Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Santa/Pay it Forward (no not a movie thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves hand*

Comment

Pay it forward time again!
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

hey we didn't have a NY pay it forward!

Comment

Still time

It wont let me give you rep
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

bump

Comment

Allright, I haven't been around here, a lot so I'm not going to pretend I still know what's going on. But I do hope that this has had some effect. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts and opinions, on it, I would also like to try to get more people to do this so please any ideas would be greatful.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                Allright, I haven't been around here, a lot so I'm not going to pretend I still know what's going on. But I do hope that this has had some effect. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts and opinions, on it, I would also like to try to get more people to do this so please any ideas would be greatful.
                bump for this terrific idea
                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                  Ok, I thought of something to help add a little more love to the forum and increase the sense of family. (I know everyone doesn't celebrate Christmas, but that was more a metaphor.)

Anyways, what happens is you do something nice for someone else, maybe post a nice message, send a nice pm, give some nice reputation, then instead of having them pay it back, you ask them to pay it forward. So instead of returning a compliment, or reputation, they give out reputation or a comment to someone else that is nice and tell them to pay it forward. As this spreads through the forum it will get bigger and bigger, and soon enough, it will be daily routine to pay forward some nice comments or reputation. I think it would really help, it would add a sense of love to the forum, let people get to know each other, and increase the sense of family, that I think everyone likes. And the movie was great too. So in your messages just specify that you want the person to pay it forward, instead of back, and possibly give a link to this thread, so they don't think

"What the heck does pay it forward mean????"

So, give me your opinions on this, and get started!

Owen Macri

Hi guys!

I'm sure everyone has noticed a fair amount of divisiveness on the forum of late. In an effort to follow through with this fantastic idea, I am going to bump this up, and 'pay it forward' to three people. I hope this catches on again, as it is such a wonderful idea.

Give it a go folks. At worst, someone scratches their head and wonders who the strange person is that gave them a green and a wierd message to pass it on...
                  sigpic
                  My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
                    Give it a go folks. At worst, someone scratches their head and wonders who the strange person is that gave them a green and a wierd message to pass it on...
                    I agree... I'm in!
                    This is a great idea.

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
                    Spoiler:
                    SCI-FI....
                    I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Great idea! I wish there was more of it around!

Comment

Let's revive this....

Comment

yay for this thread, great idea and it gives me green but more to the point, it does make ppl happy to know they're getting rewarded for doing something nice
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

it does make people happy. Cool, isn't it

Comment

spread the Green!!!

Comment

Pay it forward GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment