This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we can handle rejection..

coz it seems like we're gonna have to deal with that nasty possiblity....

Comment

Hey,cheer up,Jafana !
      I try to be "Spoiler aware" and hopefully I've put the correct warnings where applicable in my Posts.
      Keep your faith a bit with GW Posters, as most of us seem to appreciate how annoying Spoilers are, for those members who don't want to read them !
      For what it's worth,I wouldn't take it personally, if you, or anyone else, give me a gentle poke if I slip up.( Sore subject for some others, though,depending on the way they see intervention !)

I'm afraid I was too weak to resist reading quite a few SG-1 and Atlantis spoilers in the end.My "bad",as I can restrain my excitement about everything here on the Forum,but I have to be silent on the whole subject at HOME !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
        I hope we can handle rejection..

coz it seems like we're gonna have to deal with that nasty possiblity....
        I think I have a permanent red mark on my forehead from slapping it in the last two weeks. I've tried to stick to the rules, but *SIGH*...common sense ain't so common.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

thanks guys

You're right, people have been better lately about putting in spoiler space. I've noticed it's more the newer people not including it, as opposed to the 'regulars'.

My moaning was more that SaharaGate and I seem to be alone in our militant stance.
          No-one wants to join our worthy cause

But thats ok I guess - we kinda figured it would be like that.

I'm very excited, because my copy of Atlantis should be arriving today and I'll finally be about to read the threads on that ep.

*sigh* I hate being more than a week behind everyone else in my viewing.

Comment

Another option is to use the reputation system. Give negative points to those who do a bad job of spoiler warning (on a second offense or so.) Reward those who do a good job with positive reputation points. And (I hope this goes without saying) leave a comment so the person will know what they did.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Hmmm uknesvuinng, if that quote in your sig is what I think it's from, it could be considerred a spoiler, but since it's VERY vague, it probably isn't that bad.

Unfortunately, I live for spoilers, I usually like to find out as much about an episode as possible as early as possible. They just don't seem to ruin the episode that much for me. I think it's becasue I'm so impatient, but at the same time, it is nice to be surprised sometimes.

However, just because I won't join your cause, doesn't mean I don't believe in it. I try very hard to place spoiler space ans spoiler warnings where it's necessary and often, I place them anyway even if it isn't necessary. Just cause I like spoilers doesn't mean I should spoil episodes for others. I do my best to follow the rules and set a good example, as well as kindly reminding other people who forget to add spoiler space and/or warnings. Goodluck dying spoiler free, it'll be very tricky.

Comment

Like whoa. You guys are intense over something so small.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                  Hmmm uknesvuinng, if that quote in your sig is what I think it's from, it could be considerred a spoiler, but since it's VERY vague, it probably isn't that bad.
                  Yeah, I made it purposely vague like that. You can't tell who said it, what episode it's from, or if it's even from Stargate. Those who know its source though can still appreciate it.
                  Originally posted by aschen
                  Personally, I don't mind being spoiled, it doesn't affect my appreciation of the episodes. However, I understand that some people want to be surprised when they watch the episode, and even the smallest spoiler can ruin the entire episode if it allows them to deduce some of the surprises in the episode. That's why they seem so intense on the matter. As a fellow fan, I do my best to prevent them from being unintentionally spoiled.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                    We're intense because we want to enjoy the show as much as we can, and for us that means staying spoiler free.

We VERY much appreciate that people do try to use spoiler space, and we also appreciate the support you guys are giving us

uknesvuinng: thanks for your suggestion about reputation points - I use them quite often - always putting in comments of course. There's nothing more aggrivating then getting a point and not knowing what it was for.
                    Also - I believe I put it in my "rules" for the SFA.(which incidentally I should [probably call the SFM: Spoiler Free Militia since I don't think two members constitute an Army?? )

anyway, thanks for your support

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                      Yeah, I made it purposely vague like that. You can't tell who said it, what episode it's from, or if it's even from Stargate. Those who know its source though can still appreciate it.

Personally, I don't mind being spoiled, it doesn't affect my appreciation of the episodes. However, I understand that some people want to be surprised when they watch the episode, and even the smallest spoiler can ruin the entire episode if it allows them to deduce some of the surprises in the episode. That's why they seem so intense on the matter. As a fellow fan, I do my best to prevent them from being unintentionally spoiled.
                      I don't have a problem with your sig at all. I think that's a really good way to get around the whole spoiler issue.

I think the main reason we have started being intense about it is not because we really get all torn up over tiny little spoilers, but because those tiny little spoilers often lead to REALLY BIG spoilers. We figure if we remind people on the little ones, they might remember next time when it is something big.

I would never leave a bad reputation point against someone unless they repeatedly forget spoiler space (and they are pretty bad spoilers) or if they don't even intend to use spoiler space coz they don't think it's necessary or something.

As a rule, all I wanna do is remind people. Until I get REALLY spoiled that is and then I wanna choke people

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                        Unfortunately, I live for spoilers, I usually like to find out as much about an episode as possible as early as possible. They just don't seem to ruin the episode that much for me. I think it's becasue I'm so impatient, but at the same time, it is nice to be surprised sometimes.

However, just because I won't join your cause, doesn't mean I don't believe in it. I try very hard to place spoiler space ans spoiler warnings where it's necessary and often, I place them anyway even if it isn't necessary. Just cause I like spoilers doesn't mean I should spoil episodes for others. I do my best to follow the rules and set a good example, as well as kindly reminding other people who forget to add spoiler space and/or warnings. Goodluck dying spoiler free, it'll be very tricky.

Well firstly, thanks heaps for being so considerate! All we want is for people to extend the courtesy of spoiler space, by no means do we want to stop people enjoying their spoilers.

There is probably a happy medium...I knew a few things about season 8 that merely made me more excited about it. After the initial drought between seasons, I always look forward to the first little bits of info that come through about the new season. This year those were things like:

Spoilers, Season 8,, New order, lockdown and onwards
                        Teal'cs hair (too funny!), knowing that the Pete story line would be addressed in some form, knowing that O'Neill would be promoted to General...

These things were good little appetisers (and acknowledged by the powers I believe).

For me, it's just actual plot details of episodes, or details that are central to the overall story arc of the season that ruin it for me.

When it started to get a little TOO much info, is when I found out all about TEal'c's apartment, Daniel's love interest, the Replicators, Pete's scene in New Order............
                        Although I will sometimes post reminders for the really minor things, I don't get antsy about them unless it's something quite bad.

And just for the record, I think things have gotten much better lately...at least on the General forum.

Comment

I've been offered to join the ranks of the Spoiler Free Army!

Reading spoilers can be very annoying without a spoiler warning first. Normally, I read spoilers but not in all situations. Those people that include a spoiler warning are being considerate to those that do not want to read spoilers. No warning can be very annoying, even if you're intending on reading spoilers.

*my signature has a little message!*
                          __

__

Comment

Woot!! Our first victi.......I mean member!

Big big welcomes to you Anubis! much love and spread the word around. We're always looking for new members (well obviously since with your membership we have a grand total of 3! but!! don't let that get you down.... who said that all good teams had to be four members? )

and go the sig reminder. you'll have to come up with an official rank.. unless thats what you want to be? a half ascended ancient/goa'uld? coz that could work.

considering I'm a General, and my 2IC is a First Prime, you can pretty much be what you want we're pretty flexible here.

Again, big welcome!

I Die, Spoiler Free!

Comment

Thanks for the welcoming! I've changed my 'rank' as you may call it to a Half-Ascended System Lord of the SFA!
                              __

__

Comment

This is in reference to all the newblets that say:

I have a question about 902, when carter is shot repeatedly in the chest by Daniel, did AT really get hurt!?

That type of thing?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                                X