Cyoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyoa

I've been to some, different parts of the internet for the last few years and I found something that took the name from the old Choose Your Own Adventure books and turned it into something that is part game and part writing prompt but all creative writing. I think that I mostly found it from the sub reddit Make Your Choice. So I did a quick search in this form and I can't find anything but a small handful of posts about the old books, some of them were fun, but none about this new little insanity.

So here's a link to one such document (on Reddit beware), a fairly recent one that also has to do with Stargate, very few of them do;

Edit: I added images for those who don't want to go to Reddit. And my own build.

Spoiler:
    ~Stargate v.2.1~

Race: New Race (K-2 Civ Kobolds); They have the, pre-protomolecule, tech of The Expanse Humanity and with no knowledge of subspace/hyperspace, and thus neither FTL travel nor communication.​
    Could choose? Create your own race.

Starting Location: Custom Planet (Heliopolis); I know it says that there should be no population but I think that one old man in a rickety ancient building hardly counts as a population.​
    Describe a world with no population and a ship equivalent to an Ancient puddle jumper. You appear on that world. If you are a new created race you have 10 subbordanates of your race and equipment for them all as well as enough food and water to survive a month.

Bonus (+1 Perk): Extra Perk; ​
    1 extra point for perks.
    -Skills-

Mechanic (2-1): I'm gonna use this for engineering knowledge known to my own race.​
    You know everything about working with modern machines from earth and can learn how to work something you don't know within a couple days.

Science (1-1):
    You are a master in one field of science and can learn new science at an excelerated rate.
    -Perks-
    Enhanced Mind (3-1):
    You retain all everything permanently and fully comprehend everything you know. All of your past memories are clear and you learn faster.

Replication (2-1):
    You are able to instantly build anything that you have the material on hand for that you know how to build. No wait time.

Ageless (1-1):
    You ageless. You stop ageing at an age of your choice and are incapable of dieing of age. If you are robotic in nature you don't need mantainance in any way, nanites will never degrade.
    ---

Time: Before 1997; Approximately a decade before SG-1 arrives at Heliopolis the K-2 Kobolds arrive and begin to set up their industry. A year before SG-1 arrives they discover the stranded Ernest Littlefield and begins their attempts to understand and help the man.​

Crisis: Wraith Knowledge; All things considered we should be more than capable of wiping them out long before the first expidition leaves for Atlantis, much less 2050.​
    The wraith know of the population of the milky way and plan to go there in the year 2050 if they aren't woken up before then. The wraith have also found a stock pile of ZPM's and a facility to build new ones. If you are a Wraith you are considered as unnatural and need to be killed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 01 September 2023, 10:49 AM.

Working...
X