Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Santa/Pay it Forward (no not a movie thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replicator Fifth
    replied
    aww won't let me green anyone here...

Leave a comment:

• Replicator Fifth
    replied
    Greens everyone!

Leave a comment:

• kali1
    replied
    Pay it forward GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Replicator Fifth
    replied
    spread the Green!!!

Leave a comment:

• kali1
    replied
    it does make people happy. Cool, isn't it

Leave a comment:

• rosey_angel
    replied
    yay for this thread, great idea and it gives me green but more to the point, it does make ppl happy to know they're getting rewarded for doing something nice

Leave a comment:

• kali1
    replied
    Let's revive this....

Leave a comment:

• Lorr
    replied
    Great idea! I wish there was more of it around!

Leave a comment:

• Drewzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lauriel
    Give it a go folks. At worst, someone scratches their head and wonders who the strange person is that gave them a green and a wierd message to pass it on...
    I agree... I'm in!
    This is a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• Lauriel
    replied
    Originally posted by Owen Macri
    Ok, I thought of something to help add a little more love to the forum and increase the sense of family. (I know everyone doesn't celebrate Christmas, but that was more a metaphor.)

Anyways, what happens is you do something nice for someone else, maybe post a nice message, send a nice pm, give some nice reputation, then instead of having them pay it back, you ask them to pay it forward. So instead of returning a compliment, or reputation, they give out reputation or a comment to someone else that is nice and tell them to pay it forward. As this spreads through the forum it will get bigger and bigger, and soon enough, it will be daily routine to pay forward some nice comments or reputation. I think it would really help, it would add a sense of love to the forum, let people get to know each other, and increase the sense of family, that I think everyone likes. And the movie was great too. So in your messages just specify that you want the person to pay it forward, instead of back, and possibly give a link to this thread, so they don't think

"What the heck does pay it forward mean????"

So, give me your opinions on this, and get started!

Owen Macri

Hi guys!

I'm sure everyone has noticed a fair amount of divisiveness on the forum of late. In an effort to follow through with this fantastic idea, I am going to bump this up, and 'pay it forward' to three people. I hope this catches on again, as it is such a wonderful idea.

Give it a go folks. At worst, someone scratches their head and wonders who the strange person is that gave them a green and a wierd message to pass it on...

Leave a comment:

• WhatFateAlmondRoca
    replied
    Originally posted by Owen Macri
    Allright, I haven't been around here, a lot so I'm not going to pretend I still know what's going on. But I do hope that this has had some effect. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts and opinions, on it, I would also like to try to get more people to do this so please any ideas would be greatful.
    bump for this terrific idea

Leave a comment:

• _Owen_
    replied
    Allright, I haven't been around here, a lot so I'm not going to pretend I still know what's going on. But I do hope that this has had some effect. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts and opinions, on it, I would also like to try to get more people to do this so please any ideas would be greatful.

Leave a comment:

• _Owen_
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Qasim
    replied
    Still time

It wont let me give you rep

Leave a comment:

• Erised
    replied