No announcement yet.

Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if Seattle can keep that lucking going they may just make it to the SuperBowl. One weird end to a game. I wasn't rooting for either team so it was fun to watch.

My condolences to Dallas.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

On the other hand, the team I was rooting for KC played their worst game of the season and maybe the last couple years.

They stunk up the stadium.
      Of course Indianapolis played terribly in the 1st half too. I can just see the suits at NBC with shaking their heads as people desert the game in droves. That had to be one of the worst 1st halves by both teams I've seen in a long time.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

While I am exceedingly happy that the Seahawks won (or at least--didn't lose), I feel just terrible for that poor Romo. You can bet that botched hold will be played over and over (and over). He came heartbreakingly close (about 1 foot) to making a touchdown. So sad...

...well, except for Seahawk fans!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          On the other hand, the team I was rooting for KC played their worst game of the season and maybe the last couple years.

They stunk up the stadium.
          Of course Indianapolis played terribly in the 1st half too. I can just see the suits at NBC with shaking their heads as people desert the game in droves. That had to be one of the worst 1st halves by both teams I've seen in a long time.

There's always baseball....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
            While I am exceedingly happy that the Seahawks won (or at least--didn't lose), I feel just terrible for that poor Romo. You can bet that botched hold will be played over and over (and over). He came heartbreakingly close (about 1 foot) to making a touchdown. So sad...

I'm not feeling too bad for Romo. Sure, it was heartbreaking the way it played out, at the same time, it seemed that he needed a very humbling experience. You never want to see someone go through that, at the same time, you want to see their mettle tested and see them overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post

I didn't feel too badly for him, but I have no mercy, either.

Actually, just minutes before, my friends as I had been talking about how "Mr. Inconsistency" had been doing pretty well, and it was time for his typical breakdown. Lucky for us, it happened in a crucial moment. That was one crazy ending, though. There was a lot of screaming going on in the room!

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                I didn't feel too badly for him, but I have no mercy, either.

Actually, just minutes before, my friends as I had been talking about how "Mr. Inconsistency" had been doing pretty well, and it was time for his typical breakdown. Lucky for us, it happened in a crucial moment. That was one crazy ending, though. There was a lot of screaming going on in the room!

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                That's an appropriately evil tone for the post number.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  That's an appropriately evil tone for the post number.
                  LMAO! I hadn't even noticed!

...drat, now you'll all know my secret identity!

Comment

It was an awesome game! Speechless in Seattle!
                    I felt bad for Parcells. My house was so loud after Romo bobbled the ball we just about set off car alarms.

Comment

The Colts beat a Chiefs team that didn't belong in the playoffs. No big surprise there.

Seattle barely beat Dallas. Luck can only get you so far. The question becomes: how will they hold up against a better Chicago or New Orleans team?

New England beat New York. How quaint. Now New England can get ready to have their season come to a cruel end in San Diego. *evil grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                        The Colts beat a Chiefs team that didn't belong in the playoffs. No big surprise there.

Seattle barely beat Dallas. Luck can only get you so far. The question becomes: how will they hold up against a better Chicago or New Orleans team?

New England beat New York. How quaint. Now New England can get ready to have their season come to a cruel end in San Diego. *evil grin*
                        Luck took Pittsburgh all the way to superbowl championship last year.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Chicago's only good some of the time. They've been somewhat off-and-on this year. I don't think their record is really telling - they had some skin-of-their-teeth wins against shabby teams.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                            Luck took Pittsburgh all the way to superbowl championship last year.
                            And they had more talent than the Seahawks do now to add to that luck. If Seattle can barely beat a mediocre Dallas team with their said 'talent'...

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                            Chicago's only good some of the time. They've been somewhat off-and-on this year. I don't think their record is really telling - they had some skin-of-their-teeth wins against shabby teams.
                            Let's review. These games that they have looked bad in are due to one factor: Rex Grossman. He had a ton of interceptions and other costly mistakes. He is, however, playing smarter than he was then and it shows. Keep in mind, he'll be on a leash in this game. If he starts to make those mistakes, you can expect to see his backup, Brian Griese.

Truthfully, I think that you're trying to convince yourself that your team can somehow find a way to win. And if you say no, remember that denial is the first sign.

Comment

Let's review. These games that they have looked bad in are due to one factor: Rex Grossman. He had a ton of interceptions and other costly mistakes. He is, however, playing smarter than he was then and it shows. Keep in mind, he'll be on a leash in this game. If he starts to make those mistakes, you can expect to see his backup, Brian Griese.

Truthfully, I think that you're trying to convince yourself that your team can somehow find a way to win. And if you say no, remember that denial is the first sign.
                              Yes, Grossman is a source of their problems. But even if they keep him on a leash, is suddenly putting in Griese really going to solve their problems? Griese (while he is by no means inexperienced) hasn't gotten a lot of playing time this season, and I don't see him clicking immediately if he's thrown into the game all of a sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                                Yes, Grossman is a source of their problems. But even if they keep him on a leash, is suddenly putting in Griese really going to solve their problems? Griese (while he is by no means inexperienced) hasn't gotten a lot of playing time this season, and I don't see him clicking immediately if he's thrown into the game all of a sudden.
                                He has gotten playing time recently, however. The Bears do have a pretty good run game so combinded with short to medium length passes from Griese would be enough to beat the Seahawks. Your team has pretty much proven they can't stop either one.

Remember, that Bears D is pretty good too. Make too many mistakes yourself and the Seahawks get to watch the rest of the playoffs from home.

Did I leave out Devin Hester? Not to mention a hostile environment...
                                Can the odds be any more against the Seahawks?

Comment

Working...
                                X