Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
    That was on at the same sort of time as Drop The Dead Donkey, wasn't?
    Pretty much, yeah.

Hmmm, this has drifted from Scotland rather, hasn't it?
    These things do tend to happen.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Oh well...as long as we sort of mention it once in a while we should be alright.....
      sigpic

Comment

Kirsten - you've only been to Glasgow once?? You need to remedy that - very underrated city

I stay at Loch Lomond, but I've worked in Glasgow on and off for years and went to Caley for my degree so I feel like a Glaswegian (and my dad was from the East End).
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I have indeed. You'd have thought I'd have been through more but never needed to.
          sigpic

Comment

Whereabouts do you stay if you don't mind me asking?

There's plenty of places in Scotland I've not had a chance to visit...I actually didn't visit Edinburgh for the first time until I was 18, but I've more than made up for it since
            sigpic

Comment

I've been to quite a lot of places in this wonderful country of ours. When I was a kid, my dad would take mum, my brother and I on day trips to places like Stirling, or we'd hop on the ferry and have a day out in Dunoon or Rothsay.

We'd go on holiday to North Berwick, or in later years Oban, or Fort William.

I'd love to re-visit some of these places, but I can't drive and getting places by public transport can be a bit of a nightmare.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Same....I've seen a lot of the West Coast, but I've not really been to the East Coast at all...I've never been to Dundee or Aberdeen so I'm hoping to visit them both this year at some point.
                sigpic

Comment

I've passed through Dundee a couple of times when I've been on my way to the Leuchars Air Show. Don't think I've ever been to Aberdeen.

I go to Perth a couple of times a year to spend the weekend with my friends Nick and Kitty.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well gang, it looks like I'm not going anywhere today.

The high winds overnight have lead to the cancellation of the majority of Scotrail services.

I'm currently trying to find out if I can either reschedule my tour or get a refund.

Dammit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, following a couple of Facebook messages and an email or two, I've managed to reschedule my tour for next Friday.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        Whereabouts do you stay if you don't mind me asking?

There's plenty of places in Scotland I've not had a chance to visit...I actually didn't visit Edinburgh for the first time until I was 18, but I've more than made up for it since
                        I live in Edinburgh. I have lived here all my life.
                        sigpic

Comment

@Kirsten - Lucky! I nearly got a job in Edinburgh a few years back but missed out on it...I was totally gutted...I try to visit Edinburgh as often as I can
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm originally from Dundee. I came to Edinburgh as a student in 1977, and have stayed here ever since.
                            sigpic

Comment

Blargh.

I feel terrible. Trouble sleeping at night cos of the wind howling and the rain battering off my bedroom window. There's something keeps smacking off the window, and it's given me a headache.

Went back to bed for an hour or so, but it didn't really help.
                              sigpic

Comment

What is this nonsense with the snow? Go away! It's too late for a white Christmas. As long as it doesn't lie because I'm working tomorrow.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X