Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Santa/Pay it Forward (no not a movie thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Santa/Pay it Forward (no not a movie thread)

Ok, I thought of something to help add a little more love to the forum and increase the sense of family. (I know everyone doesn't celebrate Christmas, but that was more a metaphor.)

Anyways, what happens is you do something nice for someone else, maybe post a nice message, send a nice pm, give some nice reputation, then instead of having them pay it back, you ask them to pay it forward. So instead of returning a compliment, or reputation, they give out reputation or a comment to someone else that is nice and tell them to pay it forward. As this spreads through the forum it will get bigger and bigger, and soon enough, it will be daily routine to pay forward some nice comments or reputation. I think it would really help, it would add a sense of love to the forum, let people get to know each other, and increase the sense of family, that I think everyone likes. And the movie was great too. So in your messages just specify that you want the person to pay it forward, instead of back, and possibly give a link to this thread, so they don't think

"What the heck does pay it forward mean????"

So, give me your opinions on this, and get started!

Owen Macri

I like it. Simple, yet effective.

Comment

Ah nice movie...
      OK, I like your good intentions... so I greened you Owen

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
        Ok, I thought of something to help add a little more love to the forum and increase the sense of family. (I know everyone doesn't celebrate Christmas, but that was more a metaphor.)

Anyways, what happens is you do something nice for someone else, maybe post a nice message, send a nice pm, give some nice reputation, then instead of having them pay it back, you ask them to pay it forward. So instead of returning a compliment, or reputation, they give out reputation or a comment to someone else that is nice and tell them to pay it forward. As this spreads through the forum it will get bigger and bigger, and soon enough, it will be daily routine to pay forward some nice comments or reputation. I think it would really help, it would add a sense of love to the forum, let people get to know each other, and increase the sense of family, that I think everyone likes. And the movie was great too. So in your messages just specify that you want the person to pay it forward, instead of back, and possibly give a link to this thread, so they don't think

Owen Macri
        Two wonderful ideas in one week! I love it! I'll do it, and I'll encourage folks on "my" regular threads to do it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
          Ah nice movie...
          The ending stunk... but I guess thats just my "american who likes happy endings attitude" showing through.

I like how your always positive Owen.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Nice idea.

Although the movie made me mad with the ending. But that really has nothing to do with this thread.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri

Owen Macri
              I LOVE YOU!!!!!! *Gives Owen a big hug and starts crying on his shoulder*

Ok, well maybe that was a little to much love.. Anyways, great idea!!! I really like your ideas about making the forum a better place, and I think, and hope, they will succeed
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Great idea Owen
                Now why does the name Secret Santa ring a bell??
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

nice idea
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, one big reply!

Originally posted by mazzmataz
                    I like it. Simple, yet effective.
                    Ya, I thought so too, and it might just work. I came up with it last night but was to tired to post, and then I had school today.

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                    Ah nice movie...
                    Ya, it was a good movie, and thank you.

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Two wonderful ideas in one week! I love it! I'll do it, and I'll encourage folks on "my" regular threads to do it too!
                    Great! Thank you very much! The two ideas sort of go hand in hand, that is why I posted a link in the other thread. I was debating about whether to just post it in the other thread, but then I decided against it, it might get to confusing.

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    The ending stunk... but I guess thats just my "american who likes happy endings attitude" showing through.
                    Ya, the ending was really sad, I don't think it is just americans who like happy endings, it is always nice when everything works out, but it did make you think, and it was emotional, that is what makes a good movie.

Originally posted by KatG
                    Nice idea.

Although the movie made me mad with the ending. But that really has nothing to do with this thread.
                    Thank you! Ya, the ending was sad, but it had a purpose, and it was a good ending, even though not happy.

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                    I LOVE YOU!!!!!! *Gives Owen a big hug and starts crying on his shoulder*

Ok, well maybe that was a little to much love.. Anyways, great idea!!! I really like your ideas about making the forum a better place, and I think, and hope, they will succeed
                    Lol, I love you too, lmao. Thank you, I hope it will work out, I have a feeling this idea will accomplish something.

Originally posted by Eoin
                    Great idea Owen
                    Now why does the name Secret Santa ring a bell??
                    Thanks, well commonly in offices and stuff, at some schools they do it, you draw a name from a hat and give a present to that person, for christmas, it might be a movie too, I will check. Even though "Secret Santa" sort of has nothing to do with it, because we are making Santa a metaphor so as not to exclude anyone with a different religion or simply who don't celebrate christmas, and it isn't secret either... lol, it makes a good name.

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                    nice idea
                    Thank you, hopefully it will work... *crossing fingers*

Thank you very much everyone!

EDIT: There are three movies titled "Secret Santa" Secret Santa (1994), Secret Santa (2002), and Secret Santa (2003). As well there is the movie Dear Santa (1998), which is also known as Secret Santa and the movie Crazy For Christmas (2005), which is also also known as Secret Santa.

Owen Macri
                    Last edited by _Owen_; 15 November 2005, 02:01 PM.

Comment

You sure come up with some good ideas
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Lol, thank you. So who else is in? Let's spread the love! lol.

Comment

I'm in. Whether it helps or not is another thing Owen, though I commend your efforts, idealistic as they are....at least you're trying.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Bumping

Comment

Working...
                              X