else that has that magic.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

This isn't a whinge/whine, but I was wondering what you thoght of Scifi's new baby Eureka? I find it funny that the lead character is Jack Carter and he shares the same bithyear as Sam. Oh did you notice all the SG1 actors in there, Nerus especially. I did find it OTT and utterly cliched, but then again it is a Scifi Original show. Now that they have their new baby will they be saying "Stargate? What's that?"
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                This isn't a whinge/whine, but I was wondering what you thoght of Scifi's new baby Eureka? I find it funny that the lead character is Jack Carter and he shares the same bithyear as Sam. Oh did you notice all the SG1 actors in there, Nerus especially. I did find it OTT and utterly cliched, but then again it is a Scifi Original show. Now that they have their new baby will they be saying "Stargate? What's that?"
                                I think if they start playing musical timeslots with stargate and put Eureka on Fridays then Stargate has something to worry about. Not sure they have anything to worry about until then.

BTW I do not think Eureka will last. First its a sci fi original, second I just dont see where they are going to go with it. But then Third Rock From the Sun lasted longer then I thought it was, so who knows.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X