General video games discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General video games discussion thread

Well, I just saw the Mass Effect discussion thread be active again and thought there could as well be a thread for discussing all kinds of video games, too

So I made this thread and hope we can have some nice discussions, about what video games we play and maybe even help each other out on some questions, if we play the same games

Well and to begin with it, today I started a new play through of Divinity Original Sin 2, which is a fantasy RPG with turn-based combat and played mostly in bird view perspective

And what are you playing/liked to play/used to play?
    Last edited by DarkenLycht; 04 February 2021, 01:50 PM.

Well, I've been playing some Sekiro (going for all the achievements). Nearly finished with a third run since I need the third gauntlet of strength. It's ironic that Fromsoft's Souls game is considered their flagship franchise while their side games feel far superior (bloodborne and sekiro). It's not that I don't like the souls games. It's just that I do feel that their other projects are better.

Also, recently finished Nier Automata. What a heart wrench. I hear people talk about the Last of Us (1 not 2, 2's not even a contender) for being emotional. I was just frowning in 1. Nier had me choking.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
      Well, I've been playing some Sekiro (going for all the achievements). Nearly finished with a third run since I need the third gauntlet of strength. It's ironic that Fromsoft's Souls game is considered their flagship franchise while their side games feel far superior (bloodborne and sekiro). It's not that I don't like the souls games. It's just that I do feel that their other projects are better.

Also, recently finished Nier Automata. What a heart wrench. I hear people talk about the Last of Us (1 not 2, 2's not even a contender) for being emotional. I was just frowning in 1. Nier had me choking.
      Sekiro is one of the games I wanted to get, too but I'll be waiting still until I maybe can get my hands on a PS5. I played all three of the Dark Souls series, as well as Bloodborne and hope to get the Demon's Souls remake once I have said PS5
      One game I also played, which is similar in play style to Dark Souls is Mortal Shell, it's a rather short game and it's easy to see where the developers took inspiration from but it also adds pretty nice unique elements

I played the Las of Us I only, was OK, but I don't know why people hype it so much for the story and all. Can't say anything about Nier though as I have not played that

Comment

I have an entire Xbox collection -- all consoles except for the last one (too expensive) -- so I mostly play Xbox games.

I'm a big fan of the Lego games. Looking forward to getting the The Skywalker Saga this year. The Harry Potter collection is a lot of fun too, as is the Avengers game.

I am a huge, huge, huge fan of the Halo franchise, except the last installment, Halo 5. They took out offline co-op in favor of online co-op and better visuals, which for a lot of players is a damn shame cause playing co-op is one of the things I love most about the games.

First run through the games would be with my sister, yelling at the screen and each other and laughing our butts off when things don't go quite as we expect them to go.

Halo 5 didn't have that and it wasn't as much fun so I'm absolutely hoping they put co-op back but I doubt it. The majority plays online anyway and offline couch-play is negligible -- another shame for me.

Anywho ... I'm not picky about which games I play. FPS, racing, RPG...

Nor what console I play them on, cause I also have a Wii and a Nintendo DS.

Also, the basic Microsoft card games are my thing.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, that is a nice line up of consoles for sure. Used to have a xbox360 but now only have a PS4 as it had exclusives that were more my taste

But I did like Fable 3 which as far as I know was a xbox exclusive, was it?

Comment

I've beaten Bioshock Infinite for the second time, been making serious bank in GTA Online, and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Mass Effect Legendary Edition set!
            "Welcome to the Good place"

Let's save the planet, it's the only one we have.

Comment

I started playing the ME: LE today, feels so good to be commander Sheppard again, and until today I was playing Divinity Original Sin 2 a lot, before that Outward

Comment

PH kept telling me to try out Mass Effect so I bought Andromeda a couple of weeks ago... and I'm in love with that game. Oh. Em. Gee.

It has everything... the music, the effects, the story, the gaming... even if it's a couple of years old already and thus that shows in the graphics, I'm absolutely loving it.

So obviously got the Legendary edition so that I can go back to where it all started.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  PH kept telling me to try out Mass Effect so I bought Andromeda a couple of weeks ago... and I'm in love with that game. Oh. Em. Gee.

It has everything... the music, the effects, the story, the gaming... even if it's a couple of years old already and thus that shows in the graphics, I'm absolutely loving it.

So obviously got the Legendary edition so that I can go back to where it all started.
                  Hmm, well, the ME:LE so the old trilogy is quite different from Andromeda as that one was made not by the team that worked on ME1-ME3, but they are surely worth playing

Did anyone of you try out Biomutant though?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

and here I am missing the good ol' days of the 80's and 90's (just turned 40 so those days are officially the "good ol' days" for me now ) and playing Arkanoid on an Apple 2 series and Crystal Quest on a Macintosh Classic series

Comment

Finally finished up Nier Replicant. I can see why many ppl love it. The story telling is something else and Kaine is a special flower. That being said, it's a remaster of an old game so a lot of its issues were mostly inherited from the original which came out during the time game developers giving players tedious activities was gameplay.

It's a shame the marketing for the Nier games is so bad. I passed on Nier Automata for 4+ years because I thought it looked stupid and all the acclaims of it being a masterpiece being overbloated hype. Same deal with Nier Replicant. Thought it looked dumb. Only bought it because of how blown away I was by Automata and I nearly missed THAT.

sigpic
                      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
                      X